Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
How can you have a valid poll without CR England on the list or is that just a given???
I second that! I'd add all of the ones that have shut their doors in the last 1.5 years, too.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
Yeah, Werner, JB Hunt, CR England, Covenant, and Crete should be in the running as well!:thumbsdown:
Is Crete really in the same league as the others you just named? What about US Xpress? They are about on the same level as the others, no? I've never worked for any of them...so I am just going by word of mouth.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Senior Board Member

How did you manage to add Jim Palmer to the list? Just curious, since they are relatively small and obscure Montana company.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:59 AM
Board Regular

Just wondering why a 5 year old post was dug up:flame:

I know some site have rules about "grave-digging," not a bad idea if you ask me. I can see a few months, but 5 YEARS. :thumbsdown:

The penalties usually range from warnings for the occasional accident to perm bans for habitual offenders.

It isn't that hard to start a new thread.

Last edited by CaliTrucker; 03-19-2009 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrucker View Post
Just wondering why a 5 year old post was dug up:flame:

I know some site have rules about "grave-digging," not a bad idea if you ask me. I can see a few months, but 5 YEARS. :thumbsdown:

The penalties usually range from warnings for the occasional accident to perm bans for habitual offenders.

It isn't that hard to start a new thread.
Good point! I wouldn't have replied had I known or I guess you could say "paying attention"
Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Board Member
Thumbs down

Royal express add this crappy company to the list !
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Rookie
Default Better yet, which are the BEST to work for?

Hello,
Not worked for any on the list, seems we can all tell a "Horror Story" or three on just about any Company. I could add Butler Transport in Kansas City Kansas as worked there a month and had to quit. All the usual reasons, just know STAY AWAY from them. Ran 3100 miles one week and my take home was $56.00, never did get that right.

But "Banging on" the big outfits needs balanced by the drivers here who loved working for them. Crete for instance as had a very good friend @ Roadway who drove for them for years and this Guy is a great driver and individual. He came to Roadway for the Union to fill out a pension and just like me got laid off because of the merger w/Yellow Freight. But his years at Crete were great he said, made very good money and no problems with them at all.

We need to hear the horror, but it needs balanced by the folks who have good to say about an outfit,,,if thats possible anyway. These times are a changing folks, things are going to go downhill fast now that all the Union outfits are going out of business. And for those of you who hate the unions,,,,,ask WHO is it that pays the best with great benefits???? If it wasnt for Union carriers making 57 CPM, 22.00 an hour for line 4 and great insurance, how much do you think the NON Union Carriers would be paying you if there wasnt any "Standard" of excellent wages and benefits along with being able to run perfectly legal and protection behind the driver for his job after an accident.

Just my two cents worth is all, but been around this business since 1973 so have a bit of experience in it to speak from. At all levels to, from mechanic to driver to management.

Do your research, ask questions everywhere and go with your best instincts in looking for a job. Many times problems can be handled, sometimes not. All outfits have them tho, no perfect company exists. Had my choice, still be at Roadway happy as if had good sense driving their old trucks, 62 mph down the road getting passed by everyone except at the bank. Made 49 K last year driving 79,000 miles with every second on line 4 paid for at $21.06 and ran every mile legal.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerPFudd View Post
Hello,
Not worked for any on the list, seems we can all tell a "Horror Story" or three on just about any Company. I could add Butler Transport in Kansas City Kansas as worked there a month and had to quit. All the usual reasons, just know STAY AWAY from them. Ran 3100 miles one week and my take home was $56.00, never did get that right.

But "Banging on" the big outfits needs balanced by the drivers here who loved working for them. Crete for instance as had a very good friend @ Roadway who drove for them for years and this Guy is a great driver and individual. He came to Roadway for the Union to fill out a pension and just like me got laid off because of the merger w/Yellow Freight. But his years at Crete were great he said, made very good money and no problems with them at all.

We need to hear the horror, but it needs balanced by the folks who have good to say about an outfit,,,if thats possible anyway. These times are a changing folks, things are going to go downhill fast now that all the Union outfits are going out of business. And for those of you who hate the unions,,,,,ask WHO is it that pays the best with great benefits???? If it wasnt for Union carriers making 57 CPM, 22.00 an hour for line 4 and great insurance, how much do you think the NON Union Carriers would be paying you if there wasnt any "Standard" of excellent wages and benefits along with being able to run perfectly legal and protection behind the driver for his job after an accident.

Just my two cents worth is all, but been around this business since 1973 so have a bit of experience in it to speak from. At all levels to, from mechanic to driver to management.

Do your research, ask questions everywhere and go with your best instincts in looking for a job. Many times problems can be handled, sometimes not. All outfits have them tho, no perfect company exists. Had my choice, still be at Roadway happy as if had good sense driving their old trucks, 62 mph down the road getting passed by everyone except at the bank. Made 49 K last year driving 79,000 miles with every second on line 4 paid for at $21.06 and ran every mile legal.

A very good insightful post. :thumbsup:
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerPFudd View Post
Hello,

This thread is titled "The Worst Trucking Companies To Work For". Not which company is the greastest and pays the most. Nobody said Roadway/Yellow sucks.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Board Icon