User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default a question about that 'hiring area'

Some of you may remember me.......... while most of you will not [I'm the one who made it all the way cross country twice before I felt my trainer was simply too hard on me because I was ........ in his words "just too much of a girly girl"] and got stupid & quit. Many of you warned me I was 'messin' up' and while I'm here let me say all of you were correct I was messin' up large. I can't get a job driving nothing.

Now, back to the 'hiring area', when a company is running a driver in all 48 states why is there a hiring area?

Thanks,

bamamom
Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: a question about that 'hiring area'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMom
Some of you may remember me.......... while most of you will not [I'm the one who made it all the way cross country twice before I felt my trainer was simply too hard on me because I was ........ in his words "just too much of a girly girl"] and got stupid & quit. Many of you warned me I was 'messin' up' and while I'm here let me say all of you were correct I was messin' up large. I can't get a job driving nothing.

Now, back to the 'hiring area', when a company is running a driver in all 48 states why is there a hiring area
It's usually related to home time. If you live somewhere that they don't regularly haul freight, you either (a) burn too much fuel going home and returning to work or (b) end up quitting because it takes them too long to get you home.

(The preceding statement has not been evaluated by the FCC.)