User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default where are the jobs in buffalo,ny

I started with gainey in july 06, went to wh transportation that october and stayed til march. I got bored running the Indiana Ohio toll road constantly so I fell for the lies at Covenant which lasted 2 weeks. I then decided to be a lease driver for Melton, good company bad decision to lease, when the miles got thin my pay disappeared. Found JR Schugel, great company but the wife got sick so I found a local company and my dreams came true. 3000 miles a week and I was home at least 3 nights a week. Now here I sit, the registration hasnt come in for my truck from NYS DMV. Its been 4 weeks and unemployment doesnt cover all the bills and expenses. 5 companies in 2 years, no matter how you present it, doesnt look good. Long story short, do I have to go to Swift,Werner,Schneider...to drive again? JR Schugel isnt hiring out of Buffalo and Melton is only offering 1500 miles a week. Im starting to get antsy sitting here.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Board Regular

Just curious, what happened with your "dream job"? There seems to be quite a few Swift drivers that frequent this message board and they probably feel blessed to be employed in these troubling times. I don't live anywhere near Buffalo NY, so hopefully you can pardon me for being of very little assistance to you. Anyway, maybe somebody else will come along and lend a hand. Wish you the best of luck though.:thumbsup:

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Rookie

I drive for an O/O and he is having problems getting the registration updated for my truck. He has been a good boss and Im trying to be patient but the sun is out and Im really sick of looking at Buffalo everyday. Perhaps I will just wait this out seeing that in the long run if will be better for me to stay in one place instead of bouncing around. With my employment record of 5 OTR jobs in 2 years it limits my choices. Being a native New Yorker I understand things move slow when dealing with NTS DMV but I would consider moving on if another good job came thru.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Board Regular

Personally, I'd have to say sit tight where you are, if all you are doing is waiting for registration. Now if the problem is the owner not coming up with the money, then things would be different, but that doesn't sound like the case.

With your list of jobs you wouldn't be helping yourself out by jumping ship again. Heck if you did jump, would you be able to make ends meet if you had to work for a company like Werner or Swift? Being that I drive locally, I'm no expert on otr driving, but seems like those "starter" companies aren't exactly busy.