User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Worst customer you have ever picked up/dropped off at?

Buzzuto's Wholesale Foods in Cheshire, CT. My co-driver and I had a 0700 live unload appointment. We got there 90 minutes early and waited 22 hours along with about 20 other drivers. The people in the shipping office were rude and nasty. Sheisse National wouldn't let us drop and hook because it was a P&G load, so we had to wait. They finally got us to a door about 0430 the next morning.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM

Figueroa Bros in Irving. The warehouse supervisor was pretty rude to me and another driver. The other driver walked off after the whse super kept interrupting him when he was trying to ask a question. He yelled at me when I stepped over some line on the floor (which I was not first told to stay behind). He told me to slide my tandems and chock my wheels and when I went back inside to tell him I had done so, he snapped, "Go back out and wait in your truck!"

I can understand if you've had a bad day, but that's no excuse to be a dick to others, especially when they hadn't done anything to you in return. I believe in having a professional attitude when I'm on the job, and even when I encounter a jerk, I'm not going to go headhunting after.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:19 AM

These are my favorite customers . . they're there to remind me why I do what I do and why I don't do what they do.

Worst ever in 7 years probably falls to a dirty dozen or so that distinguish themselves by minuscule degrees of offensiveness. Among them, an Arnold Logistics in a Chicago suburb . . Arnold! In the biz, fa-krise-sakes! My "appointment" meant a F C F S, shotgun start, 20 doors, 30 waiting trucks, no parking on a lot not designed for 53's, let alone sleepers. Frost that cake with rude and indifferent nitwits manning the window and you get the picture. In all fairness, I've been to several Arnolds that were smooth as silk.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Senior Board Member

I deliver to C&S in Chester N.Y. 3 times a week. The people aren't bad, but it usually takes at least 2 hours to get a door. Last night it took 7 hours to drop off 2 pallets
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Senior Board Member

As of late, one that's topped my list is Cott Beverage in Wilson, NC. When we have 8 trailers (some empty, some partially full of dunnage) on their lot and they tell me I have a live load because they "don't have any empties," that really gets on my nerves. I can tolerate many things, but liars are not among them. Top that off with a 2-4 hour wait for palletized soft drinks.
Proctor & Gamble in Pineville, LA was the one I dreaded when I was over-the-road. The people were rude, the lot was dusty, and they still charged for the scale there.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPIDarkAngel View Post
. . Cott Beverage . .
My brother has your revenge. Back in the middle to late 70s, they were using "It's COTT to be good!" as their slogan. My bother came up with and sold them "Don't be COTT short!" They loved it and couldn't believe their own people hadn't come up with it. They paid him $25,000 . . and never used it. It's been all down hill for them ever since.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeike View Post
My brother has your revenge. Back in the middle to late 70s, they were using "It's COTT to be good!" as their slogan. My bother came up with and sold them "Don't be COTT short!" They loved it and couldn't believe their own people hadn't come up with it. They paid him $25,000 . . and never used it. It's been all down hill for them ever since.
Wow. Wait 'til I tell the boys in South Boston about that one.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southron View Post
Buzzuto's Wholesale Foods in Cheshire, CT. My co-driver and I had a 0700 live unload appointment. We got there 90 minutes early and waited 22 hours along with about 20 other drivers. The people in the shipping office were rude and nasty. Sheisse National wouldn't let us drop and hook because it was a P&G load, so we had to wait. They finally got us to a door about 0430 the next morning.
And, then you still had to make the same delivery appointment after you got loaded, didn't you?

Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
And, then you still had to make the same delivery appointment after you got loaded, didn't you?
That's correct!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Board Regular

I work in an entirely different industry than you guys, but hopefully you guys can understand my story. It isn't about the worst customer, she was actually pretty nice, it was the horse rancher that lived across the road from her.

Well I my day from hell was one of the hotter days last August. It started off my daughter was sick and no one was available to babysit so I was 20mins late to work because I had to take her with me.

Then we leave the shop and we get over the first hill and a dog decides he's going to chase my dump truck, but didn't realize that a 5 ton chipper was chasing it and he got hit by the taillight on the chipper.(they are the widest part of the machine)

Then we get to the job (removing 2 large weeping willows) and fill the truck with chips by 10'oclock, no problem the customer made arrangements for us to dump at her neighbours, now problem, the customer isn't home neither is the neighbour. So I drive around Carp Ontario for 30mins trying to find a place to dump, no luck, my dad tells me to come back, he'll figure out where to dump at the neighbours'. The workorder says dump on the trails, so we find a trail in the middle of her field.

OK now back to chipping, another load by 11, dumped in the same spot. Fill it again by 12. Finally the customer and the neighbour showup almost at the same time the neighbour is extremely angry, my dad sends me to calm her down and find out where she actually wants the chips. so after I walk her property with her for close to an hour and listening to her bitch about me and my dad for that long I finally lay into her because she wants the chips spread evenly 4" thick throughout the trails on her property like 2 days of work saving like 2 hours driving the chips to the dump, so I tell her no possible way in hell, we'll pick up the dumped chips and take them home with us.

So after I dump the 3rd load at our own dump and bring back our loader to load the chips I find out she called the cops, so everytime I hear a car drive by my heart stops because I think its the cops coming to take me to jail because of this crazy bitch charging me with trespassing. By the time we ge the job done AND load all the chips its like 7pm. And I had to go back the next day to pickup the loader. So much for a nice easy friday job with only 2 loads of wood to haul home.

Last edited by classictruckman; 03-17-2011 at 11:53 PM.