User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolwoody
My 3 year DMV reports only 2 tickets, it only states the violation codes, which are for basic speeding. My 3rd ticket (which has not shown up yet) has the same code is for 85 mph in a 65 mph which is 20+(I was on my motorcycle, not that it should be an excuse for going that fast.) Companies frown at 15+ over the speed limit. DMV reports do not specify the speed. Can a company find out more?

I hope no company recruiters read this post.

Thank you for the advise and info!
I'll be honest. None of the good companies are going to give you the time of day. Not saying you can't get hired, but you will probably work for some bottom feeder making .25 cpm.

You have 3 speeding tickets in three years. Plus a misdemeanor conviction for domestic violence.

I'm not positive, but I do believe that trucking companies get the same DMV driving report the police do and they show the speeds of the violations. The report you get from DMV as a citizen is a generalized report.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Rookie

Well, I guess I will have to get my record expunged, and wait 3 years for my DMV to clear. In the mean time maybe I can buy an old dump truck for $15,000-$20,000 and do owner-operator work for a dirt company, or find some low-life company. I just want to drive a truck, I am stuck on it.

A truck driver is just as important as a Doctor! This country would fall apart if the truck driver didn't do his/her job! Everything from medicine to food to gasoline moves by truck. So, you all should be very proud of what you have chosen to do, you are an important part of todays society. The world would fail without your hard work. I look up to you.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Board Regular

does anyone see an "anger issue" here besides me ?? Future road rage..With your very poor DMV report, (and yes, they all get the whole story from DMV-kind of shows an indication to not tell the truth on your part) your domestic violation conviction etc. you are done. Even the bottom feeders have insurance companies who won't touch you. Buy your own ? Are you going to run without insurance ?? In California, no insurance=NO registration, first Level 1 and it's impounded and you don't get it back..Just a little food for thought.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred
does anyone see an "anger issue" here besides me ?? Future road rage..With your very poor DMV report, (and yes, they all get the whole story from DMV-kind of shows an indication to not tell the truth on your part) your domestic violation conviction etc. you are done. Even the bottom feeders have insurance companies who won't touch you. Buy your own ? Are you going to run without insurance ?? In California, no insurance=NO registration, first Level 1 and it's impounded and you don't get it back..Just a little food for thought.
No anger issues here, just because I have a DV conviction does not mean that I am running around pissed off. I am not lying about my driving record, I just don't want to volunteer information, if they ask I will tell them. I am a very honest person. My driving record is not that poor. I was only asking to see how far they investigate, not to try and mislead them. I will never run without insurance. Thank you for your input.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
It is not uncommon for husbands and wives to argue and to say something mean
I don't say mean things if we argue. Just sayin'

Quote:
My 3 year DMV reports only 2 tickets, it only states the violation codes, which are for basic speeding. My 3rd ticket (which has not shown up yet) has the same code is for 85 mph in a 65 mph which is 20+(I was on my motorcycle, not that it should be an excuse for going that fast.) Companies frown at 15+ over the speed limit. DMV reports do not specify the speed. Can a company find out more?
Yes, companies will order a complete MVR report on all drivers. Most of these include actual speeds.

Quote:
Too late.

Quote:
Wow! These cats won't let you PM unless you got 50 posts? So what i'll do is get back to you in a sec--maybe later today as i am searching for a job myself.
Lewis Friend has over 200 posts. Colonel Toon migt be over 50. Dawn only has about 20. Try logging in with one of those accounts, Chad.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:23 PM

Funny as all get it out. I got me the AMEX GOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian griffin
Hang in there, partner.

In the mean time, you might find this video interesting, i thought it was pretty cozy myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHBy4ylJckw
Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
It is not uncommon for husbands and wives to argue and to say something mean
I don't say mean things if we argue. Just sayin'

Quote:
Yes, companies will order a complete MVR report on all drivers. Most of these include actual speeds.

Quote:
Too late.

Quote:
Wow! These cats won't let you PM unless you got 50 posts? So what i'll do is get back to you in a sec--maybe later today as i am searching for a job myself.
Lewis Friend has over 200 posts. Colonel Toon migt be over 50. Dawn only has about 20. Try logging in with one of those accounts, Chad.
I am not going to make any excuse for what I did. I have learned to be nice and to think before I speak. I know not every couple says mean things to each other, I was just making it a point that I am not a wife beater.

I knew in the back of my mind that recruiters do read these post so, that was not too bright for me to say. I have nothing to hide, I would not have posted it here, just wanting to know how far they investigate.

Thank you for everyones input, it is helpful to me. If I don't get a job driving right away, that is just the way it is, I can wait a few years. The DV conviction can be expunged. The driving record does improve with time, provided I drive respectfully and get no more tickets.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

You're right. Give it some time and let the MVR clean itself up. Get the charge expunged and haul rocks and dirt for a couple years, then make your move into driving. Good luck.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's funny right there! I dont care who you are! :P
:lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

It could be that many of the companies you have spoken to have rules in place not to hire anyone with a record of "domestic violence". I have worked for a couple of companies that had that "caveat" on their applications.

You are going to have to really dig deep and hard to find a company that will hire you. I'm sure that there are companies that will hire you, but the major issue is that you are still on probation....and this could be an obstacle that many don't want to work with. Even though you have "permission" to leave the state....saying so over the phone doesn't settle their issues.

A suggestion: Get your ex-wife to write a letter...saying that it was a long ago issue, and that you are now friends and there are no "anger" issues anymore. Can't hurt. Then, take that and a document stating that you can leave the state and go in person and visit recruiters "in person". Dress in business casual clothes. Don't show up looking grungy. Make a good impression. That will accomplish more than a million phone calls.

Keep in mind though, that more than likely you are ineligible to cross the Canadian Border, and some companies have the requirement in place that you can.

Good Luck to You! 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.