LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 07:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Orientation pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle05
Ive been looking at several companies trying sort through the junk and find a good one, but it seems to me there are a lot more companies not paying you to set through orientation that generally eats up a whole week. Any one know why that is? Maybe drivers arent worth as much nowadays. Ive all but lost hope on getting a lil bonus. Not that I look at a signon bonus as a means to go with a company. But I sure do look for a company that values my time enough to pay me for it.
Well I can tell you from Crete's point of view...
Orientation is pretty pricey since they pay for your car rental to get to orientation, reimburse you for the gas, they pay for your (private) hotel room plus they have a van transport you from the hotel to the building for orientation "and" they pay for your breakfast and lunch whichis cafeteria style "PLUS" after orientation they give you $140.00 just for attending. Add up what all that would cost and that aint half bad for a company that knows how to treat it's employees with respect. *smiling*
Keep on truckin...
Old 02-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Rookie

I remember when Heartland called, went to the hotel to check-in and the woman at the front desk ask if I knew this was a double occupancy and almost turn around and went back home,

You are right Greg3564 a company should respect your privacy
Old 02-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyAnn
Quote:
Ive been looking at several companies trying sort through the junk and find a good one, but it seems to me there are a lot more companies not paying you to set through orientation that generally eats up a whole week. Any one know why that is? Maybe drivers arent worth as much nowadays. Ive all but lost hope on getting a lil bonus. Not that I look at a signon bonus as a means to go with a company. But I sure do look for a company that values my time enough to pay me for it.
Orientation is pretty pricey since they pay for your car rental to get to orientation, reimburse you for the gas, they pay for your (private) hotel room plus they have a van transport you from the hotel to the building for orientation "and" they pay for your breakfast and lunch whichis cafeteria style "PLUS" after orientation they give you $140.00 just for attending. Add up what all that would cost and that aint half bad for a company that knows how to treat it's employees with respect. *smiling*
Keep on truckin...
if you are a recruiter as I think you said you are, why do you make so many mistatements? perhaps you need orientation
Old 02-12-2007, 12:04 AM

I dont really mind getting double bunked. If you get a good roomate it give you someone to chat with. Maybe grab a bite to eat with. To me it helps make the orientation go just a little faster. just my opinion though.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 AM

Star Transportation give you the choice of a bus ticket or pays you 12-1/2cpm if you drive your personal vehicle, puts you up in a NICE Super-8 (double occupancy, but for about $20/night additional the motel will make it private) with continental breakfast, and pays $50 expense money. Supposedly, they provide the lunches during their 2-1/2 day orientation but the group I was in only got one, on the second day.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I dont really mind getting double bunked. If you get a good roomate it give you someone to chat with. Maybe grab a bite to eat with. To me it helps make the orientation go just a little faster. just my opinion though.
I agree. When I found out I was going to be in a room with a total stranger, I almost pulled out the plastic, but decided to give it chance. My roomie turned out to be a great guy, we shot the bull way into the evening every night, and still keep in touch by phone. Of course, YMMV. I'm sure there are a few horror stories out there, too.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Board Regular

Maverick pays for your transportation to orientation, $550 for the week of orientation (new and experienced drivers alike) plus $100/day for securement training if needed (please check with recruiting, I'm far from being a company official). They put you up in their own motel located on terminal property and feed you once a day. The motel is double occupancy, but it is nice. I had no complaints and heard none. Once your through orientation and start the securement training, depending on the size of the next week's orientation group, they may move you to a hotel. In either case they provide courtesy vehicles. Your not stranded at the terminal.

Arky
Old 02-12-2007, 08:32 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Quote:
Keep on truckin...
if you are a recruiter as I think you said you are, why do you make so many mistatements? perhaps you need orientation
well do you ever think that the "other" person is wrong? or...maybe that is why my paper work says..its in black and white and it tells me only $140.00 for the orientation...would you like me to scan it and paste it here? All I do is try and give the best answers I can...NO I AM NOT A RECRUITER THAT SITS BEHIND A DESK. I am a "driver recruiter" and all I do is try and answer honestly and all you can see is "recruiter" and think the negative and harrass me for it. Thats ok you have a right to our opinion. Its funny how because you assume I am a recruiter that I have misstatements when the other drivers don't know what they are talking about...I guess they can be completely wrong..since they are drivers right?? I try and learn what I can about the company somethings "like this" I didn't think would be too hard to screw up...they only way orientation pays $175.00 if this is something they just started doing. And according to my "revised paperwork printed 10-18-06 on Crete company drivers information sheet it still shows $140.00
Old 02-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Wow, I didnt know a topic such as this one would start such a argument. Believe me I know, the good companies I have worked for have had very good recruiters who did not lie or not tell the truth in any way. everything I was told was the way it was. :lol:

Now I have worked for a couple mega carriers who misrepresented miles or different aspects of the company. Perhaps that is what the driver has run into. and now thinks all recruiters lie. :cry:
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:
Quote:
Keep on truckin...
well do you ever think that the "other" person is wrong? or...maybe that is why my paper work says..its in black and white and it tells me only $140.00 for the orientation...would you like me to scan it and paste it here? All I do is try and give the best answers I can...NO I AM NOT A RECRUITER THAT SITS BEHIND A DESK. I am a "driver recruiter" and all I do is try and answer honestly and all you can see is "recruiter" and think the negative and harrass me for it. Thats ok you have a right to our opinion. Its funny how because you assume I am a recruiter that I have misstatements when the other drivers don't know what they are talking about...I guess they can be completely wrong..since they are drivers right?? I try and learn what I can about the company somethings "like this" I didn't think would be too hard to screw up...they only way orientation pays $175.00 if this is something they just started doing. And according to my "revised paperwork printed 10-18-06 on Crete company drivers information sheet it still shows $140.00

I wasnt calling you a liar, I was merely pointing out that you have gotten several things wrong, such as stating the wrong engine and hometime and things like that, if you are going to recruit, then learn what you are talking about. that's all I'm saying, by the way, when did they start using driver recruiters?