User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Dejanh! Hey man thanks for the advice on A&R.. Like I was sayin they really do sound like a really great company.. If I have to be out on the road they would be the kind of company that I would want to work for.. Great to see a low turnover rate.. How do you know about them? Do you work for them or had you or do you just know from other drivers? Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Mackman.. Yea man I hear ya on the hourly pay.. Its nice to get a descent hourly wage.. Most of the time the places you go you have minimal wait time on an hourly wage.. If ya do have to wait at least your gettin paid great for it instead of sitting all day somewhere you dont even want to be sitting for 50 dollars .. Thats insane.. Been there and done that.. If ya have too you have too, but its real nice when ya don't.. With the way the economy has been we should all just be lucky to have, have an opportunity at a new job or hold on to a job.. I was paid hourly in my last job before I got laid off and it was nice.. Home most nights with a great paycheck at the end of the week.. Wasnt the best place to work but the money was great.. It would be nice to find a happy medium if that exists..With whatever opportunity I decide to take I will just be thankful to have the opportunity and do my best. Thanks again for the replies and info guys.

Be safe out there on the big road..
Old 04-10-2010, 03:31 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg85 View Post
Hey Dejanh! Hey man thanks for the advice on A&R.. Like I was sayin they really do sound like a really great company.. If I have to be out on the road they would be the kind of company that I would want to work for.. Great to see a low turnover rate.. How do you know about them? Do you work for them or had you or do you just know from other drivers? Any additional info is greatly appreciated.
I work for another company doing similar things with pneumatic trailers and do come in contact with their drivers. One way you can judge a company is by the way that their drivers look and act. These guys are bunch of professionals and every one of them is very happy with A&R..
I live minutes from their terminal here in NC but i hooked up with another outfit which is also very good so i am not complaining, but given the choices that you have, you need to concider yourself lucky that A&R gave you a shot my friend...
Old 04-11-2010, 05:09 PM

Hey Dejanh! Yes I do feel very blessed that A&R has given me a chance for employment with them. The choices I have listed are not all that I have but out of alot of those companies A&R is definitely the best by far.. The others pay alittle less but your home nearly every night. Tough choice cause there are some other things outside of truckin I am lookin at doin so thats why its a tough decision.. Looking to make my decision soon. Sounds like you have a pretty good gig going for yourself as well.. Thanks for the info on A&R that you know of them.. keep truckin!

Be safe out on the big road yall...
Old 04-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg85 View Post
Hey Dejanh! Yes I do feel very blessed that A&R has given me a chance for employment with them. The choices I have listed are not all that I have but out of alot of those companies A&R is definitely the best by far.. The others pay alittle less but your home nearly every night. Tough choice cause there are some other things outside of truckin I am lookin at doin so thats why its a tough decision.. Looking to make my decision soon. Sounds like you have a pretty good gig going for yourself as well.. Thanks for the info on A&R that you know of them.. keep truckin!

Be safe out on the big road yall...
go with the jobs where your home nearly every night, you'll be glad later.:clap:
Old 04-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
AR is a good company. You will not go wrong with them, i guarantee you that !
i wonder how critical there are about being able to go into canada, or can you just stay in the lower 48?:thumbsup:
Old 04-25-2010, 10:20 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1catfish View Post
i wonder how critical there are about being able to go into canada, or can you just stay in the lower 48?:thumbsup:
I go to Canada often and see them up there all the time.

Companies like that dont ask you where you want to go, they just tell you and you do it...
Old 04-25-2010, 11:55 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh View Post
I go to Canada often and see them up there all the time.

Companies like that dont ask you where you want to go, they just tell you and you do it...
nah,, don't think so.:hellno:
Old 02-04-2011, 03:44 AM
crb
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm wondering if anybody has current info on A&R, wife wants to start a family next year so she will be getting off the truck. We live close to their Cleveland Ohio terminal. Anybody know what they run out of the Cleveland terminal, what I'm really interested in knowing is typical runs or hometinr for drivers out of the Cleveland terminal.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb View Post
I'm wondering if anybody has current info on A&R, wife wants to start a family next year so she will be getting off the truck. We live close to their Cleveland Ohio terminal. Anybody know what they run out of the Cleveland terminal, what I'm really interested in knowing is typical runs or hometinr for drivers out of the Cleveland terminal.
No idea, but I hauled a few loads for them out of their Joliet, IL terminal and it was plastic pellets and they all went local. I know they do some OTR stuff too, but the guy here in town that runs for them has a brand new Pete w/tri-pac and is home on weekends, so it can't be too bad.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:34 PM
crb

When my wife gets off the truck we want to start a family, and I want a home life. We currently run LTL I could probably stay here as a solo but I'm pretty low on the board. I only plan on driving between 2-5 yrs when she gets off the truck, unless I land a local gig. I'm picky about companies, so I am starting my search early. I'm also a little OCD so I need multiple options, just in case plan A doesn't work. Thanks for the reply!