View Poll Results: the worst truckstops!
flying j 49 31.21%
petro 10 6.37%
williams 8 5.10%
pilot 52 33.12%
ta 38 24.20%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

A KOA isn't free, may as well stay at a hotel and get a real meal.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Board Regular

I've only been on the road a month but I can now say that every flying J I have been in has been a dive. Pilot is not far behind. The nicest truckstop i've seen is by far the Sta-Mart in Fargo, ND. Great store, great restaurant, AWSOME drivers lounge and very friendly staff. Didn't have a chance to shower there, but by the looks of the rest of the place...you probably could have eaten off the shower floors. Oh yeah...free coffee for drivers too, fuel or not. We've been mainly stopping at T/A's and I have no complaints with them yet. Worst one we've stopped at was in Bloomington,IL Best one was definately the Iowa 80 at Walcott,IA...Man that place is huge. T/A's have decent food as long as it doesn't come off the buffet. I refuse to eat off any buffet. Seen a couple drivers take a number 2 and walk right out of the bathroom without even glancing at the sink and soap and walk up to the buffet. You can't get much more disgusting than that!

http://yankedriver.blogspot.com/
http://yankedriver2.blogspot.com/
Old 07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Rookie
Default worst truckstops

I voted for Pilot as the worst. Where each one was built in Oregon, I was told a new and better restaurant would replace the one that used to be there. For instance, two were torn down at Biggs OR and what did we get to replace them? We got a McDonalds and at Brooks OR we got Taco Bell and Subway. I don't consider either better. Give us restaurants that have full menus and nice waitresses/waiters to take our orders and tables to sit at.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Sans Argonauts....I'm not sure if this is the same TS I use in Charlotte. It is a tiny rat hole, and fills up fast...(small). Called the Charlotte Travel Plaza on 77 exit 16B. Sounds like the same place.

Jake's was at 16A, the other side of 77, but its been closed for years.

I voted for the Pilot as being the worlds worst. You have no idea what you're paying for fuel until you get your reciept. Internet says one price, Interstate signs says another, sign out front of the building says something totally different and then ya get to the pump and its the 4th price you've seen for one truck stop.

When I go to a truck stop, I'm in need of fuel or hungry, thats it. I don't go to a truck stop to sit and watch tv, I have a laptop and wireless internet for entertainment, but thanks anyway. The Flying J has the best fuel prices around hands down. Who else gives you cash price when using a debit card? Pilot or the TA, nope. Credit price baby! Not to mention the J gives you an xtra $0.01 off if you get their rewards card, which is free, plus you can earn up to $0.025 off by purchasing merchandise, smokes, drinks, or food. And the Pilot prices are ALWAYS higher than everyone else. Pilot doesn't care about the small trucking companys, they just jack the prices up so they make a profit off all of their national accounts that strictly fuel with them after they recieve their discounts. The small trucking companies that fuel with Pilot that don't get big discounts are just paying too much for the same fuel I'm getting sometimes $0.15 cheaper at the J. Thats just the way I see it, on to food.

You're eating at truck stops, how good do you expect it to be? lol
There is a TA in Dallas on 35 where I had a steak and I believe that was the best steak I've ever had, period. If you're wanting good food, do like I do, park it in a Wally World/Lowes parking lot and walk across the street to the Outback or Golden Corral :lol:

And as far as working on a truck, the TA wins that one. They can change the oil and filter cheaper than I can buy the oil by itself. Ya just got to get there when there isn't a crowd or else you'll be in line for a while.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Wrentham Mass Mikes Truck Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExDude
The Truck Stop your referring to in Wrentham is Called Mikes truck stop and by far it makes pilot and the hook look like class a resturant/truckstop, their parking lot is across a reasonably busy highway (Granted there is a traffic light), The parking lot has been dirt/potholes as long as I have been trucking (32 years), They are located next to a towing/salvage yard the food/service sucks chit, the fuel is high priced (when you can get it), If you don't have your own towel you can buy one from them for $10.00 (A very small one I might add) hhhhmmmm lets see what other nice things I can say about them..... well I guess thats about all I have on them
was temted to check them out but wen't to one on exit 14 in plainsville, MA, that's one that didn't impress me at all. Probably my vote on a BEST truck stop is bosslemans in altoonia, Iowa. I did a 34 hour reset there, good food, good store, and exelent drivers facilities, oh and mucho parking
Old 08-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Board Regular

best truck stops? the ones with a strip club next to it :idea:
Old 09-23-2006, 04:06 AM
Rookie
Default Worst of alltime!!

There is a Truck Stop on US 41 in Carlisle Indiana....#1 Hands down Lot Lizards my God you'd think you were at a petting Zoo...Gas is at least 10 cents higher on the Gallon and the food is atrocious!
Old 10-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Sapp Bros. Denver,CO. Dirty and not much room for maneuvering. Bad combination!
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaholic
Sapp Bros. Denver,CO. Dirty and not much room for maneuvering. Bad combination!
With HORRIBLE food-a very disgusting place-I hate Flying J's but when in Denver it becomes the Exception
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree4u
I-85 Pilot @ exit 129... always a wait at night and parking is always a problem. Trucks have taken it to themselves to make new parking in the grass. The scale is always packed too. Avoid in the late evening!!! Then there is the TA on exit 52 on I-285... If you like the lizards go there!

the flying j up the road at the 160 is clean and has decent parking also, friendly people and the showers have plenty of hot water and water pressure!
I just hope it stays that way