User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just looked at Poly trucking and they pay hub miles! Too bad Im a newbie. Although in 13 months I wont be
Old 02-29-2008, 12:07 AM

I do not recall ever hearing anything bad about my company Superior Carriers. They know how to treat their drivers.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 AM

It all depends where you come from. After I was sick and tired of OTR and ready to quit trucking all together, I send ONE Resume to a local trucking company, home every day. I got offered linehaul, night from MO-FRI. Best job I ever had. But all the guys working here are disgusted what a BAD company we work for. They complain about the tiniest things. They NEVER parked at a shipper for 6 or 10 hours without pay. They dont know bad truckstop food and showers. I could go on but you get the point. They just dont understand how I can come to work smiling, even after 7 months in this job. Well, thats what 3 years OTR did to me. It took 3 years to see, the big OTR companies are pretty much all the SAME. IF you dont like the one you drive for, look for something else jobwise. It most likely will be the SAME in the next company when you switch, after you lost benefits and pay.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehotte
They NEVER parked at a shipper for 6 or 10 hours without pay. They dont know bad truckstop food and showers. I could go on but you get the point. They just dont understand how I can come to work smiling, even after 7 months in this job. Well, thats what 3 years OTR did to me. It took 3 years to see, the big OTR companies are pretty much all the SAME. IF you dont like the one you drive for, look for something else jobwise. It most likely will be the SAME in the next company when you switch, after you lost benefits and pay.
That about sums it up to a 'T'.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
I have hired both UPS drivers and Walmart drivers when I was hiring for JB. They werent happy there. You will find unhappy drivers and happy drivers at all companies.
Ive said this before, but I will repeat it again. In all the years recruiting and talking to 1000s of 1000s of drivers about their employers, the company Ive talked to the most happy drivers at was Swift. Of course they are the largest....but they have A LOT of happy drivers there. Also they get the most complaints
And let me guess, you just happen to be recruiting for....Swift.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Board Regular

Yeah. he used to be a recruiter for JB but now he recruits for a couple different companies, one of them is Swift however. As long as I've been on CAD the sheep man has always been honest and knowledge about the things he says. He is not going to BS somebody. Sure a couple of the people he has recruited were unhappy when they got their but thats the case in any job transfer in the world. The grass always seems greener on the other side.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I have hired both UPS drivers and Walmart drivers when I was hiring for JB. They werent happy there. You will find unhappy drivers and happy drivers at all companies.
Ive said this before, but I will repeat it again. In all the years recruiting and talking to 1000s of 1000s of drivers about their employers, the company Ive talked to the most happy drivers at was Swift. Of course they are the largest....but they have A LOT of happy drivers there. Also they get the most complaints
yeah, I once knew a kindergarten teacher--- she always said she enjoyed working with the little one's the most--- they were always the happiest and easiest to deal with.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

yeah...it's funny I find this tread tonight.. this afternoon I was standing around(in shower line) waiting for a shower and started talking to this Willis Shaw driver-- we were both waiting there for 45minutes for a shower. And
he said he was unhappy-- only getting 2000 miles a week at .32 cpm. And only making $600.00 a week.
I was getting a little discouraged myself as I have better things to do with my
TIME than stand around WAITING....then it occured to me....If I wasn't driving a truck.....I could be HOME taking my shower....and if I wasn't DRIVING a truck-- I wouldn't be on a 2100 mile load that doesn't final out until Saturday-- thus depriving me of a REGULAR pay check.( Saturday is 1day past Payroll cutoff)

So! Just how valuable is a WEEK'S WORTH OF LIFE?

Drivers would be much happier IF companies would GUARENTEE some amount of money for a full weeks worth of putting up with ALL the CRAP.

Instead of just taking advantage of all the FREE LABOR and extra duty work we put in---and is expected of us as Professionals.
I mean we are not only drivers, but Security Guards, Load Babysitters, Actual Babysitters(Driver Trainers), part time mechanics, we're expected to help load/unload, make phone calls to customers(like O/O), and pull cash out of our own pocket(sometimes) to finance this Operation. And when there's no freight.....we're expected to just set quietly and starve while the company waits for the phone to ring. Or to find just that load that
pays .10cents more per mile.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTrkr
Quote:
And let me guess, you just happen to be recruiting for....Swift.
Yes, I recruit for swift as well as now about 17 other companies. We just picked up a bunch of new ones today. I have no problem recruiting for Swift at all. In fact I couldnt be more happy working with them. I find the people in the corporate office very friendly, professional and Swift is very easy to hire for. Here is what I love about Swift. They take new drivers, they train well...they will take a driver who has been out of a truck for a long time. I have an endless supply of drivers who want to drive for them. They pay me a really big commission and the most important thing. Swift actually looks really good on a driver resume. When the driver gets a little experience and wants to change jobs, it will be really easy for me to find him another job with that on his resume.
As far as me saying "Ive heard more happy drivers at swift than any other company" If you think I was saying that just to recruit. If you want to take the time to go back through my posts, you will see that I have said it many times, back when I wasnt recruiting for them and working for their competition, JB.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:21 AM

Everyone loves to complain about something; I like running for the company I drive for, but it's also one of the ones that regularly gets complained about on this board, so hey, whatever works for you.