User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 01:56 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ok

I see again the dreded "IF" word. :roll: Of course it is the drivers fault again and not others. Crete is infallible right? There is no bashing of Crete going on here. It is a Mega Carrier and a driver is just that to them.

It happened but the difference is I am gonna be honest with what I say so that potential recruits will not be lied to. A recruiting bonus is great but honesty is more important.

I sat for 4 days and about 7 other drivers did to except two who sat for 5 days. No sit pay either as there was no freight.

Ask the Ottawa, Il manager if at least one of her drivers sat a long time and even if she sent that driver a message saying no pay for sitting as it "was not company policy to pay if there is no freight to dispatch".

Also got a message that asked me to get my idle down or disclipinary action may be forthcoming. I went through my logs and found a few more days where I sat because dispatch told me that no freight and to check in the next morning. I sent her the days sitting and let her know that sitting that much will result in a large idle but never heard back.

I will say again that CRETE is a large mega Carrier. They pay better than most others and even many times one will get a choice. Overall they leave you alone as we do not have Driver Managers here but just Clueless dispatchers who can in no way help anyone out with anything so one needs to have experience to do well here. Most of the time there is no prob getting home but YOU will have to stay on top and refuse a load as it will send you away from home and not to it. It is a battle sometimes but you will get home just do not make firm plans ever.

I will come back and repeat these things if need be. Anyone got questions about Crete then feel free to contact me and I will be honest and tell the truth.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't know witch Crete some of you are talking about ops: It's not the one I work for! I almost always had as many miles as I wanted and got home when I wanted(mostly) It seems that they kept me east of the plains and would ask for home time 2-3 weeks. But could it be where your based at? I'm out of Macungie (sp?) PA. and have only been to Wilmer twice and Linc. once.
I did start as a driver with no recent exp. $500. a week training,for 3(?)wk
then .40 cpm. Then after aprox 6 months got bumped to .41

And this is the best part!! got a msg to call F/M seems the had an opening on a dedicated fleet just 6 miles from my home!
596 mi found trip . I leave house with trl 1/2 full of wheeled carts drive to shipper drop/hook then drive back and I pull the carts off. Home everyday and weekends and I will stll be making over $50,000
I"M HAPPY
Old 01-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Senior Board Member

I worked for the Crete that doesnt have any West Coast freight. I had to fight like hell to get back to California every time I wanted to come home.

Maybe if it becomes a dry and reefer company it would be easier to get West of Kansas.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Default Re: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
I see again the dreded "IF" word. :roll: Of course it is the drivers fault again and not others. Crete is infallible right? There is no bashing of Crete going on here. It is a Mega Carrier and a driver is just that to them.

It happened but the difference is I am gonna be honest with what I say so that potential recruits will not be lied to. A recruiting bonus is great but honesty is more important.

I sat for 4 days and about 7 other drivers did to except two who sat for 5 days. No sit pay either as there was no freight.

Ask the Ottawa, Il manager if at least one of her drivers sat a long time and even if she sent that driver a message saying no pay for sitting as it "was not company policy to pay if there is no freight to dispatch".

Also got a message that asked me to get my idle down or disclipinary action may be forthcoming. I went through my logs and found a few more days where I sat because dispatch told me that no freight and to check in the next morning. I sent her the days sitting and let her know that sitting that much will result in a large idle but never heard back.

I will say again that CRETE is a large mega Carrier. They pay better than most others and even many times one will get a choice. Overall they leave you alone as we do not have Driver Managers here but just Clueless dispatchers who can in no way help anyone out with anything so one needs to have experience to do well here. Most of the time there is no prob getting home but YOU will have to stay on top and refuse a load as it will send you away from home and not to it. It is a battle sometimes but you will get home just do not make firm plans ever.

I will come back and repeat these things if need be. Anyone got questions about Crete then feel free to contact me and I will be honest and tell the truth.
I am glad to see I was not the only driver at Crete who got to sit. During one month as part of a team, my co driver and I managed to get in eight 34 hour restarts between us, and that is not counting 3 days of home time.

Lost count of the number of messages received telling me to "check back in two hours, no freight".

The straw that broke the camel's back was when my terminal "manager" lied to me regarding the driver I was dating.

Crete is just another trucking company, run by people with no idea about the real world.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:20 PM

CLAY51. what does the driver your dating have to do with running the truck , getting miles, and just doing the job. What would make term. manager lie, and always being told by dispatch to check back in 2 hours freight is slow mean?
Old 01-13-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibcheese
CLAY51. what does the driver your dating have to do with running the truck , getting miles, and just doing the job. What would make term. manager lie, and always being told by dispatch to check back in 2 hours freight is slow mean?
Check back in two hours means "we don't have freight to keep you moving". Hence, time wasted.

What would make the terminal manager lie? Two things, one, being at Wilmer, and two, being in the trucking industry.

The lie was over problems getting home, a standard issue with many drivers living in Texas with Crete.

And as a result, Crete lost two drivers in less then 24 hours last June.

And one of those left the industry completely. Smart move on her part.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
I worked for the Crete that doesnt have any West Coast freight. I had to fight like hell to get back to California every time I wanted to come home.

Maybe if it becomes a dry and reefer company it would be easier to get West of Kansas.
I can't stay out of California. Been there 4 times since mid Nov and I live in Ohio.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 01-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Default Re: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay51
Quote:

I am glad to see I was not the only driver at Crete who got to sit. During one month as part of a team, my co driver and I managed to get in eight 34 hour restarts between us, and that is not counting 3 days of home time.

Lost count of the number of messages received telling me to "check back in two hours, no freight".

The straw that broke the camel's back was when my terminal "manager" lied to me regarding the driver I was dating.

Crete is just another trucking company, run by people with no idea about the real world.
Wow. I go out west often. In fact been out west and that is where I been sitting to for that 4 days (But of course IF I was). Do have a load that is getting me home on time this time with no probs to Houston. Last month they were only 3 days late and I had to fight and refuse two loads to get me there then.

Just seen two Shaffer trucks pulling Crete trailers (Yes it was an actual Shaffer and not a blue Crete) heading west today along I-10 in Arizona.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

I can't stay out of California. Been there 4 times since mid Nov and I live in Ohio.
Yeah right. IF you actually did.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:

Yeah right. IF you actually did.
I don't understand your point. Are you saying you don't believe that I've been there that many times lately? Please clarify.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?