Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Who has Sirius and who has XM ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/8296-who-has-sirius-who-has-xm.html)

allenvw 05-03-2005 12:55 AM

Who has Sirius and who has XM ?

SIRIUS = 1
XM = 0
If you have XM, Will you change to Sirius because of Nascar, NFL, Stern and so on?

I have Sirius and love it. I also own shares of Sirius stock. Symbol = SIRI . price as of 5-2-05 is $4.98 a share. I think it will be $10.00 a share by end of 05 and much higher in 3 to 5 years.

Please keep a running count, IE: Sirius 1 for first post and 2 for second post, etc,etc.......... I am number 1 for this post.

Please do the same for XM

NASCAR may come to Sirius in 06 and not in 07 from what i read and heard.

floydiandays 05-03-2005 12:57 AM

I don't have either but I'd go with Sirius.

TruckinRanger 05-03-2005 01:35 PM

I'm sticking with XM because in 2007 they get NFL. Now they have college sports, MLB, Nascar, better line up of talk radio hosts even though I'm quite upset by them taking off Dave Ramsey and Michael Savage.

allenvw 05-03-2005 03:50 PM

Sirius has NFL until at least 2010.

NEW YORK - December 16, 2003 - The National Football League and SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced a seven-year agreement for SIRIUS to broadcast all NFL games live nationwide, and for SIRIUS to become the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the National Football League, with exclusive rights to use the NFL "shield" logo and collective NFL team trademarks.

http://www.shareholder.com/sirius/Re...leaseID=152378

yoopr 05-03-2005 10:07 PM

xm all the way

icedad 05-06-2005 10:04 PM

I've had Sirius for the past year and I'm satisfied.

Funk Humor 05-07-2005 11:46 AM

How easy is it to install and unistall? would you recommend these for a company driver?

TruckinRanger 05-07-2005 12:53 PM

Funk they are very easy to install. Just mount it where you want it in the truck. Plug in it in the Cigarette lighter or push it in the tape deck, mount the magnetic antenna (or you could by one that mounts on your mirror) Make sure you've activated your service and waala you have satelitte radio.

Funk Humor 05-07-2005 08:03 PM

Thanks.

floydiandays 05-07-2005 08:16 PM

If I remember correctly, Sirius doesn't use a tape deck adapter, it works through FM. Almost got it one time just for the Pamela Anderson cutout. She woulda been sweet mounted on the front of the truck. *RUNS*

icedad 05-07-2005 09:45 PM

[quote="floydiandays"]If I remember correctly, Sirius doesn't use a tape deck adapter, it works through FM. Almost got it one time just for the Pamela Anderson cutout. She woulda been sweet mounted on the front of the truck. *RUNS*

They do have a cassette adapter. Sometimes the signal on those low freqs are used by colleges and high schools and they will overpower the satellite signal. Use the adapter and problem is solved. Now if they would make a cd adapter, I'd be happy.

allenvw 05-08-2005 12:40 AM

Hello Funk

I've had Sirius for about 1 1/2 years and love it. I hate listening to FM now. I drive for Big R for 15 years now. My Sirius goes back and forth from the car and truck when ever I work. I also use it on my home stereo. The best thing is to have a cradle for each use then you just have to move the tuner from one to the other. There are many brands of Sirius for sale. I have one of the first brands, Audiovox PNP2. Sirius is coming out with a unit shortly before Fathers day. It will have recording like an MP3 player. I don't know what the cost will be. My guest is between 200 and 300.00 a unit. Here are ways that u can hook them up.

GOOD 1.) Set it up to work with the FM signal. If u get static on 1 Feq, change feq on the tuner and Radio. This is the poorest setup but works fine for me. Also lower you FM antenna if you can.

BETTER 2.) Use the cassette adapter if you have a cassette player. Even if you buy an old cheap one, that would work great.

BEST 3.) Wire it direct. I have not done it like this yet. I would need to find out how at Sirius.com or one of the blogs for Sirius.

If you like NFL, The sportster has an alert for when your team is coming on for what ever reason.

Also Sirius will be getting NASCAR in 07. I hear they may get them in 06, I hope so.

Howard Stern will be big when he starts on 1/1/2006

I hope this helps you.

Wolfman

allenvw 05-08-2005 12:57 AM

Here is a link to Sirius with $50.00 off of on different units.

https://home.sirius.com/webDUWI/HomePage.aspx

yoopr 05-08-2005 01:48 AM

Howard Stern is a Sure reason not to get it :evil:

susansmith 05-09-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floydiandays
If I remember correctly, Sirius doesn't use a tape deck adapter, it works through FM. Almost got it one time just for the Pamela Anderson cutout. She woulda been sweet mounted on the front of the truck. *RUNS*

Depends on the radio. My radio uses a tape adapter.

I chose Sirius because it has 2 NPR stations and a PRI station. The musics choice are OK and the comedy channels also. But mostly, I do NPR.

I chose the radio I did because it was sold on their web site and they had a deal where you buy a radio and a yar's sub and get a $30 rebate... and the radio itself was only $70 and came with both car and home docking stations.

