Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Who Here Likes the NEW CAD look???? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/33047-who-here-likes-new-cad-look.html)

Trukrswyfe 03-21-2008 09:27 PM

Who Here Likes the NEW CAD look????

The work of some new leadership has brought about a change on this Message Board that was once great for viewing and reading. Sometimes helpful and always funny information......

Has now gone down the tubes to a dismile Myspace Web Site wannabe, without the benefit of a freaking personal page, and definately no music.

Took out the not so respectful language, who opened the Spam bomb?

Pardon Me while I vent my frustration.... I fully intend on takin out on the hubby later ( it's Friday) :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

*dress up is fun

MadFox 03-21-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
...I fully intend on takin out on the hubby later ( it's Friday) :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Gosh, I feel sorry for your hubby. http://host459.ipowerweb.com/~vpnavy.../killingme.gif

IMHO - We have access to this site for FREE!

I can see some concern if we were "paying" to be here - but we aren't.

So, let ClassADrivers do what they have to to cover expenses.

Again, this is my opinion.

Trukrswyfe 03-21-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadFox
Quote:

...I fully intend on takin out on the hubby later ( it's Friday) :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Gosh, I feel sorry for your hubby. http://host459.ipowerweb.com/~vpnavy.../killingme.gif

If you knew me better You'd be jealous of him.

IMHO - We have access to this site for FREE!

I can see some concern if we were "paying" to be here - but we aren't.

So, let ClassADrivers do what they have to to cover expenses.

Again, this is my opinion.

When you can't read the information very well, how does it improve the site.

Your right the need to cover all the expenses for the FREE workers huh?

Man I wish I had free labor. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I could see adding advertising. but come on.

Last time I check, myspace was free, google was free, photobucket free, youtube once again free.

The success of these sites was that they keep the users happy so they kept coming to see the advertising. Your welcome for the lesson, next time I gonna advertise on your avatar to cover the cost of me schooling you. :lol: :lol:

MadFox 03-21-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

I could see adding advertising. but come on.

Last time I check, myspace was free, google was free, youtube once again free.

The success of these sites was that they keep the users happy so they kept coming to see the advertising. Your welcome for the lesson, next time I gonna advertise on your avatar to cover the cost of me schooling you. :lol: :lol:

You have a lot of valid points.

Please, please, please - forgive me. :lol:

Twilight Flyer 03-21-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Pardon Me while I vent my frustration.... I fully intend on takin out on the hubby later
If you're going to be wearing that outfit, I'll gladly bill him. :)

As far as the site goes, the mods are in the same boat. There has been a change of ownership with CAD. Jeff and Lucinda are now retired, living the good life on some tropical island chain that they probably own. There will be some changes with CAD...some good, some not so good, depending on your point of view.

As far as the board goes, while CAD owns the playground, it is your playground to play on and if you have issues with the equipment, we would encourage you to make those issues known. But just make sure you do it in a constructive way.

Twilight Flyer 03-21-2008 09:50 PM

I will add, too, that I echo your sentiment. The ads are way too much. Truck.net went to a set of ads a while ago...started out much like this and they were able to work it down to a workable solution.

Byt the way, I don't much worry about putting truck.net's web address up there, either, since they (along with many others) pop up on the ads. :shock:

Malaki86 03-21-2008 10:12 PM

Now they only need to add them to the left side of the screen so that we're completely surrounded...

Ridge Runner 03-21-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I will add, too, that I echo your sentiment. The ads are way too much. Truck.net went to a set of ads a while ago...started out much like this and they were able to work it down to a workable solution.

Byt the way, I don't much worry about putting truck.net's web address up there, either, since they (along with many others) pop up on the ads. :shock:

That is what has me shaking my head. They just did away with one of the things that set us apart from the rest of the field. As for as making money, I have to question the wisdom of linking us to the competition with all the pop-ups.

Twilight Flyer 03-21-2008 10:20 PM

I sent an e-mail to Lee, pointing him to both of these threads. It's my hope that the discussions will be positive and they'll learn a great deal about the posting base on this messageboard. I know that the issue can be worked out to the benefit of all...hopefully everyone will work toward that.

Trukrswyfe 03-21-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I sent an e-mail to Lee, pointing him to both of these threads. It's my hope that the discussions will be positive and they'll learn a great deal about the posting base on this messageboard. I know that the issue can be worked out to the benefit of all...hopefully everyone will work toward that.

great you work on that ok.....

I gotta go get my big boy.....

Have a good weekend fellas. :D :P

Rev.Vassago 03-21-2008 10:54 PM

While I have enjoyed the fact that classadrivers.com has been ad free for the entire 2 years I've been a member, that isn't even the basis for my issues.

