User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is it True? One application in CAD -Companys contacts me?

I want to apply to a few of the companies listed with this forum, but I saw on the home page with CAD that I can apply one time and then the offers will come to me...is this true? Won't that be hard for me to weed through so many companies? or is this a good thing...to get many offers. Also, would I be considered.."PRE QUALIFIED"...My BIGGEST FEAR is that I will end up going to truck driving school, only to be rejected HALF WAY THOUGH and be stranded....have to find my own way home. I am a 35 year old woman. To travel so far to a school....I would want to KNOW that I am approved already before I get their. I just don't have the money...or the time to waist on a venture that leads to a dead end. PLEAS HELP!!! I had wanted to be in a school the first Monday after thanksgiving. A GOOD SCHOOL.....I am looking into PAM...COVENANT....FFE....CENTRAL.........I want to travel over the whole USA.....want to make great money...I have no bad background just don't have the strongest work refs....mostly did daycare...for my NOW new husband....(not doing daycare now). Anyway...having a good rider program is important...and a dog with us is important....so is dental benefits withing the first 6 months. So...any help please? I live in TX.
Thank you all!!
qwertyuiop_shelly
Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Rookie

I guess trucking schools may not be open on Sundays, I still have only applied for a couple schools...with no response as of yet...still wondering if applying with CAD is a good thing or not. Applying for ALL the companies at once...I am still thinking about doing this...but want some imput if it is out thier. Thanks!!!
qwertyuiop_shelly
Old 11-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Until you at least start school I do not know how many "offers" you will get at this point.

As an experienced driver I used CAD to place an application in with several companies and within a week, week and a half, I had many responses.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Rookie

I am sure you will get some responses from companies, some companies do offer in house training or have a school they use. Just be careful when offered a job, after you go thru their school, there will be a certain amount of time you will be required to stay with them to repay them for the school, usually up to a year, could be more depending on the company. Remember ask lots of questions. Don't really know what you are looking for, but my suggestion is to stay away from Lease companies like Prime and CR England.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Rookie

thanks for the great reply..thanks...but I am wondering about apllying here...on CAD...I read that I apply one time and they send my application out to all the companies...I was wondering if that is true, and what is the response time...and has anyone else applied here at CAD..what happend to you? did you end up with job offers? I have not gone to school yet, I would like a job offer that also offers a school. Thanks for the help!!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Board Regular

Apply for a job on CAD is a good way to START looking for a job. You should also go to a local truck stop and talk to some drivers in person about the company they work for. Plus, while you are there, you can pick up several trucker magazines with ads from 100's of trucking companies.
Pick up the phone and makes some calls. A job is not going to come knocking at your door.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Rookie

A lot of companies will contact you. It is good because you can learn about them without wasting a phone call to them. You can also get a trucking magazine from a truck stop and get more information to help weed out some companies.
Good luck and I hope you find a good company.