User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ptl trucking or premiere transport

i like to know which of these 2 companies is better i dont know much about either one
Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Rookie

ptl trucking? I havent heard of them. You are not referring to Pashall Truck Lines in Murray KY are you?
Old 09-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Rookie

yes im referring to them
Old 09-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Rookie

I dont know anything about Premiere but PTL is a decent company. They are strict when it comes to logs and safety. You will probably max about 2500 miles a week on average. The majority of the runs are east of the rockies but every now and then if you are lucky you will go to California. Unless something has changed, you will not go to the Northwest. You have the option not to go to the Northeast but their Northeast consist of New York City and a small surrounding area. So if you go with them, get ready for New Jersey and Pennsylvania. All of the trucks are Automatics and the fleet consist of Freightliner Columbias and International 9400 series trucks. The trailer fleet is fairly new but not well taken care of. They dont have enough terminals across the US to service them on a regular basis. They have many drivers that have been there for many years. I talked to one guy who has left the company twice and came back each time because of the people. He said they are best group of people to work with out of all of the companies he has worked for. Pay is low and it doesnt matter how much experience you have. When your out runnin, they will keep you out about a month and then a couple days home all depending on where you live of course. Hope this helps with your search.