central ref 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

if you go w/ central try to get Lisa Busch as your fleet manager if its miles your after i mean running hard she will keep your lease truck moving! not much time for eating or sleeping and barley time to take shower(lol) but you will make some $$$. i quit em as a company driver cause i was going to kill myself or somebody running that hard worked close to 100 hrs a week just trying to make there just in time appointments! but outside of that central was a good company for me. i just don't dig reefers and sitting and the docks 4 to 6 hours some cases 12 hrs at every load or unload app. bol londog71
Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 AM
Rookie

as far as Willis Shaw I'd stay away from them! their equipment is old and they don't take care of any of their equipment!i know two drivers who worked for them for years and loved them and now they flew that chicken coupe cause of new management!one went to Crete and the other tri-ad running hazmat,
londog71
,g
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteknight
none, go with Willis Shaw express
Old 03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Rookie

to late start school 3-22-06 for WSE i can go 1 year if it's bad then i will move on they are telling me 7,8, days out 2 home,if you know more good or bad like to hear from you
Old 03-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Pretty much like any company that has multiple terminals with shops, WSE has its good ones who will do good work maintaining and fixing the equipment and others who can not seem to install a new pair of wiper blades correctly.

I know a few people who either currently work there or have worked there and the only complaints I have heard from them is about getting stuck at one of those bad company shops. Beyond that they say they were or are being treated fairly well and get plenty of miles.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Rookie

OF COURSE THEIR TELLING U 7/8 DAYS OUT LOL TRY 21 DAYS OUT AND BROKE DOWN NOT GETTING ANY MILES,THAT WAS THE REASON THE TWO FRIENDS OF MINE LEFT THEM ONE WORKED FOR THEM 9 YRS THE OTHER 7 1/2 YRS, I WAS GOING TO GO W/ THEM UNTIL THEY TOLD ME ABOUT THE CRAPPY USED EQUIPMENT THEY WE'RE BUYING THAT'S THE ONLY KNOCK THEY HAD THEY LIKED EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT SHAW BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOUR BROKE DOWN BECAUSE OF WORE DOWN EQUIP. THEN YOUR NOT MAKING ANY $$$ .OH JUST THOUGHT ABOUT SOMEONE WHO WORKED FOR WILLIS SHAW U COULD ASK ON THE WEB, TRUCKER TOM WILES CLICK ON THIS LINK AND HE'LL ANSWER ANY WILLIS SHAW ?
http://www.truckerphoto.com/blog1.htm
Old 03-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I chose Landstar. However, you are forced into a postion where you MUST be an owner operator, as with the other companies mentioned, you can start as a company driver.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Board Regular

Willis Shaw , I drove for them for 6 months to start off my driving career , wouldn't reccomend them . There euipment was a joke , I broke down 11 times in 4 months solo . Was out for a month at a time , making a quarter a mile , and never got more then 10,000 mile in a month . Positives were long trips out west and very little northeast .