Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Best Class 8 truck (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/4144-best-class-8-truck.html)

Barnstormer 08-10-2004 11:04 PM

Best Class 8 truck

I'm just curious to see who you all think makes the best Class 8 truck? (The best truck I ever drove was a 2002 Kenworth T800.)

Ironturkey 08-11-2004 07:15 AM

I liked the superliner best truck I ever drove. It was low on the power side with just a 350, but it had that mack 12spd with 5 reverse speeds. Which was a lifesaver while sittin at a RXR crossing one night watching a slow moving train derail in front me :shock:

solo379 08-14-2004 12:21 AM

For me, it's always my current truck! :lol: Used to be 96 Volvo, now 05 KW T600! 8)

PAB 08-15-2004 01:39 AM

Whats the deal, 50 views and 7 votes? And I thought truckers were opinionated. :D

I voted for the Pete, Its gonna be my next truck. :D :D :D :D

littleman2 08-15-2004 07:10 PM

well I don't care for the frieght shakers drove one to many to know I would never buy one. I do like the kenworth w900l

kenworth75 08-18-2004 02:37 AM

DUH!!!!

Montara 08-20-2004 05:59 AM

In this order and these models only

Kenworth.... W900
Peterbilt....... 379
Western Star 4900EX
Freightliner.... Classic

Also Rans
International..... No thanks
Mack....... Nice truck...

Sincerely 26 years ago.

From the list of BWAHAHAAHA, why are these two even mentioned?

Sterling.....Once formally known as Ford. They died when they stopped producing the LTL 9000
Volvo........ Well, I suppose if you were desperate enough.

NAH.... I'd rather dig ditches than drive junk.

solo379 08-21-2004 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montara
In this order and these models only

Kenworth.... W900
Peterbilt....... 379
Western Star 4900EX
Freightliner.... Classic

Also Rans
International..... No thanks
Mack....... Nice truck...

Sincerely 26 years ago.

From the list of BWAHAHAAHA, why are these two even mentioned?

Sterling.....Once formally known as Ford. They died when they stopped producing the LTL 9000
Volvo........ Well, I suppose if you were desperate enough.

NAH.... I'd rather dig ditches than drive junk.

Nice show truck! Wonder, if fuel milege, with this "box" 3-4mpg!? At the current fuel prices, at 120k miles a year 1mpg difference, will save, or cost you about 6-7 grand! I'm in this business for the money, not for show! As of to Volvo vs KW, or Pete- they all made from the same components, specs, is more importend, than brand! I bought my 96 (old model) Volvo brand new, put 962k on it w/o problem, still had clutch, and rear brakes, original, sold it this year, and it still running! The only reason i bought KW now, cause they don't make Volvo with CAT'S, anymore! 8)

Montara 08-21-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo379
Nice show truck! Wonder, if fuel milege, with this "box" 3-4mpg!? At the current fuel prices, at 120k miles a year 1mpg difference, will save, or cost you about 6-7 grand! I'm in this business for the money, not for show! As of to Volvo vs KW, or Pete- they all made from the same components, specs, is more importend, than brand! I bought my 96 (old model) Volvo brand new, put 962k on it w/o problem, still had clutch, and rear brakes, original, sold it this year, and it still running! The only reason i bought KW now, cause they don't make Volvo with CAT'S, anymore! 8)

Fuel mileage would be 5.2 MPG.

Each to their own I suppose. If you're happy purchasing a truck that has a resale value comparitive to an Edsel.... then by all means, go ahead and choose a polish peterbuilt.

solo379 08-21-2004 04:23 PM

Are you saing, that "brick wall", getting 5.2mpg averege!? :shock: I mean running loaded, at hiway speed? What kind of specs it got? And about "resale" value! Two things to consider. First, you usualy, pay upfront, an average 20 grand, plus interest, just for the name! And at the point of sale, you get some of it back! :sad: :D Second- with a fuel milege, of this truck, and my "polish peterbilt" :D (T600), in a five years period, i'll pocket another 50 grand, in a fuel cost! Like i said, i'm here for the money! 8)