User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ? for Sheepdancer

A J.B. Hunt recruiter and I have been playing phone tag for about a week. I am prior military and have a question about your company's training program for military personnel. Is it up to the individual to find a CDL school or does J.B. have their own school? Also, after school would I work with a trainer nearest my home of out of a specific location. I live about equal distance between your Richmond and Winchester, VA terminals. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes we have training for former military....Im sorry if I dont know a lot of the details of it...its not my dept. I will tell you what I know about it and I will find out more about it for you monday.

If you have tractor Trailer exp from the military, you can go straight to riding with a trainer. If you were in the military for something else, You would need to go to our school in Oklahoma We would pay for your schooling and you would work for us for a year to pay it back.

I will get with the guy in my office monday who knows all about this school and get back with you with more details.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:32 AM

I was medical, not a driver, so I would need to attend school. Thank you for your help.