User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2022, 04:46 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need advice on choosing between CR England and Swift

Hi, I need help and advice. I just got my cdl class A permit in Indiana. I applied to couple of trucking companies and currently talking to CRE recruiters and will get an interview with their client company for a dedicated driver position tomorrow. Also the recruiter said I will be going to driving school on the 21st. But there was a recruiter from Swift constantly reaching out to me through text messages and emails last week. I did some research over the two companies, and it seems Swift is a better company. I already emailed the Swift recruiter my application letter and documents. But my application with CRE has moved way ahead.

What I'm thinking is there is nothing guaranteed, so I will take the offer from the Trucking company who I started the driving school training earlier or sign the contract with first.

In addition, here is something about myself related to start my truck driving career.

1. I'm 33 years old.

2. My DOT medical card expire in 6 months, on 01/01/2023. My blood pressure was high when I visited the doctor last time. But I don't have any major health problem. I just didn't know what the dot physical exam was about, and thought my employer sent me to do a drug test. But I definitely can pass the next one no problem.

3. Single with no kids. I'm willing to be away from home for weeks and months.

4. Have loading and unloading truck by hands experiences. I'm willing to help loading and unloading truck if it's necessary.

5. License was suspended for one and hale month in 2018 due the failure to appear in court for a seat belt ticket. That's the reason my employer, Fastenal denied my application for the truck driver position. I have nothing else on driving records in five years. Never have any misdemeanor, felony, accident nor DUI. No tickets in 3 years.

I'm new to Trucking driving industry. I would appreciate for any input. Thanks.