I'm looking at it from the standpoint that I am accessing this website from a wireless aircard. Sometimes, my connection isn't all that good. The Google ads don't seem to care. They have been locking up the CAD pages on me all day.

Never mind the fact that I have to scroll down just to see the content. never mind the fact that I am finding links difficult to navigate through the forest of Google. After all - if us truckers on wireless aircards can't even access CAD, then all the Google ads in the world won't help.

mommee 03-21-2008 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
While I have enjoyed the fact that classadrivers.com has been ad free for the entire 2 years I've been a member, that isn't even the basis for my issues.

I'm looking at it from the standpoint that I am accessing this website from a wireless aircard. Sometimes, my connection isn't all that good. The Google ads don't seem to care. They have been locking up the CAD pages on me all day.

Never mind the fact that I have to scroll down just to see the content. never mind the fact that I am finding links difficult to navigate through the forest of Google. After all - if us truckers on wireless aircards can't even access CAD, then all the Google ads in the world won't help.

DITTO on that. The pages are now taking twice as long to download. :roll: I wish I was rich enough to retire to that tropical island.

Scoe 03-21-2008 11:15 PM

I know that it doesn't look as "clean" as it did before, but hey, all this extra revenue means a huge raise for all of us Mods (and site admins.), so, I'm all for it. :shock:

Sarcasm sold separately. :roll:

Rev.Vassago 03-21-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoe
I know that it doesn't look as "clean" as it did before, but hey, all this extra revenue means a huge raise for all of us Mods (and site admins.), so, I'm all for it. :shock:

With all the ad revenue, I'm sure you'll get your pay tripled from what it is now.

dangwabbit 03-22-2008 01:11 AM

It's an ad nightmare....way to busy need to lose some of the freakin' ads!

Drew10 03-22-2008 01:20 AM

NO, dont like it. I thought there was something wrong with my browser, closed it down and started again. Same.
Im with Rev....Im out here running an aircard, and CAD is "bogging" me down some, and where Im at Im getting full strength signal. Not 3G but full strength non the less. Should be running faster than it is.

Rev.Vassago 03-22-2008 01:27 AM

Perhaps it's reverse psychology. Throw a ridiculous amount of ads on the page, and everyone complains. Then come in and pull half the ads off, and everyone thanks you. :wink:

flood 03-22-2008 01:40 AM

NO I DON"T LIKE IT i'm at home on DSL. i hate to see what it will look like when i'm back on the air-card

greg3564 03-22-2008 01:41 AM

This sucks. CAD is now like the rest of the money hungry adware sites out there. WAY too much overkill people. Whats' next? Pop-ups? :roll:

Drew10 03-22-2008 01:47 AM

Quote:

Perhaps it's reverse psychology. Throw a ridiculous amount of ads on the page, and everyone complains. Then come in and pull half the ads off, and everyone thanks you. :wink:

Yuh...like the price of fuel...run the price up to 5 bucks a gallon. Then when it drops to 4 bucks, everybody thinks its a bargain. :roll: :lol:

Rev.Vassago 03-22-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg3564
This sucks. CAD is now like the rest of the money hungry adware sites out there. WAY too much overkill people. Whats' next? Pop-ups? :roll:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

4roses 03-22-2008 01:54 AM

I've always considered myself a person who can change when I must :roll: ... and do it without to much crying :cry: ,........... but lets get real here :!: ........... Who ever is doing all this changing is going to lose alot of members. Then where will CAD be :?: :?: ........... When I first came in here a bit ago it freaked me out :shock: :shock: - - I thought something was wrong with my PC, so I stepped out and came back in ..... then I almost started to blame my grandsons thinking they had opened the door to trojans and junk again (my sweet adorable grandsons) .... but first I started reading post and realized that .... my darling grandsons hadn't done anything wrong ..... it was all CAD's doing :shock: .... honestly ~ it doesn't please me to see what's happening here .... I do know of a few other sites and maybe it's time I take my spare time to those boards.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28...mixture219.gif

jeremyh 03-22-2008 03:03 AM

If you want some money just ask for donations. Don't shove these stupid ads down our throats. It just makes the webpage look ugly. I hope you guys have a change of heart and take these ads down.

gmh 03-22-2008 03:21 AM

Huh?

The look changed?

There are ads?

Something must be broken in Firefox. Oh, I think it's this thing called 'AdBlock Plus'.

Site looks great to me.

Rev.Vassago 03-22-2008 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmh
Huh?

The look changed?

There are ads?

Something must be broken in Firefox. Oh, I think it's this thing called 'AdBlock Plus'.

