User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Keenan Advantage Group cryogenic division company driver winter 2013 - 2014

Keenan Advantage Group cryogenic division

They run under all these names and more Transport Service Company, Jack B. Kelley, Petro-Chemical Transport, Klemm, Cryogenic Transportation inc, KAG West, Distech Inc.

I filled out for KAG cryogenic directly. They called me yesterday needing a couple more things. Probably hear back next week from them. I put desired salary as $70k minimum. Very High dollar cryogenic loads, Clean work is about all I've been told so far.

Anyone have and recent current info on what they're paying and work environment. Only recent facts for winter of 2013 going into 2014. Pay, work environment for solo company and team regional drivers.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Rookie

Cryogenic Transportation inc called me back today Dec 13, 2013 with an actual job offer. I was excited and happy to finally hear what they had to offer but not for long. What they do mostly according to him is work as a backup. They offer services when companies that are in the cryo industry have a truck and or trailers (equipment failure) break down or just can't run for whatever reason they haul for them. You may be sent out to a particular location for a few days to a few weeks.

I had put on the application regional, minimum $70k and apparently they missed the $70k part. He said from Lexington, Ky (my location) I'd be out 2-3 weeks at a time but they always try to get their drivers in within the end of 3 weeks.

He said their pay is in no way guaranteed but the average driver right now is grossing $1,000 per week. He said you may drive 150 miles per day or 600 miles per day. I told him for me to give up my current gig and do this I'd have to have $70-75k and he said one driver was making this amount so it was possible but for me he'd already killed it with the company average.

Oh well. The search continues.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Board Regular

They pay crap..Basically. They will run you to death and their "benefits" suck. I have worked for Linde a long time now, but will be leaving shortly. The micromanagement and related BS has just gone to the extreme. DriveCam, PeopleNet, EXTREME micromanagement has drivers fleeing Linde for a less stressful workplace. And the "carriers" (Like KAG) are no better.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred View Post
They pay crap..Basically. They will run you to death and their "benefits" suck. I have worked for Linde a long time now, but will be leaving shortly. The micromanagement and related BS has just gone to the extreme. DriveCam, PeopleNet, EXTREME micromanagement has drivers fleeing Linde for a less stressful workplace. And the "carriers" (Like KAG) are no better.
Not rying to start anything just genuinely curious why guys "retire" then go work somewhere else for less pay. Wouldn't you have been better off not retiring from UPS? In other words wouldnt you make more overall by still working at UPS?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
Not rying to start anything just genuinely curious why guys "retire" then go work somewhere else for less pay. Wouldn't you have been better off not retiring from UPS? In other words wouldnt you make more overall by still working at UPS?
Ummmm, it's called "divorce and alimony"..I did my time at Brown. And it was time to move on. Less than 10 months, alimony done, and I am officially OUT of the trucking business..And FYI Snowman, Linde (at the union yards) does have a pay and benefit package quite similar to Brown. KAG and CTI and JBK are a whole different animal. I had maxed out my pension contribution and I moved out of the Inland Empire after the divorce. I got the condo in Incline Village and she got the SoCal house..Good for her. I should post her numerous dating website profile links, you might have a good laugh.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Yeah just trying to understand the logic. I hear people say they want to retire and get a different job. To me if I have one of the highest paying jobs out there why leave to work somewhere else with less pay and seniority. But then I started too old to max out the pension benefit. I guess if it were maxed out and I hated them enough but still wanted to work I could see it. I hate UPS too but the devil I know may be better then the one I dont. I try to keep in mind the pay and bennies are great and try to be proud of where I work but these people make it hard to do that. Now to retire and work part time I understand that. I guess if things changed after retiring, IE divorce, that makes sense too. By my calculations I have 11 years to retirement and look forward to the day I don't have to answer to anyone. If I could do it sooner I would. I always listen to people's strategies to try and find a better way.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by feederfred View Post
I filled out for Linde over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard a word back yet.