User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Apparently Schneider is having a problem with Drivers quiting after 12 months. This must be their way to improve driver retention...Pretty Sad.
I have been with Schneider for 6 mos and my contract is for 12 months.
I found this site because I am considering a move after 12 months. They have great freight if you team but are unable to get you home.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Rookie

I drive for schneider. Truck 59774. I teamed the first month and had a terrible partner so i went solo. I founda dedicated account that i liked. I run procter and gamble dedicated. I get between 2700-3300 miles a week and i get home every otherweekend. I have had no problems getting home. It really depends on your stl. My TE had the same stl i have and she has been with them 6 years. But whatever you do make sure you get on a dedicated account. Do not accept system. System pays higher but miles are screwy. As low as 1300 a week. But there are so many dedicated it isnt funny. Some buddies run dedicated JC penny out of atlanta. They are home every day and weekends. They are paid salary since its all short hauls. They make 750 a week before taxes. Thats not bad for a job you get home that much on. Only downside is its night runs.
I started with schneider in march and it was only 12 month contract then i have heard nothing about 18 month so i dont know. But like i said it all depends on The STL dif ones pay you slightly diff since they handle the pay. Like my old team stl did not pay layover for 34 hour resets. Brandi does. I am 1 who doesnt like to stop when i star driving so i normally runout of hours in 5 days get a layoverday paid and still get to run another day on that weeks check. then i am running out of hours again right as i go home. Hometime again depends on the stl i run 12 days take 3 off some stls only give 1 day per week your out some give 6 days a month.

For a starter company there are much much worse choices out there. As far as equipment. Thats only sore spot i have. A month after i started they switched to automatics for new drivers. I have a 02 truck with 600k runs great just beat a bit from prior drivers. But they are giving brandnew automatics to students and replacing their older company rucks at amuch slower rate. Even so am due anew tractor in febuary so long as nothing happens to this 1.

As far as oc's go I have only seen 1 other companies oc's and Schneider has those beat by far. Most of our oc's are nicerthan the average truckstop by far. Complete with small weight rooms. The bulk oc's (tanker div) theirs are alittle less impressive but they areallowed to use van oc's so is no big deal.

Ok complaints now so i give both sides of the story.
Like i said my tractor is a bit old andhad some problems. Mainence did not want to fix those becuase of it being close to trade in i had to talk to a safety rep to get maintence to do anything. But once safety rep told them to do it they fixed every issue i had with it. Mainence also depends on what oc you go to. Like atlana is worthless as is saint louis. Evergreen is freakin awesome. They are like mcguiver or someshit. I have never had them complain or make me wait for parts.

Directions+ they use maptoit and needless to say they are severely lacking. But they also have whats called old scn directions which were wroe by drivers and you can send in requests to have them changed if somehing changes. Old sni dirctionsare local only so u gotta get to the city first. Between the 2 sets of directions and a atlas have very few probs.

Pay is somewhat less than other companies. I started at 27c i just got my first raise at 6 months to 29c and in march i get anoher 2 c rais to 31c There is also rumors of a 2c raice across the Board i hope so. System does pay 2c amile more but i hate liveloads. The account i run i 90% drop hook. (This is from experince over last 5 months) So i consider the 2 cent cu worth it.

2cd and 3rd Shift are worthless. If you want something done make sure its done on first shift or call 2-3 and tell them step by step what needs to happen.

The free wireless internet in oc's isnt in all the oc;s yet only greenbay and3 others i not sure which.( i use a broadband cingularcard)

We dont get to keep our fuelcard points from pilots and ta's and petro like other drivers.

Hmm thats all i can think of for now if i rember anything esle i will edit. But i should go to bed. Hope this helps .
Old 10-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Board Regular

Schneider is having a job fair soon. I plan on attending. See whats goin on.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Board Regular

Its still only 1 year. I think thats the way it should be anyway.