User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 04:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CRST?

what do you think about me going there? (for most that have read my other post in here)?
Do you think it would be good to start off there to get expierence

I was gonna go with schneider but there crazy they want me to drive 3hrs in my own car and by my own fuel to get to orientation. CRST said they will train me and a refresher course ..now i know i have to pay for there schooling, how much would that cost? and i know its 8 months of commitment..any suggestions?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: CRST?

Quote:
Originally Posted by russwasherejr
what do you think about me going there? (for most that have read my other post in here)?
Do you think it would be good to start off there to get expierence

I was gonna go with schneider but there crazy they want me to drive 3hrs in my own car and by my own fuel to get to orientation. CRST said they will train me and a refresher course ..now i know i have to pay for there schooling, how much would that cost? and i know its 8 months of commitment..any suggestions?
Good Lord you're a cry baby. :roll: Schneider probably wouldn't accept you because your driving record. From reading these forums for nearly a year, I'd walk on nails across the midwest at my own expense to train with Schneider that go with CRST (Crusty).

My suggestion to you:

Don't get into this line of work... yet. Wait a few years, mature a little, then make the decision.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Rookie

cry baby? well seein that gas is 4 a gallon you'd have to be pretty dumb to drive 3 hours away in your own personal vehicle, its not being a cry baby its being smart, i dont have a job as it is, im not going to put 100+ into gas to get there.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Rookie

Have you talked to CRST, did they say it would be out of your pocket expense for a refresher course or would you just have to make a 1 year commitment to them? Can't blame you abt the not wanting to pay for gas especially if you can't afford that type of expense right now for what ever reason.

Go with a company that best suits your needs, mileage, benefits, hometime, etc. Every company out there has their faults, their is no perfect company.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Rookie

well i got hired today for a local job (that my buddy) works for..got myself into the door..its southern pines, they pay $80 a day for oreintation which lasts 4 days..then i start working after that and they pay for all
Old 05-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Did you get them to have a company driver take you back and forth to orientation too??

Hopefully, you've worked your rust out since last time...
Dont wanna have a new thread about how horrible Southern Pines is for not retraining you how to drive...

Good luck. And remember, nobody owes you nothing. You must be able to prove yourself.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Rookie

no sir, i start orientation next tuesday. and its like a hr away from me so ill just drive..cus i stay there for 4 days..on the other note, i did alot better on my actual road test, the semi had a electric transmission. the boss is so nice, i was less stressed when driving. i think i really like this company alot..plus 80 a day for orientation, cant get no better then that..

Im finally happy.

and if i happen to fail its okay because i dont expect everything with them i just never knew how the truckin biz worked u gotta understand im brand new to it..now im startin to understand...today when i took the road test and gave me a drive to excel the best that i could and i did great, thanks for all the feedback and support guys, i really do appreciate it. i'll keep u updated on how things goes.