Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Which bank do you use? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/37777-bank-do-you-use.html)

Ford390pwr 05-02-2009 12:39 AM

Which bank do you use?

I need to get an account with a larger bank that will have more ATM's available while I am on the road. I am looking at Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Washington Mutual. In my research they all offer a free checking account with no monthly service fee.
WAMU says they will not charge an ATM fee, but the ATM owner may. B of A and Fargo both have an ATM fee for non branch ATM's.

I will have direct deposit and do a lot of online banking. Never really use any checks but use my Debit/Credit Card for everything!

So are there ATM's available at TS's for any of these banks? I know that all three of these banks have branches across the United States.

Syncrosonix 05-02-2009 12:46 AM

i use bank of america. been a loyal customer of theirs since late 2000.

Phantom433a 05-02-2009 02:31 AM

yup, Bank of America....since 05, family has been with them since.....let's see Mom is in her early 60's....so when dinos walked?

thebaldeagle655 05-02-2009 02:37 AM

Don't confine yourself to the big boys. I use a small home-town bank that offers a no-minimum balance account that as long as I have at least 1 direct deposit, 1 on-line payment from their service (free) and at least 15 Debit Card Transactions they pay 4.01 percent on the balance as well as refund all ATM fees reguardless of what bank the ATM is from.

Haven't found a big boy bank that can match that!

Mackman 05-02-2009 06:44 AM

Sun East Federal Credit Union
www.suneast.org

Been with them since i was 14 so around 1998.

matcat 05-02-2009 12:34 PM

I use prepaid debit cards ;) Direct depositable, online banking tools, anyone can go to just about any convince store and buy a reload card and give me the number so they can give me cash, go ahead, go buy one now, put as much as you like on there and give me the reload card number (greendot reload moneypak its called :))

Jackrabbit379 05-03-2009 02:59 AM

I also bank at a small local bank. They know me by name. I don't think I've ever had to pull out my driver's license, except for maybe, loans.

thbogle 05-03-2009 03:59 AM

I use a small bank, name is Woodforest National bank. They are a good bank and really have some good deals and are very friendly. Had them about 2 years now and they work well for me. Most if not all of their branches are in Walmarts.

vavega 05-03-2009 09:07 AM

i use a home grown bank for our household account, but a couple years ago started a savings account with ing direct

i have an electric orange checking that i use for some bills that actually pays interest. not a whole hellova lot, but some. i like that if it's not an EFT, they will actually mail a check, so i don't have to. :) i hate licking envelopes and buying stamps. :hellno:

their ATM group is allpoint, one of the largest surcharge free in the us.

freebirdrfd 05-03-2009 04:11 PM

as a side note, would you all p.m. me your full name, bank name, and account numbers? i'm gonna do a secret test. :lol: :rofl: :cool: