User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

So if I don't sugar-coat things am I not being "honest"??
:roll:

I don't want to be one of those jaded, overly-negative drivers but it's no pleasure cruise out here.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So if I don't sugar-coat things am I not being "honest"??
No, don't sugar coat anything. In fact, this is the perfect place to "vent". Better here than when you're behind the wheel of an 80,000lb monster.

I guess the point that I am trying to make is that for us newbies, it is already difficult to try and dischyfer the truth from the embellished on its own without all the added bashing.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Rookie

Not wrong.
It's a well known fact, at least among drivers that have been out here for any length of time, that the bottom line is far more important than the drivers, in reference to large trucking companies. Some, maybe many, small companies are different, but I am not refering to them.
Werner, Schneider, JBHunt, Swift, Knight, the list is seemingly endless - when reality comes to the "rubber meets the road" detour, the detour goe to the trucking company, not the driver. I have done this long enough, I've been there, I've driven for several of these companies, I know this is fact, not fiction.

I don't do those companies anymore, I don't have to and I won't.
Yup, I'm chillin', in fact, getting ready to go to bed, get up in the morning, work my 8 to 9 hours, depending on the day, and then, GO HOME, lol.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:22 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperRat
Not wrong.
It's a well known fact, at least among drivers that have been out here for any length of time, that the bottom line is far more important than the drivers, in reference to large trucking companies. Some, maybe many, small companies are different, but I am not refering to them.
Werner, Schneider, JBHunt, Swift, Knight, the list is seemingly endless - when reality comes to the "rubber meets the road" detour, the detour goe to the trucking company, not the driver. I have done this long enough, I've been there, I've driven for several of these companies, I know this is fact, not fiction.

I don't do those companies anymore, I don't have to and I won't.
Yup, I'm chillin', in fact, getting ready to go to bed, get up in the morning, work my 8 to 9 hours, depending on the day, and then, GO HOME, lol.
Well I've driven since '78 so I think that's a little "Length of Time"
There are some Large and VERY good companies who treat their drivers Well with Excellent Benefits. You just have to get some miles under your Belt and then find them. I basically know what you're saying though but that's a Big Categorizing ALL Big Companies.
Have a Safe Trip.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Dear Mr. Sheepdancer
Quite some time ago, I caught you, on this forum, in your lies and "crap". You ARE a smartass, and that's a fact. The account was the Diversified Roofing account in Phoenix, the tractors, almost all of them, were 6, 7 and going on 8 year old tractors. Tired, worn out, pieces of junk. You are a typical recruiter, but you come on here and act as if all recruiters are lily white angels. I have heard your bs story several times, it's all smoke and mirrors. .
Ahhh yes....I remember you. Although it wasnt on this message board, it was another one. And if i remember your story right, you never even worked for us because we didnt have any of the new trucks ready and you walked out of orientation. Im sure I could copy and paste your messages from that board but Im sure the moderators over here wouldnt like it....lets just say YOUR STORY IS STARTING TO FALL APART and we will keep it at that. Like i said in your first post when you mentioned 8 YEAR OLD INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS...something seemed fishy.
You never worked for us. In fact that job in Phoenix has one of the lowest turnover rates in the company. Drivers love it. It hasnt opened up for hiring in a year. Tells me that drivers never leave it.

Quote:
The fact is, you are working for a LOSER company. .
My 401k, stock, benefits and paycheck tell me different.

Quote:
I am working for a GREAT company, which makes J.B.Hunt look like a toilet with dung in it. Take a look at Wolseley, with 20.8 BILLION in sales generated in 2005.
WOS= 19.740 billion in revenue last year---thats a little less than 20.8.
5.41 billion in profit.(didnt think I would look it up, did you?)...You seem to be exagerating a bit...or is IT LYING?
Are you really a recruiter? Because you seem to be doing all the things you accuse us of doing?

Quote:
I have more benefits than YOU do, and you aren't a trucker, and you certainly don't have a clue.
Are you sure about that, because Ive never posted my benefits on this message board? Frankly its none of your business what my pay or benefits are. I can tell you, I wouldnt work for crappy benefits.

