User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari
Hi Haze. I was happy to read your post. I sent in my application to Crete the other day. Waiting to hear back from them now.

I live in Tampa and it's always an issue but I'm told 2-3 weeks out which is more than I want to be out but I'll live with it I guess. How long are you out at a time?

You say you're getting good miles. Care to elaborate on that? I'm hoping for 2800/week or more.

Have you had any runs up to NYC? I really don't wanna drive through that neck of the woods. Can you refuse to do NYC if you don't want to do it?

Are you able to route your own trip or are you assigned a specific route to follow?

Thanks
Dok
Howdy Dok. I been with Crete now for 6 years and can answer a few questions.

Quite a few drivers are out of Florida and get home bugt I always hear complaints of never when they want so don't make any pressing plans. It is that way with many drivers. I get home when asked a majority of the time but it is frustrating sometimes when you need to be there and they can't seem to do so. Many times I refuse a load as it is not getting me home and voila.....Magic I get one soon after. Crete does not care or try to get one home except at their convenience. They will do so eventually.

The miles can be very good and sometimes I will approach what the other guy said especially when I hold a trip back from the week before. Right niow is the slow period for most companies so the freight will pick up soon hopefully. I did just sit in Orgon for 4 days as there was no freight and when asked for sittting pay was told that Crete company policy was no sitting pay if there is no freight so I have to make diddly this week.

Every once on a blue moon a load will go the NYC area and if yoy get more than one choice then you can pick one of the others but if not then refuse it and then they will just make you sit. I have found many times I have gotten a choice and this has been real big with Crete for the years I have been with them is they will send a crappy load either on miles or to a crappy place like NYC that can be made on time. Then the other two choices are impossible to make legally. This it seems is a standard company policy as it has been going on for many years.

They have assigned routes. Sometimes I shake my head at them but usually it is what I would have taken anyway. They will do anything to avoid paying tolls though and will route you through the woods. It has been funny when they started to pay miles closer to the actual trip and even started putting it on their ads. Then they will route you their way and the out of route miles are the same as before. Many times though the miles and trips are close or somewhat close.

Any other questions then feel free to ask and I will come in here and try to answer truthfully.

I am starting to maybe look at another outfit myself but know there are no other companies that treat their drivers better. They all could care less about the drivers and care more about the truck also like Crete. They have a new deal starting and even though I doubt the rumours are true I may leave them because of them.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Well i don't see no catch with Crete, just haul the freight they assign me and get it there when its due. Only been there since April and i like it. I'm on a regional fleet and get home or by the house even when i'm not ready,lol. I get less miles being on a regional fleet but chose that cause of my priority in life with two kids, others want to stay out and thats fine.

I really enjoy it so far, i personally have had no problems with them at all, the checks all add up each week, the people in the office have always been polite and helped me when i have needed it and have NEVER been pushed to do somthing illeagal with them, ever.

bol
Old 01-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Default Ok

Well I live a little south of Houston and they always have had probs getting me home. It is like a huge ordeal to do so. I also have been with them 6 years and I hear different from most drivers that live anywhere in the U.S.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Been with Crete for 2.5yrs and have never gotten home late. Never, not once. Usually I get home a day or two early. The thing I see with some drivers is they'll take a trip to Cali 5 days before they need to be home in Pa and wonder why Crete can't get them home on time. :roll: If I'm far from the house I might send in my request 7-9 days early. If I'm within 1000 miles I usually don't send it in till ~ 5 days early. Miles are good, had nearly 134,000 for the last calender year.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Senior Board Member

I planned a cruise with my s.o. and told them 3 months in advance.

I kept telling them and sure enough, the day before the ship sailed from Long Beach California, I was in Columbus Ohio being offered loads to New Jersey and North Carolina.

That was the beginning of the end of my time with Crete. With the s.o. too I might add.....
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Senior Board Member

That's partially your fault for letting them put you in that position. The week before I needed to be home I would be constantly reminding dispatch of your commitment and if they were not obliging enough I would be on the phone with my terminal manager. And if I got no satisfaction from him I would call Lincoln. Sometimes you have to be pushy to get things done.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 01-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Been with Crete for 2.5yrs and have never gotten home late. Never, not once. Usually I get home a day or two early. The thing I see with some drivers is they'll take a trip to Cali 5 days before they need to be home in Pa and wonder why Crete can't get them home on time. :roll: If I'm far from the house I might send in my request 7-9 days early. If I'm within 1000 miles I usually don't send it in till ~ 5 days early. Miles are good, had nearly 134,000 for the last calender year.
Karnajj ...

