Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   CRST Good company or not? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/42524-crst-good-company-not.html)

SkoalBandit 05-13-2012 12:12 AM

CRST Good company or not?

Whats your thoughts? I start with them next week.

Amie 05-22-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkoalBandit (Post 511325)
Whats your thoughts? I start with them next week.

when you find out, Please let us know ;)

Safe Travels

ground_pounder 05-25-2012 03:21 PM

i don't know. when i applied with em they told me they only ran teams. not knowing if team or solo driving is your thing or not. if solo driving is your thing don't bother. as i myself would prefer to sleep sitting still and not hitting every pot hole listening to the cb blairing and the radio and depending on the persons experiance holding on for dear life. things can get cramped in your mobile bilboard and seek someone with similar and personality as team driving is like being married as you'll be stuck with each other.

syl77dar 12-29-2012 03:42 AM

AWFUL COMPANY!!! NEVER GO THERE!!! AWFUL TRUCKS AND TRAILERS!!! RUN DON'T WALK DON'T GO THERE!~!!! I worked once for them the man would only pee and poop in baggies in back of truck and dispose of them, he would never use a public bathroom. But trucks are in bad shape and CRST just bough all of Schneiders old trailers! CRST is always stopped at the weigh stations and hassled due to bad equipment!!!

ZRT Unit1 01-17-2013 12:44 AM

I start their driving school next week in IA so I hope they're good there. Kind of nervous.

KCS 01-22-2013 11:40 PM

hey rookie, good luck, I am starting to talk with them, so let me know out here how it goes,, best of luck

syl77dar 01-23-2013 02:42 AM

NOT!!! RUN do not walk!!! Get a better schooling place! Not Swift either! Like Gordon Trucking Industry or check with your own unemployment vocational rehabilitation office for free trucking school! I went to Fort Scott Community College and they have a great course!!! Check with them now!~!

Copperhead 03-06-2013 10:23 AM

I live in Central Iowa and run primarily the upper Midwest. I have been around and dealt with CRST for quite a few years. The van side is really a loser. The CRST Malone flat side is not bad. Some of the worse drivers, taking some of wildest chances I have seen are sitting in CRST van trucks. I have talked with a few of them while at customers, and I truly feel sorry for those guys. I have gleaned enough over the years to know that I would not consider them under any circumstances. But to each his own. If you are looking for something good, including the training, go somewhere else. Otherwise, you will pay for in for a long, long time in having to learn the right way to do things, as well as most likely be happier somewhere else. I hate to see a newby get shackled into a bad carrier starting out and not get a proper start in this business.