User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My buddy is at the bar...

He is at the bar in Fairview MT, already has two job offers. One is hauling water at 26 an hour + ot, 14 hours on 10 off, housing included. The other job is salary, $9000 a month (sand can) with housing...

He just texted me, he took the water job. They were fighting over him LMAO!

You ain't going to find work up here sitting at home! Hell, he wasn't even looking for a job! We work together! On edit: used to work together! Lmao! He starts this morning... And moves into his new digs...

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-17-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Rookie

Justruckin,

That's awesome! I'll try and get a hold of them tomorrow. But he has a cdl right? ahaha
Old 03-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
He is at the bar in Fairview MT, already has two job offers. One is hauling water at 26 an hour + ot, 14 hours on 10 off, housing included. The other job is salary, $9000 a month (sand can) with housing...

He just texted me, he took the water job. They were fighting over him LMAO!

You ain't going to find work up here sitting at home! Hell, he wasn't even looking for a job! We work together! On edit: used to work together! Lmao! He starts this morning... And moves into his new digs...
could you pm me the name of the water hauling co and its in montanna, correct?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul couto View Post
could you pm me the name of the water hauling co and its in montanna, correct?
Mongoose Trucking, they are in E Fairview ND, I don't have a number.

On edit: they are owned by an oil company from what I was told by my buddy. Don't ask, I don't know. The camp where the trucks and their housing is, is located just NE of Fairview MT on the ND side. They are on SR58 just North of SR200 on the East side of the road, just North of the oil rail yards. Just letting you know in case you are already physically up here. Odds are there is no listing for these guys. As is usually the case up here.

Mike

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-19-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rugger View Post
Justruckin,

That's awesome! I'll try and get a hold of them tomorrow. But he has a cdl right? ahaha
If you only have a learners permit, you still need to at least get a real hard copy CDL. That is why I suggested Hiland Partners, no CDL required. Most of the guys that run the plant here used to be truck drivers.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Board Regular

I'll post some of these again for you guys that are serious about working in the ND oil patch. Here are some resources and employers.

Home - Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.

Hiland Partners

Badlands PowerFuels - Home : About Us

north dakota transportation jobs classifieds - craigslist

Find a SOS Location! | SOS Staffing

The Shopper, Inc. - Williston, ND - Classifieds, Help Wanted, Real Estate and More!

Put your applications in to the above, and don't worry if you don't think you are qualified, they will train you.

If you are looking to drive a truck, you will need a class A with HazMat, tanker, doubles and triples. If you do not have these endorsements, get them before you arrive up here, or you will just be wasting everyone's time, including yours.

Also, you will need a vehicle up here, their ain't no taxi services, or Sams Club around the corner. Odds are, you will have to drive to work from your housing.

Pay up here is normally every other Friday, very few employers pay weekly. Bring a voided blank check for direct deposit setup along with your SS card and properly endorsed license. And don't even think of coming up here if you cannot pass a p-ss test. They do an instant test, and send out two samples to the lab. If your dirty, it will be found out before you leave the lab. Takes all of two minutes.

To add... Don't worry about the pay, it may or may not be to your liking. The main thing is to get up here and start working. Many companies, if not all, are continually hiring as we have a severe worker shortage up here, under 1% unemployment where I am. I came up a year ago for $20 an hour, I am now making almost double that. If you are a good hand employers will fight over you and offer substantial wages and bennies. You may not land the perfect job right off the bat, but you will never find it either if you are just sitting at home looking for it. You need to be up here!

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-19-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Rookie

I called a guy today who said that if I had a cdl license he would hire me, zero experience, I asked him three times to make sure. The company is Mile High Energy Solutions, they're hiring in North Dakota, Oklahoma and Texas. And they're not just looking for truckers.

He told me about a working on a frack rig job in Texas, 70k, 30 day temp housing.

I have to wait to move to the oil fields until I finish my diesel cert. in May.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rugger View Post
I called a guy today who said that if I had a cdl license he would hire me, zero experience, I asked him three times to make sure. The company is Mile High Energy Solutions, they're hiring in North Dakota, Oklahoma and Texas. And they're not just looking for truckers.

He told me about a working on a frack rig job in Texas, 70k, 30 day temp housing.

I have to wait to move to the oil fields until I finish my diesel cert. in May.
Mile High is the primary recruiter for Baker Hughes. They over hired up here in ND by allot... They cut around 100 guys loose just a few weeks ago, handed them all $1600 and showed them the door.