Is that 'Cali' as in California :?:
Old 01-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Senior Board Member

I did and I did. and when I was a week out I dropped my load in South Carolina and again reminded them that I needed to be home in a week and they sent me to Ohio.

I know you love Crete, but they really do have their problems....

Hell, after I quit and volunteered to take my truck to the closest terminal and rent a car and drive home, they wanted me to return the truck to Phoenix and it still took them over a week to get me there.

Every 2-3 weeks I get a letter from Shafer wanted to know if I would come back and drive for them.

Im happy with my local part time job now. I work when I want and dont when I dont.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper
I did and I did. and when I was a week out I dropped my load in South Carolina and again reminded them that I needed to be home in a week and they sent me to Ohio.

I know you love Crete, but they really do have their problems....

Hell, after I quit and volunteered to take my truck to the closest terminal and rent a car and drive home, they wanted me to return the truck to Phoenix and it still took them over a week to get me there.

Every 2-3 weeks I get a letter from Shafer wanted to know if I would come back and drive for them.

Im happy with my local part time job now. I work when I want and dont when I dont.
I hear ya Bumper. Of course it is always our fault you know. I have been with Crete 6 years and know the ropes well but of course it is always my fault.
Did all that said before and then some. Give way more notice then needed and even weeks if I really need to be home. Just never make sure you let them know you have something really important then it is impossible. The times I do get home early is when I just ask to go home after many weeks away. Call the manager and then Lincol and what happens. Nothing except we will do our best.

Of course I am not recruiting so willing to tell the truth.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Rookie
Default Re: Howdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdrvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari
Hi Haze. I was happy to read your post. I sent in my application to Crete the other day. Waiting to hear back from them now.

I live in Tampa and it's always an issue but I'm told 2-3 weeks out which is more than I want to be out but I'll live with it I guess. How long are you out at a time?

You say you're getting good miles. Care to elaborate on that? I'm hoping for 2800/week or more.

Have you had any runs up to NYC? I really don't wanna drive through that neck of the woods. Can you refuse to do NYC if you don't want to do it?

Are you able to route your own trip or are you assigned a specific route to follow?

Thanks
Dok
Howdy Dok. I been with Crete now for 6 years and can answer a few questions.

Quite a few drivers are out of Florida and get home bugt I always hear complaints of never when they want so don't make any pressing plans. It is that way with many drivers. I get home when asked a majority of the time but it is frustrating sometimes when you need to be there and they can't seem to do so. Many times I refuse a load as it is not getting me home and voila.....Magic I get one soon after. Crete does not care or try to get one home except at their convenience. They will do so eventually.

The miles can be very good and sometimes I will approach what the other guy said especially when I hold a trip back from the week before. Right niow is the slow period for most companies so the freight will pick up soon hopefully. I did just sit in Orgon for 4 days as there was no freight and when asked for sittting pay was told that Crete company policy was no sitting pay if there is no freight so I have to make diddly this week.

Every once on a blue moon a load will go the NYC area and if yoy get more than one choice then you can pick one of the others but if not then refuse it and then they will just make you sit. I have found many times I have gotten a choice and this has been real big with Crete for the years I have been with them is they will send a crappy load either on miles or to a crappy place like NYC that can be made on time. Then the other two choices are impossible to make legally. This it seems is a standard company policy as it has been going on for many years.

They have assigned routes. Sometimes I shake my head at them but usually it is what I would have taken anyway. They will do anything to avoid paying tolls though and will route you through the woods. It has been funny when they started to pay miles closer to the actual trip and even started putting it on their ads. Then they will route you their way and the out of route miles are the same as before. Many times though the miles and trips are close or somewhat close.

Any other questions then feel free to ask and I will come in here and try to answer truthfully.

I am starting to maybe look at another outfit myself but know there are no other companies that treat their drivers better. They all could care less about the drivers and care more about the truck also like Crete. They have a new deal starting and even though I doubt the rumours are true I may leave them because of them.

If THEY sent you to Oregan,,,then made you sit 4-days,,THEY should have made sure the HAD freight to get out of there BEFORE again BEFORE they accepted that load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its not your fault,,You should have been PAID!
piss poor planning by CRETE.......DRIVERS!! GET WITH A COMPANY
that has ther act together.....IF YOU ARE NOT AT YOUR HOME,,
You ARE WORKING...YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO GET PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!