User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default is roehl a good company

i was prehired by roehl and i was wondering if they was a good company what they have told me sounded good but like they say they all make it sound good. so if anyone that drives for them could tell me what they think that would be really helpful.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Board Regular

what time I drove for them I had no problems with them.....
and a friend drove for them until he was able to get a local job but he liked them too...
Old 09-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Roehl is a good outfit if you don't mind driving STRIPPED TO THE BONES Mid Roof tractors.Lots of layovers lately.Lots of Northeast freight.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:54 AM
Board Regular

Lots of layovers ? lol . Not for me . Most I ever waited to get dispatced in over 2 years was 15 hours . Lots od Northeast is right though . As far the tractors there stripped down like any other company . What did yours come with a fridge and cb ? didn't think so . Most of ours had all the neccasities including a bunk heater .
Old 09-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth
Lots of layovers ? lol . Not for me . Most I ever waited to get dispatced in over 2 years was 15 hours . Lots od Northeast is right though . As far the tractors there stripped down like any other company . What did yours come with a fridge and cb ? didn't think so . Most of ours had all the neccasities including a bunk heater .
The guy who ran the board for Roehl drivers quit and went to CFI due to no freight.I think his name is RED_ROLLER?
Old 09-21-2006, 01:10 AM

correction he and I both went to Crete Carrier.

copy and paste from previous post:

Roehl sucks, that's my opinion. I'm a newer driver only been driving 1 year and now I'm making .41 cents per mile (at Crete) which is roehl's top pay for van. I would have to work at roehl for 7 years to get that! I worked for them my first year and almost lost my house and cars. I worked damn hard too. Roehl claimed I'd be out for 11 days and home for 3, well in reality it was 14-18 out and 2 1/4 off, not to mention the times my hometime was interupted because they wanted me to go meet one of their drivers at a truckstop to take his load because he was "out of hours".

I don't know who these people are or what their motivation is for saying that roehl is such a great company to work for. :roll:

My dispatcher who was out of Gary, IN never answered his phone, ever. And was a complete jagoff! Thankfully he got fired. My next dispatcher damn near always answered his phone but was totally immature and threw temper tantrums. :roll: The only good, make that excellent dispatcher I had used to be a driver. I had 3 dispatchers in a little under a year.

I was talking to one of my fellow Crete drivers and he asked me what was up with roehl's recruiters. He called them to see if he could get on with roehl's 7/7 (wanted to semi-retire) and the recruiter asked him "how long you been driving and how many accidents and tickets?" the Crete driver said "17 years no tickets or accidents" the roehl recruiter replied "well give me your social and I'll pull your DAC and find out for myself, I know how you guys are...". Needless to say the driver told him to go f* himself.

Let me also tell you about this guy named Troy in Marshfield,WI he would make sexist comments toward females in my orientation class and make fun of a guy who was overweight. Totally unprofessional.

Does this sound like a company you'd wanna work for? Not me.

Heck even the guy who owns www.roehldriver.com went to drive for Crete LOL :lol:

http://www.roehldriver.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=281
Old 09-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Senior Board Member

YUP, Your correct CRETE. My mistake.Thanks.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Board Regular

Ok Crete_drvr.. you had a bad experience with a company. That doesn't mean the company is all bad. I am a new driver (9 months) but with a 25 year history in the trucking industry. My late husband drove as an OTR for 38 years both as an O/O and company. I have a good understanding of what companies expect of drivers and the shit that a driver sometimes has to put up with and I have put into action all my prior background this last 9 months. I can't expect top pay when I am still in the learning curve. Glad you have found a company that will pay you what you need to live while having only 1 year of experience. I have not had any problems with home time because I try to work with my fleet manager when it comes to scheduling. Sometimes you need to stand up to a dispatcher (doesn't matter what company it is) and not allow abuse.

Companies have a right to check DAC records. Never know what is trying to be hidden by a voice on a phone. Doesn't matter how long you have been out on the road or what track record you have companies have a right to protect themselves and insurance companies expect background checks.

Yes, I know Troy. Yes...he has a "attitude" toward women. I just avoid him. It is unfortunate that he has not been overheard by a superior but it is only time before it happens. It is your word against his at present. I agree that it doesn't look good to new people coming in but why didn't you say anything about it when you went through orientation?

I am very happy with Roehl. Have not been used or abused. They are good company. Maybe you were expecting too much as a new driver.

Soladad
Board Regular

Ok Crete_drvr.. you had a bad experience with a company. That doesn't mean the company is all bad. I am a new driver (9 months) but with a 25 year history in the trucking industry. My late husband drove as an OTR for 38 years both as an O/O and company. I have a good understanding of what companies expect of drivers and the shit that a driver sometimes has to put up with and I have put into action all my prior background this last 9 months. I can't expect top pay when I am still in the learning curve. Glad you have found a company that will pay you what you need to live while having only 1 year of experience. I have not had any problems with home time because I try to work with my fleet manager when it comes to scheduling. Sometimes you need to stand up to a dispatcher (doesn't matter what company it is) and not allow abuse.

Companies have a right to check DAC records. Never know what is trying to be hidden by a voice on a phone. Doesn't matter how long you have been out on the road or what track record you have companies have a right to protect themselves and insurance companies expect background checks.

Yes, I know Troy. Yes...he has a "attitude" toward women. I just avoid him. It is unfortunate that he has not been overheard by a superior but it is only time before it happens. It is your word against his at present. I agree that it doesn't look good to new people coming in but why didn't you say anything about it when you went through orientation?

I am very happy with Roehl. Have not been used or abused. They are good company. Maybe you were expecting too much as a new driver.

Soladad
Board Regular

Soladad