Quote:
You just come on here and continue to spout off, day after day, luring drivers into J.B.Hunt's system.
Great, if they like it, if not, they have wasted a lot of time, and MOST drivers that come into J.B.Hunt end up HATING it.
Isnt that true with any job? Either you are going to like it or hate it?
Once again, I dont recruit too many drivers out here. Im just here for fun just like anyone else. Yes, if someone PMs me and asks, I will help them get on. Im not going to turn down a hire. If the majority of drivers hated here and failed, we wouldnt be growing every year. Fact is about 20% of all people will hate any job. With the big companies it just seems like a larger number because 20% of 13000 drivers all complaining makes a lot of noise. People that love their jobs dont spend a lot of time telling people about it. Thats just human nature.
Quote:
I don't CARE how J.B. Hunt started out. I don't NEED to go start a trucking company, I am not working for a trucking company, I would never work for a trucking company ever again.
Once again, great.....Im glad you found a job you love. Me personally, I always like to know how a company started out. Its a good business tool to know the road to success with othe companies. And I just said you should start your own company because you seem to know so much about how bunisesses should be run.

Quote:
Trucking companies don't CARE about the drivers, they only care about the bottom line - how many dollar bills they can line their wallets with at the expense of the drivers that are sacrificing their lives, day in and day out, while they are NOT sacrificing their lives, day in and day out, on the road, living in a truck, eating out, away from loved ones.
All companies are in business to make money. I have no problem knowing that the only reason I have a job is to make those above me money and help turn a profit for the investors. Hell, I am an investor. And once again no one is forcing you to become an OTR truck driver. Some drivers enjoy making money and living on the road. ITS A CHOICE AND ITS A LIFESTYLE....it just wasnt for you. That doesnt mean it wouldnt work for someone else.
As far as trucking companies not caring about our drivers. Every Quarter we bring in all are 1, 2 and 3 million mile drivers to corporate, every single one of them and fly in all of their family members. 1 millon mile drivers get a 5 grand check....2 mil drivers get 10 grand check....3 million mile drivers get a 20 grand check. We wouldnt do that if we didnt care about them. Nor would we have more 2 and 3 million mile drivers than anyone in the industry. We must be treating some of them right. Thats just one of the ways we show appreciation for our drivers. I tell you what, invest in that companies 401K and stock. At least I hope you are....and in 19 years if you have 2 million, You can say you were treated better than our drivers. Like I said in another post...that company you work for is a good company. Although lately the stock isnt doing that well, you SHOULD be investing in it. I was recruited heavely by them out of college. I just didnt want to move to VA and the pay wasnt that great.

Quote:
I work for a company that has it's own fleet of trucks, in fact, they have MORE trucks than J.B. Hunt.
According to the DOT you all have 3098 power units. We have over 3 times that many. Wait, Im confused....was that you "exagerating" or what that a lie by your definition? Once again....are you sure you arent a recruiter?

Quote:
I am making FAR more money than your J.B.Hunt drivers make, guaranteed, and I only work 44 hours per week, no weekends, home every day, with benefits out the yahoo.
You stated that you started out at 15 bucks an hour.....I hope you got a lot of raises your first year. And Im happy you are making money. I think you should make 25 bucks an hour or more. I dont know what all our drivers make, I only watch the drivers I hire personally. But there are people on these boards who drive for us that make well over 50 grand a year and I personally know of a few drivers who not only drive for us but actively recruit and they make over 80 grand a year.....from 15 bucks an hour to 50 grand a year in only one years work is a hell of a raise. Great job you got there! You should keep it.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Rookie

Wow, lots of bashing here. I'm a recruiter, here's my honest opinion.

People can go out and say recruiters lie all day long, and some of them do.

The fact of the matter is, when you call a recruiter, you are usually getting your first impression of the company. If your recruiter believes in the company, and truely loves what they do, you'll hear good things about the company. Once you're hired, any issues you have from there are usually brought up to your fleet manager. If that fleet manager isn't as passionate about their job as your recruiter was, you are the one that suffers. I'm not sure how things go for other companies, but your recruiter always has a lot more pull than you would know. I've helped drivers with miles, pay issues, truck issues, just about everything under the sun. Sometimes it seems like having a recruiter that will keep in touch with you can be the best thing you have going for you.

And if you're wondering about benefits, I've got the same 401K and health insurance as any of our drivers in those big red trucks
Old 04-20-2015, 10:25 PM
Rookie

I've noticed almost every response was an attack on JB HUNT nobody mentioned SWIFT, WHY the HATE?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Just say no....
Old 07-07-2015, 04:42 PM

Hello Guys

Thanks for sharing this valuable information but one more thing i want to update you that in also USA top transportation's companies provide best training and better pay with benefits