User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Delallos food

Anyone have any info on Delallos? They're a nationwide distributor of Italian foods from the Greensburg/Jeannette, PA area.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Do you like NY city, long island, NJ? They do! I run into them every week in NJ. BS with a few on my way out east also. Every one of them have nothing but good things to say about the company, pay, hometime. Seems they run both local and OTR in the same week. Out and back. If I lived closer to them, I would apply too.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Senior Board Member

Double R,

If I apply, which I think I'm going to, I'm gonna apply for local. Do run into day cabs in NYC, long Island etc, or is it the OTR guys with the sleepers on the trucks?
I'm really close to them, my dad grew up with Fran (the owner), and they actually let me use one of their trailers to take my cdl test with, so I'm sure I would have no problem getting in, but I would REALLY hate to venture into NYC....
Since I see we are neighbors, do you have any suggestions for a local gig around the Pittsburgh/Greensburg area?

Adapt and overcome.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbpard
Double R,

If I apply, which I think I'm going to, I'm gonna apply for local. Do run into day cabs in NYC, long Island etc, or is it the OTR guys with the sleepers on the trucks?
I'm really close to them, my dad grew up with Fran (the owner), and they actually let me use one of their trailers to take my cdl test with, so I'm sure I would have no problem getting in, but I would REALLY hate to venture into NYC....
Since I see we are neighbors, do you have any suggestions for a local gig around the Pittsburgh/Greensburg area?
They run day cabs local only. Sleepers go out to NYC and NJ. Most is to foodservice and grocery warehouses for the road. Local would be grocery stores(ran into them alot when I ran local with the compnay I am with).

As for gigs in the area, try Shuster(sp) lumber. Heard they are decent. Not sure what you think about foodservice but there are some up your way.(US Foodservice, Reinhert). Allied out on route 30 in Irwin.(where I got my start at thier commercial division in PGH) is pretty good also.

If I think of anymore I'll let you know.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 06-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

So what your saying is (what I was originally asking), is the guys you see in NYC ARE the OTR guys, correct?

If so, then I would assume i dont have to worry about that if I apply for local.

I talked to a couple Shuster drivers. They say the starting pay is around $13.50/hr and you gotta carry everything to the back of the trailer once you get to your stop, which sucks, because they dont pay you for it. I got 2 friends that load the trucks there, and they say some of those doors/windows are heavy.

I think US Foodservice requires 2 years exp. I got a year. I guess I should've already said that.
I looked at the allied website, said you must own your own truck??

Adapt and overcome.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I looked at the allied website, said you must own your own truck??
If you apply through Allied's site, yes. If you apply at a local agent, then no. You would work for the agent and drive their equipment.

Since you have only a year exp. that rules out applying where I work, we require 2 years. I would stick with Delleo, never heard one driver complain yet, even the road guys seem . I thought about it myself but with the price of gas, it would be to far of a drive for me.

If I think of any more, I'll let you know, on vaction this week .

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 04-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
So what your saying is (what I was originally asking), I talked to a couple Shuster drivers. They say the starting pay is around $13.50/hr and you gotta carry everything to the back of the trailer once you get to your stop, which sucks, because they dont pay you for it. I got 2 friends that load the trucks there, and they say some of those doors/windows are heavy.
Wow, I searched the company I worked for but certainly didn't expect to find anything!

I've been with Shuster's Building Components for a little over 4 years.
I started at $14 hr and was at $17.25 at 2 years, currently over $18. O/T is paid over 40 hrs and we usually work a 4 day week with one or two 2 days runs. Real weekends, home Friday, leave Monday. Even with the building market in the toilet, I'm still getting 4-8 hours o/t each week.

I'm not sure why my co-workers would say they don't get paid for unloading-They're on the clock!, from pre-trip to fueling and post-trip, it's all paid. If the freight is too heavy you either drag it to the back or wait for help-customers are more than willing to jump in and lend a hand. I worked the dock for a week when I started here and have also had a taste of food service. I don't work nearly as hard as either one of those jobs require.

Anywho, you probably found a job by now and we're not hiring at the moment, I was just surprized that a company with only 20 +- drivers could have conflicting info just like the big boys!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:43 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boll Weevil
Quote:
So what your saying is (what I was originally asking), I talked to a couple Shuster drivers. They say the starting pay is around $13.50/hr and you gotta carry everything to the back of the trailer once you get to your stop, which sucks, because they dont pay you for it. I got 2 friends that load the trucks there, and they say some of those doors/windows are heavy.
Wow, I searched the company I worked for but certainly didn't expect to find anything!

I've been with Shuster's Building Components for a little over 4 years.
I started at $14 hr and was at $17.25 at 2 years, currently over $18. O/T is paid over 40 hrs and we usually work a 4 day week with one or two 2 days runs. Real weekends, home Friday, leave Monday. Even with the building market in the toilet, I'm still getting 4-8 hours o/t each week.

I'm not sure why my co-workers would say they don't get paid for unloading-They're on the clock!, from pre-trip to fueling and post-trip, it's all paid. If the freight is too heavy you either drag it to the back or wait for help-customers are more than willing to jump in and lend a hand. I worked the dock for a week when I started here and have also had a taste of food service. I don't work nearly as hard as either one of those jobs require.

Anywho, you probably found a job by now and we're not hiring at the moment, I was just surprized that a company with only 20 +- drivers could have conflicting info just like the big boys!
Why does this poster sound so familiar :wink: , HMMMMMM

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member