User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Companies with automatic or autoshift transmission trucks?

After a just over a year out of the drivers seat im thinking long and hard about crawling back up in a truck. Had 2.5 years behind the wheel of 4 different trucks before picking a place/wife/family to settle down with thinking it would be the greatest thing in the world to finally get out of the truck and try my hand at hubbydaddy luck thinking it couldnt possibly be any harder than living life in the slow lane governed at 65 for a couple weeks at a time only to get a 3 day pass that was run as fast as greased lightening and left my first few days after i returned damn near frightening and eventually got me burned when i lost control of it and run it down it a ditch and quickly learned my days in that truck where done and it was someone else turn. So anyway i took on a whole new outlook and a brand new job at hubbydad llc inc. and quickly learned what i thought would be a piece of cake compared to the hurry up and wait neverending series of milemarkers and staging areas was not at all as tough as i had come to believe. Im not about to say trucking is easy but it damn sure is a hell of a lot simpler than trying be the person your wife wants you to be especially if it seems to change nearly everytime she takes a pee, if you know what i mean. So anyway, 2.5 years experience driving various autoshifts and automatics for 2 different companies (the latter of which was us express) and right at a year of being all i knew to try to be as a 1st time husband/stepfather but fail at that miserably or at least that what she has been and keeps on telling me worthless husband and horrible father is all she says she sees so now i find myself thinking ever so fondly of my house on wheels and 3 days to remember how it feels to be wanted and appreciated just long enough to make it count before loading back up and making them tires squel. So anyway, which companies are still stocked with trucks that are autoshift or full auto because thats all ive ever known and my current boss has just about broken my will?
Old 10-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Good lord. Where do they come from?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:05 PM

thats a detacated 47%er
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member

can somebody please translate that for me?????????
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member

not from New Zealand any way lol
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdrfd View Post
can somebody please translate that for me?????????
Translation: What companies run trucks with autoboxes?
Answers [This is not an exclusive list, and some of these companies may run a mix of autos and manuals]:
Maverick (flatbed, double-drop, reefer)
TransAm (reefer)*
CR England (reefer)*
USA Truck (dry van)
PAM Transport (dry van)
Thompson Trucking (straight dumps, combo dumps, scrap dumps, containers, and trash slugs)
*These companies push leases, and I wouldn't recommend them to the devil.

Last edited by VPIDarkAngel; 10-08-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: updated list