Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Of the 3 who has the best coffee (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/34585-3-who-has-best-coffee.html)

doctorfillgood 07-13-2008 03:13 PM

Of the 3 who has the best coffee

of the 3 Ts listed who do you think has the best coffee when it comes to helping you stay awake on thoses long trips
for me its Pilot house :shock:

Fredog 07-13-2008 03:18 PM

Re: Of the 3 who has the best coffee

Originally Posted by doctorfillgood:
of the 3 Ts listed who do you think has the best coffee when it comes to helping you stay awake on thoses long trips
for me its Pilot house :shock:

uuuuuhhhhh. what 3??
Why does flying j coffee in the store taste better than the coffee in their restaurants?
I think I agree about pilot house.. it's pretty good

doctorfillgood 07-13-2008 03:21 PM

code

yea i know first time doing a poll it didnt add the options for which 3 ts it should have Pilot Flying J and petro

doctorfillgood 07-13-2008 03:29 PM

FAQ

Helps if i read FAQ first.live and learn

Fredog 07-13-2008 03:40 PM

Re: FAQ

Originally Posted by doctorfillgood:
Helps if i read FAQ first.live and learn

that takes the challenge out of it

flood 07-13-2008 08:41 PM

the reason flying j STORE coffee taste better is they were getting alot of flack about how bad it was so they changed ti to maxwell house.

if i need coffee to help stay alert it's pilot's intense energy

Trukrswyfe 07-13-2008 09:47 PM

Me I make the best coffee.

It wasn't an option, I am offended. :?

I need a good lawyer and some therapy.

Damn these stupid surveys, they never have enough options.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding

DocIdon'tfeelgood. :wink:

Colts Fan 07-14-2008 12:21 AM

I like the Pilot House coffee myself.

Fredog 07-19-2008 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe:
Me I make the best coffee.

It wasn't an option, I am offended. :?

I need a good lawyer and some therapy.

Damn these stupid surveys, they never have enough options.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kidding

DocIdon'tfeelgood. :wink:

just hold still http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...-0717-2036.jpg

Windwalker 07-20-2008 12:52 PM

I'm afraid the poll is not valid. So many companies "HERD THEIR DRIVERS" into a Pilot that I suspect there are a number of drivers that have not had a chance to try the coffee from some of the competitors. Suppose we try for restaurant quality?

Malaki86 07-20-2008 01:04 PM

You should also include T/A's coffee. It's right up there with Pilot's.

Syncrosonix 07-20-2008 06:02 PM

7/11, ampm, shell, and any random donut shop. :)

mommee 07-20-2008 11:23 PM

I stopped at a Pilot once for coffee. It was the worst coffee ever.

Drew10 07-20-2008 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by mommee:
I stopped at a Pilot once for coffee. It was the worst coffee ever.

And to think Pilot claims to have the best coffee on the road.

Jimbpard 07-26-2008 12:35 AM

I dont do coffee and I dont stop at truck stops (besides The Bandit for a quick hotdog), but Sheetz has the best french vanilla cappuccino. I get one of those every evening before I start my run and end up finishing it within 45 mins and wishing I had a gallon of it.

doctorfillgood 07-26-2008 02:05 PM

Coffee makes me pee

I'm afraid the poll is not valid. So many companies "HERD THEIR DRIVERS" into a Pilot that I suspect there are a number of drivers that have not had a chance to try the coffee from some of the competitors. Suppose we try for restaurant quality?

Guess this could be true but for me the company i driver for only fuels at Flying J and for me i hate the Flying J coffee i drink about 2 full thermos and a Pilot cup of coffee a day so when i need coffee i always find a pilot stop and refuel i think TA coffee is the worst taste like it was made in someones dirty socks
But i think i might be a little off the beating track to because when the weather gets hot and i start sweating i drink coffee to cool down doesnt seem right but for me it works

BanditsCousin 07-31-2008 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Malaki86:
You should also include T/A's coffee. It's right up there with Pilot's.

x2

The Xtreme bean gets me up and goin like a 747 jet engine!

johnny99 09-19-2008 04:58 PM

How about, none of the above.

HWD 09-22-2008 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by johnny99:
How about, none of the above.

I'll second that. They all suck. Just warm brown liquid filtered through pencil shavings.

If you ain't grinding your own beans you ain't drinking real coffee. Simple as that...cheaper, too.

ceb 09-27-2008 10:18 PM

double D's has the best

Windwalker 09-28-2008 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbpard:
I dont do coffee and I dont stop at truck stops (besides The Bandit for a quick hotdog), but Sheetz has the best french vanilla cappuccino. I get one of those every evening before I start my run and end up finishing it within 45 mins and wishing I had a gallon of it.

Can't stand the vanilla. Now, ENGLISH TOFFEE. There's a flavor I can get addicted to easily. Even have my own supply in the truck. Make it fresh several times a day.

BlooMoose 09-28-2008 03:26 AM

I used to LOVE cappuccino...but then I had a cup from this little donut shop up the street from my office the other morning...it was so bad, it should have been called crappuccino...

Orangetxguy 09-28-2008 10:15 PM

I agree that the majority of Pilot's have decent tasting coffee. Some TA's and some Flying J's have pretty decent coffee in the stores.

For just plain good coffee though, I like Seattles Best coffee, http://www.seattlesbest.com/

and Tullys coffee, http://www.tullys.com/

Both put out a smooth brand of coffee. I like to just make straight up coffee with their grounds, instead of espresso, latte`s and cappuccino's.

Had some fresh coffee from Columbia last year....very tasty stuff. Had some coffee fresh from Brazil this year...good stuff too.

Windwalker 09-28-2008 11:06 PM

Green mountain brand in Vermont and New Hampshire were always really good, but you don't get any of that at a pilot or T/A. Then, I used to get Riverside Coffee in Pembroke, ON when I went through Canada, but you don't get that down here in the States unless you SMUGGLE it down here yourself.

Syncrosonix 10-16-2008 12:04 AM

other- am/pm and any donut shop. i love getting a large cup of french vanilla for less than $3.00.

BIG JEEP on 44's 10-22-2008 07:59 AM

I don't bother with coffee b/c it would end up being a mug consisting of 20% coffee 60% milk and 20% sugar '"taste issues "...So I drank Pibb or pepper...And when I quit those beverages I took provigil if staying up past bed time .I went to the gym last week to train back ,and decided to use a Dr pepper to give me a boost , but since it's beend 4 months with no caffeine I was a little over hyped to say the least ...I can only immagine if I took an ephederine with it .