Hmmm... I would take a shot at it, because they will pay you well for the two week orientation, $23 an hour with OT and two meals a day. Plus, you will get OSHA training and some oil field tickets which will help you if you stay in the patch, be it here or there. Now, if this is BH, make sure you are on frac, if they offer you cement, refuse it, unless you don't mind sitting in a motel room for days on end. With frac you will work in a team setting, hours can easily hit 100+ a week if you are on a good crew. $24x40 + $36x60 = $3120 a week... Not bad eh? I used to work there... And just got one of my buddies that worked there on cement a job at Hiland Partners.

On edit: If this is BH, they more than likely, I can almost guarantee, they will send you to Denver to attend truck driving school. It is called Excell, they have 2-4 man classes and will get you your CDL. I am sure BH is still doing this, just for the fact that some of their equipment trailers cost in the millions of dollars. Ask this recruiter if Excell is still available as part of the Baker Hughes orientation.

Also, look into Sanjel, Frac Tech, Haliburton and Shlumberger, they all run frac operations up here and are always hiring. I have a buddy of mine at Sanjel working in their coil tubing division, might want to look into that (coil tubing) much easier than frac... My buddy really likes it over there, steady work so far and good pay.

If you are really adventurous, check these guys out http://www.toughnecks.com/

It is Precision Drilling, pay starts at $28.50 an hour, time and a half after 40, guaranteed an 84 hour work week. They provide training, housing and meals, two weeks on, one week off rotation. I think I heard they pay your airfare home for your week off, but don't quote me on that. Last I heard, we are planning on punching 300-400 holes this spring, summer and fall up here, so plenty of work on the rigs. We wanted to do the same last year, but the rain and flooding really messed that up, left around 150 holes on the table for this year. It's a friggin zoo up here!

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-20-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM
Rookie

So how much physical work is involved in these driving jobs in North Dakota? I don't mind work, but am getting up in age. I am OTR hazmat tanker driver class A, and I am used to hooking up hoses, and climbing, and stuff. Which job would be up my alley you think?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
So how much physical work is involved in these driving jobs in North Dakota? I don't mind work, but am getting up in age. I am OTR hazmat tanker driver class A, and I am used to hooking up hoses, and climbing, and stuff. Which job would be up my alley you think?
The Mile High jobs are very labor intensive, young mans work, but I did it... I'm 47

Now, driving jobs... Water hauling is easy, 3 and 4 inch hoses with cam locks. Pull them off the side of the truck and hook them up. Most of your time will be spent waiting to load and unload. Hardest part of job is staying awake.

Propane, butane and Y grade is the same, 2 and 3 inch hoses, piece of cake.

Frac sand hauler, or "sand can", sit in cab and hit switch, cant get any easier than that. I know a few guys in their 70's hauling sand up here...

Side and belly dump, sit in cab and hit switch, again, very easy work.

Crude hauler, you may have to climb stairs to strap tanks, tanks are roughly 20 feet tall, stairs, not ladders. Normal sized hoses, nothing weird.

The water hauling jobs are the most plentiful up here, followed by crude... Frac sand and belly dump jobs are a bit harder to obtain, usually they hire guys that are already up here, but not always. Allot of O/O hauling the gravel and sand with other guys trailers. What I tell guys is to take a job to get up here, get a feel for what is happening and go from there. like I said earlier, jobs are plentiful up here, under 1% unemployment in my area. And, we are getting more housing by the day.

Most companies want you to do basic maintenance on trucks, make sure they are greased, replace bulbs, etc. I have worked most driving jobs up here, and am putting on weight, very little if any labor involved other than pulling and lifting empty hoses and lines.

Hope this answers your question... And, hiring season is just starting up here, allot of water, sand and gravel to be moved this year, up to 400 wells scheduled to go in this year, and it takes all of the above equipment to make it all happen.

One note on crude, we have so much of it that we run short on storage, which means that some days the crude haulers will not work. Most of the oil is delivered to tank farms and loaded on rail cars, or is directly injected into existing pipelines. The XL Pipeline that was cancelled really hurt, as the plan was to hook into that line to alleviate our over capacity issues, a million barrels were the first years numbers to pipe to Houston, our Governor up here was p-ssed.

So, we have rail and limited capacity pipelines, and Warren Buffet's BNSF Railway is slow to get the needed rail and tank car assets assembled up here to keep up with our insane production, which has already broke 1 million barrels a year, and climbing. We needed that XL pipeline, plans are now in the works to send our oil to Canada via rail, and then off to China. At least that is the word on the street. A real shame that very few want our own oil to stay here, but we have to send it somewhere.

Last numbers I have heard in regards to our oil reserves up here were 24 billion barrels right under my feet. Some are estimating up to 1 trillion barrels with our current technology. The Bakken Marcellus play is said to go right to the shores of Lake Michigan, dwarfing Saudi Arabia and much of the Middle East, if not all of it entirely.

Mike

Last edited by Justruckin; 03-20-2012 at 09:12 PM.