User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 03:26 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A&R Transport

Hey all! Just wondered if anyone knows anything on AR Transport. Possibly have a chance of getting hired in with them.. Already went through the interview process.. Most of their business is hauling plastic pellets.. Seems like a really good company and sounds like they treat their drivers pretty good. Seems like a real professional company. Your home most weekends but occasionally have to stay out longer.. For the pay and better than average equipment sounds like a good gig.. If anyone knows anything else or if your a former driver I would love to get some personal experiences or extra info on the company.. Thanks all!

Be safe out on that big road!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Board Regular
Default No info, but...

BD,
I don't know about this company, no, but I wish you the best on getting hired on. 38special she'd not heard a "peep" from them, so you're already getting more of a response!
Guess I just wanted to ask that you keep us posted on what happens--some of us are in the market for a new "ride", too!

Jewels

P.S., As "oldtimers" sets in, I may have gotten the other poster twisted. Apologies in advance!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Board Regular
Default A&R..

I have a really good friend that works out of their Rialto, CA. terminal. He likes it, pays .48CPM loaded, .28cpm. empty and $20 to load/unload. Works an occasional Saturday trip for a flat rate (like $100 for a quick trip into Los Angeles). Benefits are OK, equipment is good. He mostly runs Arizona and Nevada, with an occasional trip to Arkansas or Missouri..Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Senior Board Member

The "Pellet" trucks are mainly based in Texas (Corpus Christi, Houston), Baton Rouge LA, Charlotte NC and Parkerburg WV. Cali, IL, MO and OH terminals have both pneumatic trailers and liquid bulk trailers.

A&R does a lot of transloading from rail-car and barge.

The company trucks are mainly light blue, while the O/O trucks run to every color in the book. lot's of Pete's and KW900's. If you were to work out of Corpus, Houston or Baton Rouge.....you can expect to run hot & heavy. Lot's of "out & back". It is not uncommon to see an A&R O/O truck doing 80+.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:11 AM

Talked to as few of their drivers over the years and they call seem happy. All nice top of the line equipment. I tried to get hired with them a while back, but they were not hiring at the time.

Might be interesting to know they just started (I think they just started it anyway) a reefer division. Brand new reefer trailers (looked nice) and new International ProStar's, loaded to the hilt. I was next to one of their drivers at a grocery warehouse in Indy. I looked in his truck and it had very bell and whistle, including an APU. He said he had pulled reefers all his life and A&R was the best company he'd ever worked for. All no-touch and they stood behind their drivers trying to get unloaded fast.

Let us know how it goes. They have a reputation as being picky about who they hire, and their guys stay around a long time because their treated very well.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P A Frederick View Post
Talked to as few of their drivers over the years and they call seem happy. All nice top of the line equipment. I tried to get hired with them a while back, but they were not hiring at the time.

Might be interesting to know they just started (I think they just started it anyway) a reefer division. Brand new reefer trailers (looked nice) and new International ProStar's, loaded to the hilt. I was next to one of their drivers at a grocery warehouse in Indy. I looked in his truck and it had very bell and whistle, including an APU. He said he had pulled reefers all his life and A&R was the best company he'd ever worked for. All no-touch and they stood behind their drivers trying to get unloaded fast.

Let us know how it goes. They have a reputation as being picky about who they hire, and their guys stay around a long time because their treated very well.
A&R has had reefers for about 10 years. There are a lot of chemicals that go into totes, that are temperature sensitive. They do a lot of reefer work for DuPont and Lubrizol. They have been buying more, to cut into KLLM's and Prime's portion of the chemical work. (in my opinion)
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Smile A&R Transport

Hey everyone! Thanks alot for all your comments and feedback. Thanks for the extra info and help.. Good news from A&R I was approved to work for them. My hiring manager got back to me acouple days after my interview to share the news with me.. They really seem like a great bunch of people who really take care of their drivers..

I wasn't aware of A&R Transport having reefers either.. The guy in charge of hiring that I had my interview with was very polite and provided lots of info.. Didn't mention the reefs though.. Thats cool they have more options.. Most of what I would be doin would be the plastic pellets loads he was sayin .. Most of the trailers are vacuum trailers.. He was sayin that they have a fair amount of Canada freight and wasn't sure if I could get home on weekends.. Its stated your supposed to be home most weekends, but yall know how that is.. My thinking is if your gonna stay out or have to stay out alittle longer its nice to be working for a great company making descent money.. Kinda lookin for something with alittle better hometime, but A&R Transport seems like a great company overall and hard to pass on a opportunity like that.. Judging on things I have heard from drivers, equipment, pay,low turnover and great overall company moral.. I have a few other offers that provide home every night hometime, but from what I heard the company is so so.. One is Schilli and the other is a local company. Being doing research on Schilli, some is good and some is bad.. Pretty typical. So I am looking to make a decision here soon.. Just thankful that I have a few options. Once again thanks alot for the info on A&R Trans.. I will update once I make my decision..

Be safe yall out on that big road.!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg85 View Post
Hey everyone! Thanks alot for all your comments and feedback. Thanks for the extra info and help.. Good news from A&R I was approved to work for them. My hiring manager got back to me acouple days after my interview to share the news with me.. They really seem like a great bunch of people who really take care of their drivers..

I wasn't aware of A&R Transport having reefers either.. The guy in charge of hiring that I had my interview with was very polite and provided lots of info.. Didn't mention the reefs though.. Thats cool they have more options.. Most of what I would be doin would be the plastic pellets loads he was sayin .. Most of the trailers are vacuum trailers.. He was sayin that they have a fair amount of Canada freight and wasn't sure if I could get home on weekends.. Its stated your supposed to be home most weekends, but yall know how that is.. My thinking is if your gonna stay out or have to stay out alittle longer its nice to be working for a great company making descent money.. Kinda lookin for something with alittle better hometime, but A&R Transport seems like a great company overall and hard to pass on a opportunity like that.. Judging on things I have heard from drivers, equipment, pay,low turnover and great overall company moral.. I have a few other offers that provide home every night hometime, but from what I heard the company is so so.. One is Schilli and the other is a local company. Being doing research on Schilli, some is good and some is bad.. Pretty typical. So I am looking to make a decision here soon.. Just thankful that I have a few options. Once again thanks alot for the info on A&R Trans.. I will update once I make my decision..

Be safe yall out on that big road.!
Go with A & R...if you don't, that will be the biggest mistake you have ever made in your life.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Do the other 2 companys pay by the hr if they are local?? If they do go with one of them. Cant beat hourly pay.:thumbsup:

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug