User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default i need a truck to retest with

Hello to all.
my name is David Jerrolds and I have a couple questions, first, I just got released from prison ( NOV 30, 2011), after doing 2 yrs. for theft by deception which I took the charge for a female to keep her from going to jail,(yes it was stupid) since i was locked up my CDL expired and i dont know anyone with their own truck so i can retest. Can anyone direct me on how to get a truck to retest with, and can i find work? I would like to say that if anyone would allow me to drive for them, they wouldnt regret hireing me. I love to drive truck, I am not married, no kids, and dont worry about home time.Trucking is in my family and that is all I ever done. I drove illegaly when i was 18yrs old with family then in 2000 i got my CDL and been driving ever since.my driving record is clean no wrecks never late on a load, if anything i like to be early. I really want to get back behind the wheel a.s.a.p. if i can find some help with my problems, any and all comments are welcome. I do live in Cabot, Arkansas. Will do what ever is necessary to get back on the road, even relocate. May everyone have blessings in what ever they do. I am also 41 yrs old. God bless you and yours. David Jerrolds
Old 02-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You may check to see if there is a school near you that will rent you one of their trucks to test. I know some in Texas that will rent their trucks for testing. I think that you may find it difficult to get on with most of the major carriers due to the short time since your conviction. Once you get your license back you may check with some of the smaller carriers to see if they can over look the past and give you an opportunity. There could be one that would help you get your CDL back. In fact, you might be able to take the test with a dump truck and trailer. I recall someone posting that on another forum that he got his in that manner.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Rookie
Default Job Available

Dear David Jerrolds,

Since there is no telephone number, I am unable to contact you directly on phone. I am an O/O looking for a driver. We operate Refer 53' trailer from East coast (NJ area) to Southern West coast.

I do not have any suggestions on how you can get a truck to retest on, but if you call me, I can possibly arrange a job for you

Jay Chopra
Kash Chopra Logistix
908 578 0934
[email protected]