User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default New Orleans area driver, 38 yrs exp, Haz, Tank, Dbl & Trip, TWIC

Hi,
I am a 38 year veteran driver with more than 5 million safe miles. I am looking for stable work with a company that appreciates their drivers. I can fill in for drivers on vacation, do tractor recovery, or whatever you might need. I am good for about 4-8 weeks out at a time, and I do run holidays with no special home requirements. I'm NOT interested in big companies who abuse and underpay their drivers, nor am I a lumper! If you're paying over $0.45/mile, read on, here's my bio:

I am 56 years old and I got my class 1 (class A now) in 1977. From 1977 to 1979, I ran a tanker for S&S Oil, delivering in New York City, the five boroughs and Long Island. In 1979, I went to work for 4 Seasons Greenhouses (Working team with an O/O) in Huntington, NY. The load was always 45K lbs. of greenhouses to Ontario, CA, and then drop & hook a trailer of raw glass for the trip back. I stayed with 4 Seasons until 1988 and my partner and I ran about 3 million safe (no accidents) miles before he retired. In May of 1988, I moved to New Orleans and took a regional job with Tic-Tok trucking running power transformers (flatbed) from New Orleans to Texas and over to Florida. In 1991, the parent company for Tic-Tok (Clark College of Harvey Inc.) asked me to come to work at their driver training school. From 1991 to 1994, I worked at the school in a few different positions, from backing range instructor all the way up to, and finally director of driver training. The school closed in mid-1993 due to financial aid problems, and my employment ended in early 1994. The director of the school gave me a certified letter of recommendation. In 1994, I went to work at American Eagle Lines (FFE, Conwell Corp, now KLLM) in Lancaster, TX, running dry freight in the lower 48, Mexico and Canada. In 1998, I took an RV vacation for two years. I went back to American Eagle in 2000 and stayed there until mid-2003 -- I drove over 700,000 safe miles with AEL total. In May of 2003, I took a local job with FX Motors in New Orleans and stayed with them until last December when they closed their freight forwarding division.

I have a recent long form DOT physical, Hazmat, doubles & Triples and Tanker endorsements, as well as a current TWIC card and US Passport, and I am drug, tobacco and alcohol free and have a clean copy of my DAC in hand. I have only gotten two equipment tickets in the last 38 years and I have never been in an "at-fault" accident. I have had only two CMV accidents, both in truck stops while I was off duty, not driving (Hit by others parking) and I am honest and dependable, never been arrested. I fully understand the Hours of Service laws, and I have my own e-logs to ensure 100% compliance at all times, even if the delivery demands "creative logging". I am experienced at both Qualcomm and e-logs.

If you are looking for tractor recovery, I will charge a flat $600, on 1099, plus the load @ $0.45/loaded/mile (if it needs to be delivered), plus expenses for regular work.
If you need a recovery agent, I can be on-24-call for $900/wk, flat rate, plus expenses (no load charge).

I have a GOOGLE VOICE phone number setup especially for my job wanted postings; the number is 504-233-4509.
Leave a voice message and Google will transcribe it into a text message and send it to me. You can also text this number if you wish.

EDIT: For full disclosure, I had open heart surgery in 2013 but went back to work after 45 days. I have a current DOT physical and clearance from my heart clinic which I have to get renewed every six months and I have no further incidents. If your company requires their own physical, please check with them before contacting me, as many clinics will NOT clear a former heart patient.

Last edited by OriginalBigFoot; 02-04-2015 at 07:13 PM.