User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Maynbe the indy term. is doing well.. With miles but S.Central had lost some major acct.s. I can remember Mondays being 40 loads short, no work available on Sundays either, with the el paso, dallas and okies.. It was tough going, and if u did get a load and it was headfing to atlanta or kc area, that could be a hit or miss on getting a load. Also this area runs off that satelite, once u move the trk. Your time starts. It would b next to impossiable to run 700 miles a day.. Heavy freight, not being able too do posted speed limit in most states. I was getting about 2,200 miles a week when i left, but can remember the good miles, i need atleast 3,000 miles a week. To justify being in a trk.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorutommy
Maynbe the indy term. is doing well.. With miles but S.Central had lost some major acct.s. I can remember Mondays being 40 loads short, no work available on Sundays either, with the el paso, dallas and okies.. It was tough going, and if u did get a load and it was headfing to atlanta or kc area, that could be a hit or miss on getting a load. Also this area runs off that satelite, once u move the trk. Your time starts. It would b next to impossiable to run 700 miles a day.. Heavy freight, not being able too do posted speed limit in most states. I was getting about 2,200 miles a week when i left, but can remember the good miles, i need atleast 3,000 miles a week. To justify being in a trk.
Well, I dont know about the Indy terminal but I run out of the Memphis terminal. I neve have a problem with miles. I never turn down any loads either so maybe that is the reason. I don't usualy sit for any more then a couple of hrs. Most of the time I am unloaded or loaded in about a hour or less. We dont use the computer to logg. We have paper logs! They do have slow trucks though but I don't mind. I get them miles so It does not matter if I have a 100 mph + truck or a 64 mph trk. I have never had a week where I was under the 2500 miles a week mark.