User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Sundog,

Call these guys... http://mhemployment.com/minneapolis-job-fair/

It's the real deal, pain in the arse right now, but there is allot going on, growing pains... BUT, they will and do bend over backwards to keep a guy happy. I have never been treated this good by anyone that I have worked for. Honestly, it is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Mike
Old 10-30-2011, 02:19 AM
Rookie

Justruckin, i called mile high and didn't like what they were telling me. from what i have read from you here i would love to get on with baker hughes however i'm a truck driver not a frac hand, i'm too out of shape to be rigging up and shoveling sand and that was to only position they talked about that i could have some home time, i live in Wisconsin. do you think if i showed up at their door would i be able to find a job with them. i'll be joining a small trucking company and will probably be out there next week. thanks
Old 10-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
I'm home in Michigan, on break right now, from the ND oil patch. Right now I am with Baker Hughes, working as an Equipment Operator, my pay has taken a bit of a hit, but the bennies make up for it. Starting pay is roughly $23 and hour. They pay for housing (Private rooms at places like The Quality Inn, Ramada, Microtel, Best Western, etc.), travel to and from the house (full airline cost reimbursement or .50 a mile if you drive), immediate benefits, Blue Cross Blue Shield, eye, dental, 401k, stock options, etc., upon completion of two week orientation (which I was paid $2200 net to attend). They give you all clothing, winter gear, etc., including prescription safety glasses, you need to buy your own steel toed boots and long underwear.

If you have a wife, kids and or pets, bring them along, as they (Baker Hughes) will house them at no charge along with you. I have a few buddies that I work with that have the wife and kids with them right now. They put the kids in school, and mom goes out and grabs a part time job that normally pays around $14 an hour if not more. We are located in Dickinson ND, plenty of work. McDonalds and Walmart pay around $14 an hour to start. If the wife has other skills, she can make more, especially in nursing.

Here is a link to check out, it is from Mile High Employment out of Denver, CDL-A Drivers and Diesel Mechanics Job Fair in Minneapolis, Minnesota | Mile High Energy Solutions

Here is the Craigslist link JOB FAIR Minnesota for North Dakota oilfield(65-75K first year)

I have two of my friends heading up there, if you are clean you will be hired. We need 500 more people. And we are opening a new terminal come spring time. Things are kind of goofy right now, but we are in a small yard and have more work than you can shake a stick at. In other words, we are growing to fast right now, so not all is rosey right now but should be getting better come spring.

If you are not interested in Baker Hughes, the main issue for you guys will be housing, as there is little of it. Many outfits charge you up to $700+ a month for what many of us would consider third world accommodations and have issues getting you paid. In other words, do your own due diligence! There are many good outfits here in ND, but we have our share of fly by nights that have no problem in stealing from you. If you come up here to work for a legitimate employer, and were recruited from out of state, you should not have to pay for housing! It has never been like that in the oil patch, as companies have historically paid for housing at the minimum, be they man camps or group housing.

Here are some links to check out....

Check out this video too. It is from Cramer of CNBC's Mad Money, he did this show this past August. He did a great job describing what is actually going on up here in ND.

Mad Money, August 24, 2011 - CNBC

A local paper out of Williston ND

Classifieds - The Shopper, Inc. - Williston, North Dakota

If you want to talk, just pm me your phone number and I will give you a call on my dime. I have been in ND since April of this year.

Mike

ON EDIT! if you do not have your CDL Baker Hughes will send you to Denver to obtain one and PAY YOU to attend the CDL school! At no cost to you! So if you know of someone that can work for 30 plus hours straight, and they don't have a CDL, we will get them everything they need!

This is not a job for sissies! I'm 46 years old and hanging in there.
Hey Mike, meant to thank you again for your time and info per our chat last week.
I called them and they said they want experience (insurance reasons) and do not know of a school in Denver.(??) :/ Just thought I'd let ya know what they said.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:11 PM
Rookie

was that baker hughes?
Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Rookie

I've been told to just head out there and I'll find a job fast. What are your opinions on that plan?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
Sundog,

Call these guys... CDL-A Drivers and Diesel Mechanics Job Fair in Minneapolis, Minnesota | Mile High Energy Solutions

It's the real deal, pain in the arse right now, but there is allot going on, growing pains... BUT, they will and do bend over backwards to keep a guy happy. I have never been treated this good by anyone that I have worked for. Honestly, it is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Mike
Exactly which company is it you are working for? Mile High Energy Solutions....which is what your "job fair" link is about......Or are you employed by Baker Hughes....which is what you have implied.

