User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb CDL Permit - No Experience

Don't dump on me I know I am putting the cart before the horse.

I have applied for a WIOA Training and have been given funds to go to school. Good deal so I thought but the counselor assigned to my case is moving slow. I was told over 6+ weeks ago I would be in school in 2 weeks.

I have my CDL Permit in hand and would like to get some experience as I wait for the WIOA funds. Most of the jobs out there want 120+ hours training, still planning to go to Trucking school. I will not sign a contract. Swift don't respond. I have been assured the funds are there just arriving slow.

I am in Los Angeles area and if I can be home at the end of the day I will work for the experience only. I am over 25 way over, male and non-smoker. Don't want to be in a truck full of smoke. If you have something that includes me getting driving experience let me know. I will give you 2 days a week until my school starts.

PS I know this is a big ask, just thought I would put it out there.

I am also researching jobs after I have my CDL in hand. So if you are offering jobs for someone fresh out of school send me this info too. I will have my CDL in few weeks I hope.

Thank you,
Old 10-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Rookie
Default Thank you for looking

Start School next week. The Counselor finished the app today.

Still looking for the right Trucking Company to start my driving career with.

So if you hire recent grads I would be happy to hear from you.

Based in Los Angeles.
No CDL Experience.
Drivers record Clean last 10+ years.
Hard working with years of diving in Los Angeles Traffic.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Senior Board Member

You should start NOW and do so by looking and applying right from this site, find some companies that will take trainees and apply they will send you a letter of acceptance (if you met the requirements) and then you decide what one you want to work for.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington