User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is Conway Truckload a good company these days to Drive for?

Just want to know if anyone likes Conway Truckload CFI?
Anyone got any stories?Good or Bad?
Old 04-24-2008, 01:08 AM

I just signed on with them. I am headed in this weekend. I'll keep you updated. I like what they have to say. I was a little worried about Conway taking over but from what I have heard everything seems to be going ok. I guess tomorrow I should be getting my bus ticket and they have been helpful answering questions.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 AM
Rookie

Ok I appreciate it,I was thinking about going to jacksonville,fl for orientation but Im a bit reluctant.They are calling me for this weekend but Im not sure yet.
Where are you going to for orientation?
Let us know how it goes.
Im a bit on the fence about them but I am 70% no + 30% yes. but,Good Luck,Driver.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Rookie

The reason being that I read something on them on rip off report.
Just type in "CFI" into the search of the rip off report site and see for yourself.
I guess one cant beleive everything one reads in these reports but its something to check out as far as any company as far as Im concerned.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Senior Board Member

No way dude. I believe 100% of what I read on the internet, even when it makes no sense whatsoever.

Further to that, I believed the new guy who told me that 1,000 CFI drivers quit a few months ago and another 800 had given notice. And I believed the other guy who told me I would be losing $150 a week once we went to 65mph, because he did the math. That part was pretty good. I believe it all. That way I'm always pleasantly surprised when nothing really changes.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)
Old 04-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Rookie

Yeah I hear you.
Who can one really believe with all these company ass kissers out here defending the OTR companies they pull for.
Gee I work for JB Hunt and they are the greatest company in the whole world to work for.I heard their ads on sirius radio quite a few times.Really I did!Idid!Im gona make $70.000 a years with them or CFI for that mater aswell!
Maybe Ill agree with them too.Why not, right?
Old 04-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

I left CFI after 7+ years with them....for entirely personal reasons....nothing that the company had done...and I never had any problems with them that amounted to anything. Are they "perfect".....no, but they were far better than any other box company I drove for. I left just before Conway bought them....but Vito is there, and I know him....so his word is good. He doesn't pull his punches when he says something..... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:53 AM
Senior Board Member

That's just the thing. It's hard to take what anyone says all that seriously. Ask me right now what it's like to work at Con-way Truckload and here's my answer: They got me home right on time, following a few months of kick-ass miles. After a couple weeks at home, I caught an extra day off today when I got dispatched to pick up tomorrow morning and run to Nogales (2,262 miles total for a pay week spent mostly at home). When I stopped by the yard to get settled in tonight, the dispatcher gave me an afternoon pickup so I get one more night of leisure time. I can sleep late tomorrow, head for my pickup, and take it from there. My pay for the week won't be too bad, so all is right with the world. Right now, Con-way Truckload is pretty damn awesome.

Ask me some other time and the answer is likely to be quite different. That blog linked at the bottom of this post contains stories about plenty of times when I think I would be better off working for a bunch of trained monkeys. It's really never 100% one or the other, so anyone who suggests otherwise is full of... well you know.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoCorleone99
That's just the thing. It's hard to take what anyone says all that seriously. Ask me right now what it's like to work at Con-way Truckload and here's my answer: They got me home right on time, following a few months of kick-ass miles. After a couple weeks at home, I caught an extra day off today when I got dispatched to pick up tomorrow morning and run to Nogales (2,262 miles total for a pay week spent mostly at home). When I stopped by the yard to get settled in tonight, the dispatcher gave me an afternoon pickup so I get one more night of leisure time. I can sleep late tomorrow, head for my pickup, and take it from there. My pay for the week won't be too bad, so all is right with the world. Right now, Con-way Truckload is pretty damn awesome.

Ask me some other time and the answer is likely to be quite different. That blog linked at the bottom of this post contains stories about plenty of times when I think I would be better off working for a bunch of trained monkeys. It's really never 100% one or the other, so anyone who suggests otherwise is full of... well you know.
Really now...when corporate management is nothing but a bunch of kids fresh out of school (never driven a truck)...aren't they "Trained Monkeys"????
Old 04-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Really now...when corporate management is nothing but a bunch of kids fresh out of school (never driven a truck)...aren't they "Trained Monkeys"????
Well, these guys claim that most of our management group consists of former drivers. I suppose that's open to interpretation. The dude that goes to CDL school and then jumps off his trainer's truck after three days is also a 'former driver.' My fleet manager keeps me moving and leaves me the hell alone for the most part, so I guess he's okay (even if he won't be invited to MENSA any time soon). I've heard some stories about some of the other operations people, but there we go again with the stories...