Site looks great to me.

Yes, we all know Firefox has ad blocking. Other browsers do exist, some of which are better than Firefox.

golfhobo 03-22-2008 04:03 AM

Oh, come ON, folks! It ain't that bad! scroll up and you'll see there are NO ads (currently) below the Rev's post! Just a little white space out to the side!

It actually makes it easier to see all the big PIX posted (like the cowboy ones in the women's thread) that werent "resized" to fit the forum!

Probably NEVER have to "scroll" right to left to read text under a post with an oversized picture again!

I would HOPE no one would "leave" over this! Just IGNORE the ads, like you always do on google! this site has NEVER been "defined" by its "borders." It is the "kitchen table" of our family! Like MANY families who have had to downsize their homes (like my parents) it may be a bit smaller, but that only makes it more intimate!

To some.... like ME.... that is a scary thing! But, we must learn to adapt or we'll just get farmed out to a retirement home! :lol:

I only ask that no one touches my elbows!! And DON'T try to hold my hand! I NEED my space.... even if it is a smaller space! :wink:

I guess my experience in "teaming" helps me out. Try sharing your truck cab/sleeper with another guy for a week or more at a time.... you won't find THIS all that confining!! It's all about perspective! :lol:

I'd say the WORST thing will be that SOME of you/us will need to learn to use your "inside voice!" Ha Ha! :wink:

gmh 03-22-2008 04:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmh
Huh?

The look changed?

There are ads?

Site looks great to me.

Yes, we all know Firefox has ad blocking. Other browsers do exist, some of which are better than Firefox.

Name two (that don't use the same engine and/or the Firefox renderer)

greg3564 03-22-2008 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmh
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmh
Huh?

The look changed?

There are ads?

Site looks great to me.

Name two (that don't use the same engine and/or the Firefox renderer)

Nobody really cares. Go find a techie forum.

Cluggy619 03-22-2008 08:55 AM

I'm sure you can find a ad-free forum to play on.....

If this one begins to be a little much. If I ever get my site back up, I might build a different forum with-out the ads and with-out my slanted opinion.

But in all reality, who would want that?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course, I still got this one that I haven't done anything with......

http://thedawghouse.freeforums.org/

It's got a couple of ads, but not placed by me. I guess their from freeforums.org

Malaki86 03-22-2008 10:48 AM

I used to host my site on freeforums.org. It was too unstable. Sometimes it'd work, sometimes not, sometimes fast, sometimes slow.

So, now I'm paying $13/month for a fast dedicated server.

RostyC 03-22-2008 01:41 PM

I don't like it at all. It slows things down and it's too busy on the eye. I'd rather just pay for a subscription if they need money.

Quote:

Perhaps it's reverse psychology. Throw a ridiculous amount of ads on the page, and everyone complains. Then come in and pull half the ads off, and everyone thanks you

Are you trying to say their mind F**king us Rev?? :lol: :lol:
That's just not very nice of them.

Fredog 03-22-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC
I don't like it at all. It slows things down and it's too busy on the eye. I'd rather just pay for a subscription if they need money.

Quote:

Perhaps it's reverse psychology. Throw a ridiculous amount of ads on the page, and everyone complains. Then come in and pull half the ads off, and everyone thanks you

Are you trying to say their mind F**king us Rev?? :lol: :lol:
That's just not very nice of them.

kind of like with gas, raise the price a dollar and then drop it 20 cents and everyone thinks it's a great deal

sidman82 03-22-2008 10:37 PM

Hate it!! It slows the board down, big time. I will consider leaving now, because it drives me nuts, and did I say slows the board down.

Malaki86 03-23-2008 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidman82
Hate it!! It slows the board down, big time. I will consider leaving now, because it drives me nuts, and did I say slows the board down.

The adblock for firefox speeds it up immensly. Hell, it should, considering it's only loading half of the page now,

Fozzy 03-23-2008 03:36 AM

Its not the end of the world.. but it does make the board appearance and performance rather sucky..

BigDiesel 03-29-2008 07:57 PM

Big deal on the ads .... I could care less. As a business owner you have a responsibility to enhance your revenue stream. Last time I looked, this site was not registered as a 501c3 Non-Profit Corporation. More power to the owners to make money.....

Malaki86 03-30-2008 02:06 AM

That may be true - but...

If most of the people that use this site are using a connection that could be slow at times (aircard, slow wi-fi, etc) and move on, then exactly how are they going to make money if people aren't visiting the site?

Using Internet Explorer or FireFox without Adblock, when my connection was a standard low-speed, it was taking almost a minute to load each and every page. With FireFox and Adblock, it takes about 5-10secs to load them.