User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 02:02 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Just noticed something, and I'm wondering if anyone else has ever noticed it.

Different Bibles seem to have slightly different information. Not exactly different, but sort of "rounding things off".

Cain was born within the first 100 years after Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden. Then Abel, and then Seth. After Cain murdered Abel, he told GOD he was afraid someone would kill him. Who??? Adam? Eve? Seth wasn't even a gleem in his daddy's eye yet. So, who? But, GOD put a mark upon him. It seems that mark was inherited by his line of descent.

Before the flood, Noah already had two wives that were "seed of Seth". GOD told him to take another woman for a wife, that was "seed of Cain". "For she is a righteous woman and tries to serve GOD, though she does carry the mark of Cain. GOD did not want the "seed of Cain" to vanish from the earth because of the coming flood. And, she became the mother of Ham.

Then, not long after the flood, Cain appears in time to get murdered himself. Now, I'm not nearly as interested in just how Cain survived the flood without the aid of Noah and his Ark, but if you would, check my "cyphering"...

Cain - Born about 39,950 BC... Give or take about 50 years or so...
Date of the flood - about November 11, 2345 (according to Biblical "experts")
Or...
Date of the flood - about 2845 (according to science.)

So, what I'd like to know... Just how large a birthday cake did they have to have for him for the last year before he was killed in order to fit 26,000 PLUS candles on it????

If no one in the early years of the Bible lived to reach 1,000 years, how did he live to be a ripe, old, rikkety, age of more than 26,000 years???

Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
While it's true that other animals communicate, they use sounds and "BODY LANGUAGE" to get the message across. Even dogs do that. But, man is the only one that, to date, is able to articulate speech. Even dolphins include body language in their communications. But, I'm not a geneticist, so I have to accept what I read and hear about it. From everything I've heard and read, man is the only one that carries the gene that gives us the power of speech.

My brother has a parrot that has a 100 word vocabulary...lol You can more than understand every word!
Old 09-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw View Post
My brother has a parrot that has a 100 word vocabulary...lol You can more than understand every word!
And, has the bird been check to see if it has or doesn't have that "speech gene"?

Old 10-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It seems that when someone attempts to disprove something in the Bible they wind up proving it.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:00 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Interesting point about the parrot. I had a friend a while back that had an African Gray. Ash had a vocabularly of 500+ words...simply a phenominal bird. And Grays are also one of the smartest birds in the world. They are intelligent and capable of thought processes. There is a famous one named Einstein that has a vocabulary of well over a thousand words...I've seen a couple videos of it. You can probably YouTube her.

But I'll give you a couple of examples of Ash's ability to communicate.

Ash had free run of the house, wings were not clipped, and my friend had a regular habit of taking him for walks around the neighborhood when Ash riding on his shoulder. Because of their closeness, Ash had developed quite the personality. He would terrorize the cats (they had 4...2 inside and 2 outside) and he was flat out a smart-*****.

His sudden response one day to one of Dallas' wife's friends...a large lady that had the habit of doing a sing-song "pretty bird" routine whenever she came over was..."f*** you, lady, I'm a chicken!" Sure, Dallas had taught him that, but full sentences were common with this bird. I thought I was going to die that day when I head that one. :rofl:

I remember playing cards in the dining room one night and Ash was making a ruckus in the other room, hollering at one of the cats. Dallas yelled out to Ash that if he didn't shut up, he was going to turn him into chicken soup. Ash came walking (yes, he walked all over the house) into the room, clucking like a chicken. Dallas never taught him that, but thinks his wife did.

Ash would hide behind doors to scare cats when they walked by, he tormented the outside cats when they came up to the door, he did absolutely everything that one would think required intelligent thought to come up with.

The point is, God didn't make "dumb" animals. And while it was man that taught Ash to speak, it was Ash's intelligence that enabled him to communicate with man's speech.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer View Post
The point is, God didn't make "dumb" animals. And while it was man that taught Ash to speak, it was Ash's intelligence that enabled him to communicate with man's speech.

Good point, Twilight Flyer. :thumbsup:
Old 10-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
And, has the bird been check to see if it has or doesn't have that "speech gene"?

Better late than never...lol
Cant tell you anything about a speech gene!!! All I can tell you is the parrot talks, and can answer some simple questions!!!.....lol Much like most truck drivers....lol
Old 10-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
It seems that when someone attempts to disprove something in the Bible they wind up proving it.

