View Poll Results: the worst truckstops!
flying j 49 31.21%
petro 10 6.37%
williams 8 5.10%
pilot 52 33.12%
ta 38 24.20%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Destruction
best truck stops? the ones with a strip club next to it :idea:

I miss the williams truckstops. pilot makes me feel very unwelcome, get your fuel and your fast food and get the hell out!
Old 04-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

the 101 truckstop at exit 101 on I-40 in tn. probably even worse is one just down the street, didn't even bother checking the name but you could smell the urine from the interstate, ewwww
Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 AM
Default duh

can not find a pull through any wh 8) ere
Old 01-17-2011, 02:58 PM

The Corpus Christi Truck Stop in Corpus Christi, TX. What a hole-in-the-wall dump! They had 1 shower, which is upstairs. you have to go outside and enter through this dirty, rusty stairway. The lock was tricky, it took about 3 minutes of shaking and jiggling the key, I finally got the door open. There are three abandoned rooms in there, the doors looked like they have been kicked in and they are filled with dusty-looking garbage. I would expect Freddy Krueger or homeless drug addicts to live up there. The bathroom is separate from the shower and it's just a toilet with a bare bulb overhead. They give you a hand towell to dry off with. No place to put your soap and shampoo while you're showering, so you either hane to just leave you bar of soap on the floor (which I will NOT do!) or hold it in one hand while you try and wash your hair with the other hand. At least the food was good and the waitress was hot.. she was a cougar! ROOOOWRRR... LOL!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshock View Post
the 101 truckstop at exit 101 on I-40 in tn. probably even worse is one just down the street, didn't even bother checking the name but you could smell the urine from the interstate, ewwww
That place finally burned down! I was going to stop in there a few monnths ago and half the building had collapsed and burned! I always liked going there to check out all of their junk and trinkets.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCarriers View Post
Jake's was at 16A, the other side of 77, but its been closed for years.

I voted for the Pilot as being the worlds worst. You have no idea what you're paying for fuel until you get your reciept. Internet says one price, Interstate signs says another, sign out front of the building says something totally different and then ya get to the pump and its the 4th price you've seen for one truck stop.

When I go to a truck stop, I'm in need of fuel or hungry, thats it. I don't go to a truck stop to sit and watch tv, I have a laptop and wireless internet for entertainment, but thanks anyway. The Flying J has the best fuel prices around hands down. Who else gives you cash price when using a debit card? Pilot or the TA, nope. Credit price baby! Not to mention the J gives you an xtra $0.01 off if you get their rewards card, which is free, plus you can earn up to $0.025 off by purchasing merchandise, smokes, drinks, or food. And the Pilot prices are ALWAYS higher than everyone else. Pilot doesn't care about the small trucking companys, they just jack the prices up so they make a profit off all of their national accounts that strictly fuel with them after they recieve their discounts. The small trucking companies that fuel with Pilot that don't get big discounts are just paying too much for the same fuel I'm getting sometimes $0.15 cheaper at the J. Thats just the way I see it, on to food.

You're eating at truck stops, how good do you expect it to be? lol
There is a TA in Dallas on 35 where I had a steak and I believe that was the best steak I've ever had, period. If you're wanting good food, do like I do, park it in a Wally World/Lowes parking lot and walk across the street to the Outback or Golden Corral :lol:

And as far as working on a truck, the TA wins that one. They can change the oil and filter cheaper than I can buy the oil by itself. Ya just got to get there when there isn't a crowd or else you'll be in line for a while.
Speaking of truck Stop Steaks... Perto's Western Ribeye is fantastic! I guess they have been getting requests (or complaints) about their steak quality. I stopped at the Petro in Laramie a few months ago and The Ribeye was excellent! Thick and juicy and well-prepared! Every payday I treat myself to a steak dinner and Petro is on my "Stop & Eat List" once again!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM

The Pilot in Jackson, MS. Everytime I go in there, the McDonalds is always filthy. The floors and tables look like they haven't been cleaned in over a week! The employees are always shirkin' instead or workin' and talking nasty to each other. And there always seems to be panhandlers hanging around.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron View Post
...They had 1 shower, which is upstairs. you have to go outside and enter through this dirty, rusty stairway. The lock was tricky, it took about 3 minutes of shaking and jiggling the key, I finally got the door open. There are three abandoned rooms in there, the doors looked like they have been kicked in and they are filled with dusty-looking garbage. I would expect Freddy Krueger or homeless drug addicts to live up there. The bathroom is separate from the shower and it's just a toilet with a bare bulb overhead. They give you a hand towell to dry off with. No place to put your soap and shampoo while you're showering,

Quote:
so you either have to just leave your bar of soap on the floor (which I will NOT do!)
Glad to see you draw the line SOMEWHERE! :eek2::lol:

Personally..... I can go one day without a shower. :roll::thumbsup:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Glad to see you draw the line SOMEWHERE! :eek2::lol:

Personally..... I can go one day without a shower. :roll::thumbsup:
Ordinarily I would, but that particular day I had delivered a 53ft trailer full of mattresses to 5 different stops in or around the San Antonio & Corpus Christi areas. All day long in the summer heat hand-unloading king-size mattresses from a hot, dusty trailer... ain't no way in Satan's Den am I going to bed w/o a shower after a day like that!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

The only reason I voted for Pilot here is because Love's wasn't on the list. To me, a real truck stop includes a sit-down restaurant, not fast food only. Truck service doesn't hurt either.
Despite all of that, I will give the FlyingPilot's one thing: They are actively installing DEF pumps at their locations. I wish T/A, Petro, and Wilco would do so at such a pace.