User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Suggestions Wanted and Appreciated

I teamed for 5 years with my husband.

We hauled general freight, refrigerated freight, helium, expedited freight, pharmaceuticals, and most recently were doing government loads consisting mainly of explosive/ammo type freight.

I have CDL-A (obviously) with hazmat and tanker endorsements. I have a Secret Clearance for government work.

I am going to go on the road solo. Hubby has a great job opportunity and is going for it.

My home is Florida. He'll be in NY state. I realize we probably won't see each other much but we gotta do what we gotta do. And this is what we gotta do. I can't envision myself sitting at a desk or working in a convenience store, and I love driving and it's what I do best now. <grin>

My question for you all is - can you suggest some decent companies that may be hiring right now?

Any how.....suggestions are greatly appreciated! Gotta do something soon! Money's running low...

I'd like to find a smallish company, but ....

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 PM

Where do you live? That will make a difference as what companies are hiring in your area. Best of luck to you!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreswood View Post
I am going to go on the road solo. Hubby has a great job opportunity and is going for it.

My home is Florida. He'll be in NY state.
What's stopping you from moving up there with him?

Don't know what part of NY State he'll be in. Hope it's not NYC. But if UpState, there are a number of small companies up there. Not like running team, but it would still allow you to have a relationship. If I were you, I'd do a search of the companies in that area, then start contacting them.