Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolwoody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
You didn't say what you are on probation for, nor did you sat how much longer you have to go.
I am on probation for domestic violence (it was a loud argument with my spouse, no physical violence), I will be done in December 2007.
You can't be charged with DV if you didn't touch her. If it was just a "loud argument" all you could be charged with is disturbing the peace. Can you explain?
California has become very strict on DV in the past few years. I left out the part about threatening her with bodily harm. In California you don't have to touch her.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Salinas is north of L.A. 350 miles on HWY101 inland east of Monterey, south of San Jose 50 miles.
2) In that case, forget it because i think 350 miles is too much of a comute; I know a low-life sleezebag in company in L.A. that wouldn't give a shyt what you have on your record---their son is a convicted felon after all! (i used to work for em)

3) More importantly, are you still married? Sounds like you got some issues you need to iron out first.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:53 AM

Hang in there, partner.

In the mean time, you might find this video interesting, i thought it was pretty cozy myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHBy4ylJckw
Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Senior Board Member

In all honesty, unless you hire with some rinky-dink pirate company, you got too many legal issues under your belt to be considered by alot of major carriers, especially the DV charge, that doesnt look good to alot of companies these days.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian griffin
Quote:
Salinas is north of L.A. 350 miles on HWY101 inland east of Monterey, south of San Jose 50 miles.
2) In that case, forget it because i think 350 miles is too much of a comute; I know a low-life sleezebag in company in L.A. that wouldn't give a shyt what you have on your record---their son is a convicted felon after all! (i used to work for em)

3) More importantly, are you still married? Sounds like you got some issues you need to iron out first.
The issues are pretty much ironed out, this all happened 2 1/2 years ago, we are good friends now, but divorced. We are parents together, and get along pretty good now.

Whats the name of that company in L.A., I have to start somewhere. I am willing to commute, if it is OTR I only will see home once a month. Tell me about this company.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian griffin
Hang in there, partner.

In the mean time, you might find this video interesting, i thought it was pretty cozy myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHBy4ylJckw
Thanks...I liked it. I agree with him. Someone give me a chance, PLEASE. I am not a criminal, I now have a record because I yelled at my wife and threatened to hit her, but I did not touch her, I sure scared her and I feel terrible. You know many of us were spanked when we were growing up, some beaten, do we think our parents are criminals? It is not uncommon for husbands and wives to argue and to say something mean. I addmit that I should have not threatened to hit her, but to label me criminal, give me a record so that no company will hire me. How many people have said "screw you, I'll kick your ass!" Does that mean they should have a record?

sorry to go on and on, but I am upset, I need a job and driving a truck is what I want to do!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Rookie

Since I wrote that last reply, I started thinking too much, and now I am fired up! I am by no means better than anyone else. I did 15 years as an infantryman in the U.S. Army, it requires much discipline to do that, it is not for everyone. But, it should speak for who I am, if I was a criminal I would not have made it that long. I would have done 20 years, but I recieved a medical discharge. One threatening statement and that erases it all??? B.S.!!! I am sorry, but I am frustrated!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Since I wrote that last reply, I started thinking too much, and now I am fired up! I am by no means better than anyone else. I did 15 years as an infantryman in the U.S. Army, it requires much discipline to do that, it is not for everyone. But, it should speak for who I am, if I was a criminal I would not have made it that long. I would have done 20 years, but I recieved a medical discharge. One threatening statement and that erases it all??? B.S.!!! I am sorry, but I am frustrated!!!
Other than your DV conviction. What EXACTLY is on your DMV report? That will be a big factor in whether a company can work around your DV.

Also in regards to your DV conviction, you need to start calling around to check where you can get hired. Some places will require 5 years after the conviction, some 3 years. Some of the low life bottom feeding companies might hire you regardless.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:03 PM

Wow! These cats won't let you PM unless you got 50 posts? So what i'll do is get back to you in a sec--maybe later today as i am searching for a job myself.

Could you elaborate a little on your DMV record?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Rookie

My 3 year DMV reports only 2 tickets, it only states the violation codes, which are for basic speeding. My 3rd ticket (which has not shown up yet) has the same code is for 85 mph in a 65 mph which is 20+(I was on my motorcycle, not that it should be an excuse for going that fast.) Companies frown at 15+ over the speed limit. DMV reports do not specify the speed. Can a company find out more?

I hope no company recruiters read this post.

Thank you for the advise and info!