Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   And the Survey Says... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says-13/)
-   -   Decision Time!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/survey-says/2732-decision-time.html)

bluebeetle 02-17-2004 07:27 PM

Decision Time!!!

Answer the poll for the following scenario:

You are currently working for a solid organization and have been there for 18 months. You have been driving for 5 years. You have a good driving record. There are a couple of speeding tickets and you did back into another truck at the Flying J five months ago that the Safety department deemed as a preventable and the Accident Review Board agreed with them. The following are all positive: Pay is .36 cpm. Your insurance is affordable at $85 a week (Major Medical/Dental/Vision for an entire family). You are getting home every 18-21 days for three days off. Nobody bothers you while you are home and the truck is sitting in your driveway. You are currently averaging 2700 miles a week and besides the occasional lumper, haven't had to unload or load for the last 15 months. The truck you are driving is one you got brand new and is running great.

Which of the following would cause you to leave?

Truckdobe 02-18-2004 04:32 PM

2 and 5 definately

Doctor Who 02-19-2004 07:51 PM

How about getting hit by a van in NYC???? That would, without a doubt, be a really DAMN good reason to resign a driving position!!!!!

But to answer your question

Originally Posted by :
You are currently working for a solid organization and have been there for 18 months. You have been driving for 5 years. You have a good driving record. There are a couple of speeding tickets and you did back into another truck at the Flying J five months ago that the Safety department deemed as a preventable and the Accident Review Board agreed with them. The following are all positive: Pay is .36 cpm. Your insurance is affordable at $85 a week (Major Medical/Dental/Vision for an entire family). You are getting home every 18-21 days for three days off. Nobody bothers you while you are home and the truck is sitting in your driveway. You are currently averaging 2700 miles a week and besides the occasional lumper, haven't had to unload or load for the last 15 months. The truck you are driving is one you got brand new and is running great.

Which of the following would cause you to leave?

None of the above an option you left out of the original survey!!!!

missing_u_myers 04-02-2005 02:39 AM

Not a truck driver and I was in the top of the poll's listed, nobody wants to do that, used to work for Dollar General, we had to unload the truck ourselves, that is why I am a teacher now, lol.

littleman2 04-02-2005 02:59 AM

number 1 and 5 simple as that.

Maveric 04-02-2005 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by littleman2:
number 1 and 5 simple as that.

Bisquit 04-16-2005 05:58 PM

I didn't see the correct response.....All of the above. Well maybe not all of them but 1 through 4 would definitely get me looking around for some changes or a new company.....Don

deerhunter13 04-16-2005 10:54 PM

UNLOADING ALL OF THE FREIGHT WOULD BE A SURE FIRE SIGN ITS TIME TO GO ESPECIALLY IF THERE WASN'T ANY EXTRA MONEY FOR IT AS FAR AS A NEWBIE DISPATCHER TIME WILL TEACH THEM . INSURANCE PREMIUMS GO UP ON A REGULAR BASIS ..THE KEY IS DO YOU END UP LOSING MONEY FROM YOUR PAY RAISES .AS FAR AS AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO ME

solo379 04-19-2005 01:33 AM

All of the above, sounds about right! :D

yoopr 04-19-2005 02:09 AM

so the word is now out that Crete is going to demand hand unloading of all your freight? :P