I *love* my Sirius... can't imagine driving all day without it.

warsaw 06-11-2005 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr

I hate Stern ,,,Id like to beat him in the face with a fricken brick :twisted:

06-11-2005 11:22 PM

I have sirius. Very easy to install and use. And as to the other channels sometimes taking over. You can always go into the menu and change the frequency settings.

One 07-10-2005 05:29 PM

I'm not too interested in the Sports, but more in international NEWS and Internetional Sports...Formula1 for sports, and BBC news for eg.
Also I like world music, music from different countries...VARIETY!!!

I dont care about the bloody domestic sports! I dont want 5 rockstations etc.
I need VARIETY!!!!!

Who offers more?? Pls help

yoopr 07-10-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warsaw
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr

I hate Stern ,,,Id like to beat him in the face with a fricken brick :twisted:

The line form behind me

sssheapaul 07-16-2005 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One

I need VARIETY!!!!!

I have XM, and I know people who have Sirius. From what i hear, XM music has more variety (goes a little 'deeper', more obscure stuff) Sirius' music is more 'hit' oriented.

Personally I have Grown rather fond of the 'Opie and Anthony' show ... So i would never switch! (XM is also about 1 yr ahead of Sirius' technology)

preterist70 07-25-2005 02:56 AM

I have both. Started with XM, got Sirius later. Sirius is better for music, XM much better for talk. As someone pointed out, XM has a wider variety of music, but Sirius has more of each general genre. So if you like, say, classic rock, on Sirius, you'll have about 5 channels you can switch between to find something you like.

I was going to drop XM and keep Sirius, but then XM got major league baseball, and I got an MP3 player, so I don't need Sirius' music. And the upcoming presence of Howard Stern gives me another reason to cancel it.

XM has Steve Sommers' show, and Phil Hendrie, who makes my sides hurt from laughing. Yeah, if I were to cancel one, and I probably will, it will be Sirius.

LilBit 07-25-2005 03:06 AM

We have xm, he told me he wanted it for the weather/driving conditions channels, lol.........I found it was due to the NASCAR coverage........it's all good though, there is a great variety of programming on there and very rarely do we loose signal on it, we switched over our credit card a few months ago and were without it for about a full day during the transition of payment methods for it we really found out just how much we enjoy having it in here and not digging for cd's or trying to tune into another channel every so many miles, so nice to be able to listen to the same program if you choose to for the full length of it and not have to worry about driving out of the stations range anymore :)

We've thought about running both of them, I hear there are different city listings on each one, the reason I think it would beneficial, he is looking more at the larger variety of programming all together we'd have with them both and for the amount of time we stay out it'd make sense to have a variety too :)

overweight 09-25-2005 04:01 PM

I have sirius I love it.

Hawg_Sack 10-13-2005 03:06 AM

The only reason TO GO to Sirius WOULD BE Stern....

Nascar...XM's got it with in car radio....
MLB....XM's got it....
Traffic....bla bla bla

One is just about the same as the other. Check out the line up and see which one suits you, then buy that one.

What's good for one isn't always good for another.....

Toothpick 10-14-2005 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One
I'm not too interested in the Sports, but more in international NEWS and Internetional Sports...Formula1 for sports, and BBC news for eg.

I need VARIETY!!!!!

Oh boy...another one of these self-loathing people who prefers to delude themselves and become guilt ridden by paranoid Marxist and anti-American screeds. Believe it or not, but capitalist Americans are not resource greedy environment haters, are not overly aggressive business competitors with win at all cost and at the expense of the rest of the world mentalities, we are not warmongers trying to corner the world's oil supply, and we are not the root cause of all evils in the world with the possible exception of the evil Jews in Israel even though we are universally portrayed that way by those envious Eurocentric BBC idiots. Oh yeah...and Islamofascism is not just a figment of Americans and Jews minds. To the contrary, America is the greatest, most compassionate and helpful country in the world, and no other country even remotely approaches our greatness or our generosity, thanks very much. Now hows that for a dose of reality and the truth?

Oh yeah...I have Sirius because I'm a big NCAA College Football fan and Sirius has Rivals Radio and way more NCAA College Football coverage than XM. I also listen to a lot of talk radio and Fox News because unlike the guy above, I like listening to the truth.

SenorFrog 10-25-2005 07:25 PM

There's only one way to know whether Sirius, XM, both, or neither :shock: is good for you:

1) Print out the XM Channel Guide
2) Print out the Sirius Channel Guide
3) Look at them side-by-side and choose based on your own personal criteria/taste.

I'm personally slanted to XM because Sirius has some channels in *not* interested in.

OverTheRoad 10-25-2005 08:14 PM

I have Sirius. I don't care about Stern. I listen to him maybe once a month. That's enough for me.

Xaat Xuun 01-16-2006 01:26 PM

Sirius here. well in my jeep
not sure which or what I'll get once I start driving

crazytex 01-21-2006 07:20 AM

I'm XM ATW-all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont listen to Stern or any of that kinda stuff...what I'm interested is in industry news and thanks to Mack,BOZ, Steve, Bubba Bo and Nemo, along with "Landline Now" ... I have a business to run and I like to stay current on what is going on....

Sirius has the "Midnite Trucking" and then plays old syndicated's of Bozo...

NO THANKS