Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Suggestion Box (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/suggestion-box-18/)
-   -   Professional Driver's Conduct Code (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/suggestion-box/30762-professional-drivers-conduct-code.html)

mapleleaf_1 12-04-2007 03:53 AM

LOL I love that animation Roadhog. Would love to see in real life more often though.

motozeke 03-09-2008 01:48 PM

rule

be a proffesional driver
dont speed in bad weather, dont make high rish manuvers, DONT TAILGATE!!! ( this is a problem out there) dont make constant lane changes. Try and be couteous to merging traffic
Be patient!!! level headed and never never ever be in a hurry when all your judgement and common sense is thrown aside
will this ever happen???
only when we stop issuing licenses in the south to dumb macho hillbillys and only give them to sane people who value human life and have a senxe of decency

Ridge Runner 03-10-2008 01:26 PM

Re: rule

Quote:

Originally Posted by motozeke
be a proffesional driver
dont speed in bad weather, dont make high rish manuvers, DONT TAILGATE!!! ( this is a problem out there) dont make constant lane changes. Try and be couteous to merging traffic
Be patient!!! level headed and never never ever be in a hurry when all your judgement and common sense is thrown aside
will this ever happen???
only when we stop issuing licenses in the south to dumb macho hillbillys and only give them to sane people who value human life and have a senxe of decency

Don't forget the self-centered a-holes from the north that thinks the world revolves around them. :wink:

just saying......

Roadhog 03-11-2008 07:23 PM

Ya gotcher nort...and den dares far nort...eh? :?
..and there's south and far south. :P

motozeke 03-15-2008 03:20 PM

heres a example

when you are doing 5 miles an hour over the speed limit and a big truck pulls in front of you and I mean right in front of you and this happens to me about 100 times a day when im hauling heavy steel . I have to back my speed down to create a space knowing that if there was a panic situation id have no time to stop safely. You think to yourself what a jerk!and this a accepted practice on the road!! go through any big city and the trucks will bunch up and tailgate at speeds that for sure their will be a wreck if something occurs. I have seen so many wrecks its unreal yet these supposedly proffessional drivers will not think defensively they will drive like idiots to get somewhere an hour before me risking their own lives and those of others for what?? an extra dollar!
I have a picture of my granddaughter on my dash to remind me that I need to drive like she was in a car next to me
constant lane changing and passing is unsafe stupid and unproductive and anyone who thinks that being out here is a macho thing and that they can do what they want because they are some kind of bad-ass is a idiot who needs their license revoke the industry needs to progress into a proffessional industry only then will wages and respect become better.
Its the old addage you get what you pay for well...look at what we have for pennies a mile maybe if we acted and worked like pros we would be paid like pros