User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Not meaning to hijack the thread. But, I have been thinking about trying out Praxair for a few simple reasons. It's so close to home I can walk to work. I am currently commuting an hour to work. And from what I have heard the pay is awesome. I have been driving for 3 years and do have all endorsements. But. I do not have any tanker or hazmat experience. Will they still consider me? Also, at least in my area I noticed they have both their own drivers plus have drivers hired through Ryder running loads for them. So, any input you can give me would help. Thanks.

To add, and I have a clean driving record. I am 35 and haven't had a ticket since I was 18. (knocks on wood)
Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwheeler
Not meaning to hijack the thread. But, I have been thinking about trying out Praxair for a few simple reasons. It's so close to home I can walk to work. I am currently commuting an hour to work. And from what I have heard the pay is awesome. I have been driving for 3 years and do have all endorsements. But. I do not have any tanker or hazmat experience. Will they still consider me? Also, at least in my area I noticed they have both their own drivers plus have drivers hired through Ryder running loads for them. So, any input you can give me would help. Thanks.

To add, and I have a clean driving record. I am 35 and haven't had a ticket since I was 18. (knocks on wood)
Until you sit down with them and talk, you will never really know if they will train you...but..I would say yes. You don't have any nasty "Haz-Mat" habits to drag behind you...which most companies like.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:13 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Im actually am done with Yellow and have moved onto Praxair Inc. Home everyday and off weekends with hourly pay and time and a half after 8 . I'm very happy so far , a lot of paperwork and guidelines and won't be solo for at least another month with all the training but so far I really like it thus far . Any questions I will be happy to answer .
What kind of scratch are we talking about a Praxair DY. I drive by their Speedway terminal everyday?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Air Liquide

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun
Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.
Shaun, are they out of New Jersey. I see the BOC gases guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:16 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Any other AL drivers here? I just started with the company about 3 weeks ago and am extremely happy with the company. This will definitely be the company I retire from.
Shaun, are they out of New Jersey. I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Shaun, are they out of New Jersey? I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
Shaun, are they out of New Jersey? I see the BOC gases (Indy) guys with tractors labeled with Air Liquide or some close to that?
BOC was bought up by Linde Corp...same stuff as Prax Air and Air Liquide.

http://www.us.lindegas.com/internati...alias/Homepage
Old 08-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
Quote:
BOC was bought up by Linde Corp...same stuff as Prax Air and Air Liquide.

http://www.us.lindegas.com/internati...alias/Homepage
So what's your take on the whole situation with Linde/BOC, I run diesel in to the Indy terminal and just happen to know the driver manager............
Old 08-18-2008, 09:33 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordwheeler

I just started with Praxair around 2 weeks ago after leaving Yellow because I got sick of the inconsistentcy . They seem very safety oriented thus far and the pay is excellent . You will need hamat and tanker to be considered , so you may want to get those endorsements . I'm a cylinder driver which includes lots of the physical work going to hospitals and factories but also very rewarding . The bulk division is much less physical but the hours are lousy . Anything other questions let me know .
Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Board Regular

I work for Linde/BOC out of the Sacramento plant. So far, so good. Easy work, pretty safety oriented, moneys fine, just not crazy about working weekends. Although you do have two days off in a row. The company is all Linde now, they are in the process of re-painting all the trailers. Hope you like 55mph, because we run the XATA on board computer system. I should have added I do the bulk cryogenic side (Lox, Ln2 and argon plus hydrogen, gas and liquid). But they are nice people for the most part. Most cryogenic companies WILL train as long as you have a few years exp. and a tank/haz-mat endorsement and a good record.