Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Drivers for Hire (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-drivers-hire-103/)
-   -   20 yr Driver seeks regional SW (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-drivers-hire/34153-20-yr-driver-seeks-regional-sw.html)

asltrfl 06-05-2008 02:44 AM

20 yr Driver seeks regional SW

Hi, I have been driving for 20 years, half that time in flatbeds. Perfect driving, criminal, safety, drug record. I have always been able to find jobs with small owner-operators which is what I prefer. I need to be home weekends in Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 I am squarely between L.A. Las Vegas, and Phoenix. I have family now and as I get older I need weekends home with them. I prefer 11 western States, will not run with qualcomm or a truck turned down under the speed limit. I know this sounds arrogant, but I am good. I'm a trained mechanic, clean-cut, educated, and have common sense. I have never failed an inspection, got a ticket, or even put a scratch in a big truck...all this with over 2,000,000 verifiable miles! I know my way around every Western city, have been to most every shipper and receiver that deals with vans and flats, and I have a pleasant personality that gets me in and out in a hurry. I have only missed two appointments in 20 years due to traffic/sleep issues. All the good guys seem to be going out of business due to fuel and cheap freight. If you need a great solo, clean, take care of equipment guy, let me know.

I don't hang out a truck stops, bring my dog, cat, bird, snake, girlfriend, wife, friend, or hitch-hiker in the truck with me. I don't park in rest areas, no parking zones, fire lanes, next to someone's house with the engine running or Wal-Mart parking lots. I don't throw map books, cigarette packs, envelopes, candy wrappers and napkins on the dashboard. I don't put bumper stickers all over the side of the truck to let others know my opinion. I don't add 5000 watt inverters, radio amplifiers, stereo amps, radar detectors, coffee makers or 12 cubic foot refridgerators to the truck. I don't get the truck stuck in the mud, snow, rain, or rocks. Yes, I have been stuck before, but I've always found a way out without calling a wrecker.

I do shower daily or at least every other day if I am REALLY busy. I do check the tires, brakes, belts, fluid levels, lights, fire extinguisher and hoses every day. I do keep my logbook completely current at ALL times, even if it means extra time to do it. I always drive 5mph over the speed limit up to 70 then follow the limit. I always look a mile ahead for traffic conditions. I try to drive at night whenever possible. I always look for the cheapest fuel prices. I always know which mile marker I am near. I always leave my cb on and know where the speed traps are. I am always courteous to others, I don't get mad at traffic, flip people off, cuss on the radio, or cause trouble. I do help others with directions and in an emergency I will stop to help. I buy my daughter a post card at almost every truck stop I go to, and take cell phone pictures of heavy weather for my son. I am relaxed, effiecient, and good at this job.

Thanks for your consideration, Sean James ([email protected]) 928-486-3265