LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
he gets around more than my last girlfriend LOL
I hate to say it....but I'm about ready to start a "pool" on how long this gig will last.... :lol:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Any more info about carry? Anyone out in jersey drive for them?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:58 AM

Well after 3 1/2 years here at Superior its time to move on, turned in my two weeks yesterday. Got a MUCH better paying local job with better benefits, faster trucks, and no weekend work, pension plan and 401k. They also pay time and a half after 40 hrs. The new job is also about 10 min from my house, so no more 45 mile commute every morning. I will still be pulling a tanker, but without my time here at Superior, I wouldn't have been able to get this job. So thanks for everything Superior!!!
My last year here at Superior I worked local and the pay cut I had to take coming off the road just wasn't working for me ($18.00 hr straight time, no OT).

I can't say a bad word about Superior, honestly. Superior is a great company to work for if you have OTR in your blood. They always get you home and they pay pretty good too, you get paid for almost everything you do here. When I was OTR I can only think of a hand-full of times when I wasn't home on the weekends either. In my 3 1/2 years here I never had a problem with really anything. The people down in Morrow #28 (Atlanta) are a great bunch of people to work for and I am kinda sad to be leaving, but there is NO WAY IN HELL I can turn this job down. I've been waiting on a spot to open up for almost two years and now and I finally have the job.

Well, there will be a local spot open here in Atlanta starting July 1st, so if you're interested then call Barry and they will probably hire you because we have too many "old hands" down here and they don't like to "work" hahaha. The local job here really is gravy work. All you do is take empty trailers up to Stepan in Winder to be pre-loaded ( two a day) and come back. You also might have to pre-load a couple trailers in Chattanooga or Macon and deliver a load or two within the week. Yes you have to wake up at 3 or 4am sometimes, but after your 8 or 9 hrs you can go home with no fuss. Us local guys are usually out the door at 1400 or 1500.

Well thanks again Superior and everyone here whom I had the pleasure of meeting.

Rabbitfoot back quiet and reading tha mail!! =)
Old 06-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Board Regular

Congrats. What company are you going to?
Old 06-18-2011, 01:09 AM

Nexeo Solutions
Old 07-06-2011, 11:20 PM

We miss you already down here in Morrow Brandon. Sounds like a great job you've landed . . . I'm jealous! A 2 year wait to get on with them, eh? Sounds like it was worth the wait.

I'm still doing the OTR thing, but it's starting to wear on me. How did you find that company anyway?

Phil
Old 07-09-2011, 02:44 AM

Yea I'm sure they do miss me. Barry said they wern't going to fill my spot either. I feel sorry for Billy and Steven lol.

Phil its the old Ashland off Plesantdale Rd. Nexeo bought out Ashland but its basically the same company, just a different name.

Two drivers retired this year there. You can call Joe up there and see if they need another driver, or I can ask for you. I know they said today that business is really starting to pick up and they could need another driver soon.

I'm so happy with my decision and the opportunity to work there. They will have to KILL me to get me to leave hahaha.

Hope you are doing well and if you ever need anything holler at me my friend.

Last edited by BHG0069; 07-09-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:54 AM

Check your PMs Phil
Old 07-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHG0069 View Post
Yea I'm sure they do miss me. Barry said they wern't going to fill my spot either. I feel sorry for Billy and Steven lol.

Phil its the old Ashland off Plesantdale Rd. Nexeo bought out Ashland but its basically the same company, just a different name.

Two drivers retired this year there. You can call Joe up there and see if they need another driver, or I can ask for you. I know they said today that business is really starting to pick up and they could need another driver soon.

I'm so happy with my decision and the opportunity to work there. They will have to KILL me to get me to leave hahaha.

Hope you are doing well and if you ever need anything holler at me my friend.
Chemical Supply Company | About | Nexeo Solutions

According to their website all this was, is a Corporate name change.......which leads me to believe that the Ashland Corporate board of directors has something in mind down the road.
I guess I aught to check Ashland's website out and see if Mike Bowlen or Robert Wolfe are listed as a major director. Ashland might be a good stock buy if so.

Good luck with the new job! If they didn't change management style, you will be happy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Okay....so I went to Ashland while waiting for coffee to brew!! Ashland does say it was a "sale", and it is mentioned as part of their announcement to buy ISP.....which is interesting. ISP is the outfit that makes "Steel Weld" and "Locktite". Like I said. Interesting.

Last edited by Orangetxguy; 07-09-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:33 AM

Its definatly a good place to work Orange, I hope to be here for a long, long time.

Hell all of the drivers have been here 15-20yrs and two just retired this year. I'm definatly a rookie here. After me the guy with the lowest time is 5 years.

From what I understand too everything is the same as far as management. Nexeo is also a privatly owned company, which makes for a better environment IMO.