You have a couple of the "Newbies" wondering I am sure....and you do have at least one "oldie" confused.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog View Post
justruckin, don't know how to pm yet but would love more info on how to hire on with baker hughes. like orangetxguy i worked offshore for halliburton cementing and what not in my 20's. would like to get on with baker and i understand the weather, have lived in alaska and seen my share of cold. anyway any info will be appreciated.
Just to clarify......I have never worked for Big Red. Not back in the day....not now....not ever! I worked for Dowell for 10 years.....Dowell is now Schlumberger Oilwell Services.

Sundog......The easiest way to get hired on with Baker Hughes.....is to talk with Baker Hughes. There are a lot of different companies under the Baker Hughes umbrella.

Careers @ Baker Hughes | BakerHughes.com
Old 11-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Rookie

I was at a Baker Hughes hiring event in Denver on Monday (Oct 31). I was offered a job in Dickinson as a Field Operator. The offer letter describes the postion Mike mentions above. 23.00 per hour with CDL, 21.00 per hour without CDL. If you don't have a CDL they will train you. 21/14 rotation with housing provided.

The event wasn't well publicized and they were hiring pretty much anyone who looked fit for the postion. If you are drug free there is probably a position available for you with BH. They are literally hiring 100's of people. They said they have millions of dollars worth of equipment on the ground that they need to get running. BH has two teams moving throughout the country putting on these hiring events. It was a fluke that I saw the ad in the Denver Post on Sunday. (Who looks in the paper for a job anymore?)

As background, I currently live in Denver and grew up in Williston ND. I spent a few weeks in Williston in October, as I still have family there. Let me make this clear, there are thousands of jobs available in Williston, but DO NOT plan on going there are landing a job that will provide you housing when you get into town. Big Oil is buying up the town. Halliburton, Weatherford, BH and Slumberger all likely have housing available, but they will take a couple weeks to complete their due diligence before hiring a person (drug tests, background, DMV etc). They will not work on your timeframe. In fact, if you show up at these companies, they will tell you to go apply online.

I went to a job fair in Williston at CCS Midstream Services. There were probably 100 people there. The recruiters were moving thorugh the crowd looking for people with CDL's. They were pulling them aside and offering jobs on the spot. Of course, that doesn't mean they start the next day.

So yeah, there are jobs availble in ND, but you must do your due diligence from home. This is not the time of year to be living in your car in ND.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
....This is not the time of year to be living in your car in ND.
If they don't have any experience above the 45th parallel, that would harden them up quick.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interloper View Post
I was at a Baker Hughes hiring event in Denver on Monday (Oct 31). I was offered a job in Dickinson as a Field Operator. The offer letter describes the postion Mike mentions above. 23.00 per hour with CDL, 21.00 per hour without CDL. If you don't have a CDL they will train you. 21/14 rotation with housing provided.

The event wasn't well publicized and they were hiring pretty much anyone who looked fit for the postion. If you are drug free there is probably a position available for you with BH. They are literally hiring 100's of people. They said they have millions of dollars worth of equipment on the ground that they need to get running. BH has two teams moving throughout the country putting on these hiring events. It was a fluke that I saw the ad in the Denver Post on Sunday. (Who looks in the paper for a job anymore?)

As background, I currently live in Denver and grew up in Williston ND. I spent a few weeks in Williston in October, as I still have family there. Let me make this clear, there are thousands of jobs available in Williston, but DO NOT plan on going there are landing a job that will provide you housing when you get into town. Big Oil is buying up the town. Halliburton, Weatherford, BH and Slumberger all likely have housing available, but they will take a couple weeks to complete their due diligence before hiring a person (drug tests, background, DMV etc). They will not work on your timeframe. In fact, if you show up at these companies, they will tell you to go apply online.

I went to a job fair in Williston at CCS Midstream Services. There were probably 100 people there. The recruiters were moving thorugh the crowd looking for people with CDL's. They were pulling them aside and offering jobs on the spot. Of course, that doesn't mean they start the next day.

So yeah, there are jobs availble in ND, but you must do your due diligence from home. This is not the time of year to be living in your car in ND.
What Interloper say's applies wherever this "Boom" is occurring.