User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Peaches... check you Private messages for a message from me.

Sorry everyone about the double post. Didn't think the first post went through.

Soladad
Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soladad
I can't expect top pay when I am still in the learning curve. Glad you have found a company that will pay you what you need to live while having only 1 year of experience.
I understand your learning curve statement, however some of my paychecks were less than what I made working at Wendy's when I was 16 years old.

Yeah .41 cents per mile aint too shabby for 1 year experience. My lowest paycheck so far will be the one I get tomorrow (because of hometime, 4 days off) $550.

Quote:
I have not had any problems with home time because I try to work with my fleet manager when it comes to scheduling. Sometimes you need to stand up to a dispatcher (doesn't matter what company it is) and not allow abuse.
I agree with this statement as well. Crete is much larger then Roehl and instead of most people focusing on the negatives of being just "a number" I'd like to point out the positives.

1. All Crete drivers have no assigned dispatcher. This is awesome, if you have beef with one of them, they can do very little to make your life hell. We do however have assigned fleet mgrs. which you should make a call to when you come out of the house to set the date you want to come home. Your fleet mgr will go to bat for you if you are not being pointed towards home when you request.

2. Freight base. Crete's freight base is HUGE. That means more miles for the drivers. I've dropped a load and reloaded at the same facility several times, I love it! Also load select is sweet, I do have a say sometimes on where I can go (no northeast LOL). Bigger freight base also means variety in where you can go.

3. More terminals. You can't imagine how annoying it is to work for a company that has 3-5 terminals in which they do maintenence in. It's nice to have a company terminal nearby not just to get work done on your truck but so you can get fuel, a free shower, free laundry, free truck wash and no lot lizards. LOL :lol:

Quote:
Companies have a right to check DAC records. Never know what is trying to be hidden by a voice on a phone. Doesn't matter how long you have been out on the road or what track record you have companies have a right to protect themselves and insurance companies expect background checks.
I think you missed my point. The roehl recruiter accused the man of being a liar without reason. Of course your DAC will be pulled when seeking employment.

Quote:
Yes, I know Troy. Yes...he has a "attitude" toward women. I just avoid him. It is unfortunate that he has not been overheard by a superior but it is only time before it happens. It is your word against his at present. I agree that it doesn't look good to new people coming in but why didn't you say anything about it when you went through orientation?
I do regret not saying something to management. His attitude is absolutely terrible. I was so nervous in orientation, I was just concentrating on all the paperwork and policies, etc.

Quote:
Maybe you were expecting too much as a new driver.
Yeah, I was just expecting to make enough money to support my family. Silly me!! :P

Roehl isnt the worst company out there, but I certainly think where I'm at is much better.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 AM
Board Regular

Yea and how's Crete's hometime ? Not to good from what I've heard
And there equipment ? Stripped down Freightliner's

They pay okay but I don't want to stay out weeks at a time . I'll stick with my 41 cpm being off 2 or 3 days a week and home 3 or 4 nights a week .
Old 09-21-2006, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
It's the industry standard, 1 day off for six out. Roehl outright lied to me. they promised I'd be out 11 and home for 3, whatta joke!

Quote:
The only things I don't have on my truck that I had at roehl is a air suspension meter/gauge, whatever, and a bunk heater (mine was broken anyways).

Let me tell what I do have on my Crete truck that I didnt have with roehl, a condo and 2 air ride seats. Why would a company even have a rider program and give their drivers mid-roofs and 1 air ride seat?

Quote:
I'll stick with my 41 cpm being off 2 or 3 days a week and home 3 or 4 nights a week .
And I suppose yellow is the perfect company, eh? :roll:

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

They pay okay but I don't want to stay out weeks at a time . I'll stick with my 41 cpm being off 2 or 3 days a week and home 3 or 4 nights a week .
Name for me a company that pays anywhere near what Crete does yet has better trucks? To choose not to go with a company just because they don't have a drivers side fender mirror or arm rests on the passenger seat or some other silly doo dad is just plain stupid to me.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Board Regular

.41 cpm ? at Yellow Freight ? Sorry, but that is impossible. National Master Freight starting line rate is 52.5 cpm +$21.70 hourly for freight. And it's going up with another COLA adjustment soon..(unless you are a new employee@80% of full NMFA wage rate)
Old 09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Senior Board Member

seems to be some roehl bashing.
boottom line roehl is a large otr carrier that has the best hometime plan in the industry for select locations.
their pay for new drivers is nothing special but if you have some experience the pay scale is ok not great, but ok.
trucks r cheap versions just like any other large otr carrier.

seems to be an overall attitude from drivers that the carriers owe them something more then a paycheck. when you call a recruiter up and they ask you for some background info why have a hissy fit cuz you dont like the recruiters attitude so you just disregard the company, and throw away another opputunity because someone whom has never met you doesnt treat you like royalty.
where did all the common sense go
Old 09-24-2006, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_o
seems to be some roehl bashing.
No, more like roehl brain-washing.

Quote:
boottom line roehl is a large otr carrier that has the best hometime plan in the industry for select locations.
um 7 on 7 off really isnt that special unless youre satisfied with $20-25K year or are ready to retire.

Quote:
if you have some experience the pay scale is ok not great, but ok.
Try worse than average.

Quote:
trucks r cheap versions just like any other large otr carrier.
I agree.

Quote:
seems to be an overall attitude from drivers that the carriers owe them something more then a paycheck.
No I don't feel that way at all. I do feel that most of OTR drivers give alot of time away for free. I hate to sit but realize it's part of the job. I also don't appreciate a company holding my hand in every aspect of the job, like penalizing me for letting my truck roll downhill at 70MPH :roll:

Quote:
when you call a recruiter up and they ask you for some background info why have a hissy fit cuz you dont like the recruiters attitude so you just disregard the company, and throw away another opputunity because someone whom has never met you doesnt treat you like royalty.
Well if you enjoy being treated like a criminal for no reason I suppose you're in the right industry. I guess you just have to consider the source. It was a recruiter, 2 shades less than a used car salesman, and from roehl which makes it worse.

Quote:
where did all the common sense go
you tell me, driver? Don't like someone else expressing their opinion? This is America ya know?

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 09-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey Crete_drvr, just read over red rollers adios post and I noticed something you may want to point out to him next time you have a chance. Crete does not allow transferring back and forth between Shaffer and itself. They used to but not anymore. There are times when they might ask a Crete driver to run a Shaffer trailer for a while, however.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Senior Board Member

crete drvr if your only making 20/25k ayear 7/7 your on the bottom of the 7/7 list. im set to make well into the mid range closer to 35k
id suggest you try harder next time.
if with all the roehl brainwashing , horrible recruiters and worse then average pay scale which you allege then there would be no one to drive those red trucks would their.
i know ill continue to drive my poj roehl truck every other week.
how do you cunclude where did all the common sense go , you say> have a problem with people expressing themselves.
your writing sounds alot like that roehl flat bed women who made no sense either