View Poll Results: How long will Mexicans take to rule truck market?
2 months 2 10.00%
6 months 2 10.00%
end of GW Bush's term 8 40.00%
end of next Republican President elected from FL vote-count machines 1 5.00%
3 years 3 15.00%
6 years 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default How long will Mexicans take to rule truck market

Since it took less than 6 years for illegal alien Mexicans to become a majority population in USA, how long do illegal aliens made into legalized truck drivers have before they rule truck market wages?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member

:roll:

You know, they might drop rates a little but think about this. The have to pay the same price as we do for fuel, when they break down they pay our prices, anything they need done in the u.s. they will have to pay our prices. I'm 99.95836553% sure it costs more for those companies to run there trucks here, so they have to go up on there rates to make money. It might be a little lower than ours, but I honestly dont think it will make a diffrence.

Now, I persoanlly dont like them coming here either, it takes away loads from all of us, but as far as wages ( cpm) I dont see them going down anytime soon, heck schnider just up'ed there pay scale, and sevral others are starting to do it also.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLUX
:roll:

You know, they might drop rates a little but think about this. The have to pay the same price as we do for fuel, when they break down they pay our prices, anything they need done in the u.s. they will have to pay our prices. I'm 99.95836553% sure it costs more for those companies to run there trucks here, so they have to go up on there rates to make money. It might be a little lower than ours, but I honestly dont think it will make a diffrence.

Now, I persoanlly dont like them coming here either, it takes away loads from all of us, but as far as wages ( cpm) I dont see them going down anytime soon, heck schnider just up'ed there pay scale, and sevral others are starting to do it also.
I think you have some good short term arguments, and I really hope you are right. But they may not be governed by DAC and DOT like Americans are rigidly done now. Likewise, their loads and cargo may not be subject to the same taxes, inspections, and weight limits at scales.

Don't think anyone really knows right now, since GW Bush enacts laws without writing them down (like our Consitutional Amendments repealled - no one know what our rights are now in USA!).

And as far as Schnider, aren't they the ones that MAKE you deliver Walmart loads at set day rates at about $750/week gross? Who cares what they advertise rates at if they stick you with low fixed wage loads for constant week truck loads? All 3 of companies with Schnider CAN now be dictate you to run any other of the companies loads, WHICH MEANS you can count on NO MORE than lowest rate of lowest wage company OR fixed LOW rate of Walmart loads.

That in fact, was the first indication of the trucking industry getting sucked into Mexico, like our manufacturing was sucked into China. The trucking industry was the last to go, so it did good. Now it will be like other low wage industries, except you cannot hold another job being on the road, and have to put up with DAC and other driving stressors/expenses.

I hope I'm wrong, but I've seen too much since 2000 that says I'm closer to the truth than wrong. Good luck!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: How long will Mexicans take to rule truck market

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog
Since it took less than 6 years for illegal alien Mexicans to become a majority population in USA, how long do illegal aliens made into legalized truck drivers have before they rule truck market wages?
Please tell me you mean a majority in some defined areas and NOT a majority in the USA overall.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Rookie
Default Re: How long will Mexicans take to rule truck market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog
Please tell me you mean a majority in some defined areas and NOT a majority in the USA overall.
Well, true, 'latino's' are now a majority in America, but since they have been streaming illegal aliens all the way from the Southern tip of South America to Mexico, it has really tilted the scales significantly.

They come through FL so fast and furious, that Jeb Bush must be shipping them in these big cheesey cruise super liner ships. The faces change daily with herds of illegals migrating North. 30 illegals can reside in a 2 bedroom flat by leaving before the sun goes up, and coming home after the sun goes down. About 15 laborers, 4 drivers, 1 interpretor, and one caveman to watch the flat during the day sometimes with all the wives home which work their own jobs too with different hours.

Once my neighborhoods electricity turned off from a transformer on a pole blowing out. The ladies streamed out of the house that looked empty and filled up the small yard in between houses. Kind of freaked me out.

The migration has not slowed down in FL and don't think it has anywhere yet on the borders. They are not visible except when they move on and don't pay rent (or their new trucks off) and leave 30 little white 13 gallon trash bags on the sidewalk neatly stacked. Then the illegal landlord who is exploiting them will gut the townhouse out to some degree to get ready for a new batch @ $75/person/week piled in. Its big business down here, and in AZ too I hear from a friend there. Big bucks. In AZ, they jump back and forth over the border and live like kings in Mexico. Can't do that in FL though. Since wages generally suck down here, they can only move North down here.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Senior Board Member

if the mexicans get 10 drivers living in one truck like they do one house. they will make $$$$$.. team driving will take on a whole new meaning. lol :lol:
Old 09-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
if the mexicans get 10 drivers living in one truck like they do one house. they will make $$$$$.. team driving will take on a whole new meaning. lol :lol:

:shock: Suuuuuuuucccccchhhhhh.......... ! Don't give the companies any ideas. :P
Old 09-29-2007, 04:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
I don't care who you are. THAT'S funny.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Some of you ninnies need to just kill yourselves.. sheesh!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 05:21 PM