I believe you are right!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
GMAN[/b]]It seems that when someone attempts to disprove something in the Bible they wind up proving it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
I believe you are right!!!!
Well, I did not start this thread to try to disprove the Bible (if that's what it looked like). But, we do tend to take the writings of the Bible, word-for-word, and when looking at the errors in translation that we are able to trace, we need to consider the number of times it may have been translated since the very first "inspired words" were written. How many more errors in translation were introduced before the earliest records we are able to locate? So far, the oldest records we have are the "Dead-Sea Scrolls". Yet, man was created around 40,000 BC and surely, there would have been records between then and 150 to 70 BC when the scrolls are believed to have been written. But, where are they? It would seem that most did not survive the ravages of time. And, Creation is an excellent example.

Between Archeology, anthropology, and paleanthology, many of the events given to us by the Bible have been proven to be reasonably accurate. Yet, the seven days of creation, that we are told lasted a whole seven days, have been proven inaccurate. That is, unless you take each day of Creation as a relative period of time, rather than a hard and fast rule of our 24 hour days. And, that "relative period of time" would seem to be supported even more by the events in Exodus. All natural events that occurred with IMPECCABLE TIMING. For a GOD that is so able to use natural events to impress HIS will on the earth and it's inhabitants, to simply snap his fingers to create something would be a bit out of character for him. Instead, it would seem far more within his character to have guided evolution over a period of time to create his masterpieces.

We also seem to assume that when GOD created man, man looked just like us. This too, does not seem to hold up to the test of science. There is no evidence of our species, "HOMO-SAPIEN, SAPIEN" before 6,000 BC. The earliest evidence of Homo Sapien, Cro-Magnon, is a fossil found that dates back to 37,000 BC, and they are thought to have showed up on the earth about 40,000 BC, and it's an interesting coincidence that GOD created the earth around that same time. Prior to that, Archaic Homo Sapien reigned on the earth form 180,000 to about 30,000 BC. According to mtDNA, Homo Sapien split off from Archaic Homo Sapien about 170,000 BC, yet, there is no surviving evidence of them from 170,000 to 37,000 BC.

The Bible talks about the "Sons of GOD" and the "daughters of man". Fallen Angels? Really? I have a feeling this is not entirely accurate either. During WWII, the Allies won the war because "GOD was on our side". The Hebrews were GOD's chosen people. Homo Sapien was far more advanced than any other species on earth. Want to bet... "Sons of GOD". And, Archaic Homo Sapien would have been the source of "the daughters of man". The Bible also talks about "TAKING for wives, all that they would". There was no negotiation, or permission granted. The women were simply taken. Homo Sapien was far superior to Archaic Homo Sapien and would have been capable of doing just that.

Physically, Archaic Homo Sapien was not capable of throwing a spear or a rock. Skeletal Structure did not permit them to do so. Homo Sapien, on the other hand most certainly was. Science is at a loss to explain the disappearance of Archaic Homo Sapien, yet that passage in the Bible would suggest that they were hunted into extinction for the women. Again, science is not able to prove or disprove whether there were any off-spring between the two species, but the Bible says there were. mtDNA suggests there was not, but science also admits that there could have been a shift in the mtDNA, and only cellular DNA will answer that. It stands to reason that any off-spring between Homo Sapien and Archaic Homo Sapien would have been absorbed into Homo Sapien society, and that shift in mtDNA would have happened. And, at this point, science does not have the technology to extract cellular DNA from a fossil, so theories abound, and mine is as good as the next.

My whole point is not to say that the Bible is wrong, and there is no GOD. But, our understanding of the Bible is flawed, and most likely due to errors in translation. And, there were 39,630 years in which those errors would have happened, and in just the last 2,000 years of the new testament, there are thousands of differences between the two oldest complete Bibles in the world. Now, extend that ratio back another 39,000 years, and what are you left with? Considering how much of the Bible has been proven by science, the Bible is not an invalid record. Even though, science and theology do not agree on the date of the flood, they both do agree that it did happen. And, while the Bible would have us believe that the great flood was universal, it seems that a small outpost of Cro-Magnon did survive the flood without the aid of Noah and his ark, on the Canary Islands, until the 15th century. There is also no mention of a flood in their mythology. And, the fact that science does not discard the Bible would suggest that we do not either. But, where any other record is amended when proven wrong, the Bible is not. That may be our biggest error with regard to the Bible.

Old 02-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

The Bible is a largely fictional tome with some elements of truth. While there are certain elements which can be supported through the sciences, there were no talking snakes, talking / burning bushes, or talking donkeys.
While it does have some truth to certain parts of it, and while there are some things to be gained from studying it, it was largely co-opted by man for the purpose of empowering the few to reign and rule over the masses.

Tags
don't believe it at all, don't know much about it, historical record only, word for word