User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2009, 02:06 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How about Barr-Nunn

Does anyone know anything about Barr-Nunn? Are they a descent company to drive for?
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 AM

Don't hear much about them, here are a few forums about them.

Don't walk, "Run From This Company." - Truckers' Trucking Forum | Message Board | Discussion

BarrNunn Be warned!!! - Truckers' Trucking Forum | Message Board | Discussion

need info on barr-nunn - Truckers' Trucking Forum | Message Board | Discussion
Old 08-17-2009, 05:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Talked, at length, to a driver in Oxford, NC. He didn't get home much but he didnt care about that. He was very happy with them. Said they treated him well, kept him moving and didn't lie to him. Also, he made decent money.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I have checked into Barr-Nunn several times over the years. I just never got a good enough feeling to give them a try. They are probably no better /no worse than any other company. The company and the driver have to fit well together. One driver will like it, another won't. I knew that Barr-Nunn and myself would probably not fit well together based on the responses to questions that I asked them. I tend to be pretty picky and want to know just about everything there is to know about a company before I commit. If they won't let me know who their primary customers are, then bye-bye. If they won't tell me primary lanes, bye-bye. I research any company as much as they research me and I can get a good feel about how they do things. I never just talk with the recruiter.

I spent 4 months calling on average 3 times a week and asking questions of my present carrier before finally commiting. They had no problem answering any question and referred me to any department I wanted to talk with. After all that, I commited. One of the best moves I ever made. Not perfect, just one of the best. It is a nice fit. We have the same mindset on how to get the job done. I work well with my "travel agent" and she knows how I work and where I want to run and gets me home every weekend. Likewise, I will pull her rear end out of the fire when she needs me to. It is a good team effort. Never met her before coming over here, but asked a lot of questions about her style and experience before I even came on board (she grew up around trucks, her dad is a O/O here and she has been doing operations/dispatch for 20 years). I didn't arrive at this outfit blind. Orientation was just a formality, since I knew all that was important about this company before showing up. Guess that kind of research pays off. I have averaged almost 9 years with each company I have been with. Only left one because of conflicts. One sold (my last carrier). The other, I had to relocate due to family issues and had to leave the company (they were in Alaska). Been with my present carrier for almost 2 years and have no desire to move on.

Last edited by Copperhead; 08-20-2009 at 11:49 PM.