Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Tony Stewart (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/44869-tony-stewart.html)

Blacksheep 08-11-2014 05:17 PM

Tony Stewart

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...042049206.html

This is messed up.

Mr. Ford95 08-11-2014 08:07 PM

Here's my take on this, tragic accident and nothing more at this point.

Seeing a ton of false info from the single known video of the incident. Add in a ton of false knowledge from folks who know as much about racing as I know about astro physics.

The video doesn't exactly catch it very well. It does show Stewart stopped within at least 150 ft from the point of impact. A man who did it on purpose would not have stopped so quickly..........

The gunning of the engine in the video, 100% NOT Stewarts car you hear. The incident happened on the backstretch, the video is from the frontstretch with cars still passing by the camera but unseen in the video. It is another competitor who just so happened to rev his engine on the frontstretch as Tony was hitting the guy/kid out back.

Watching the video closely, the 45 car just barely misses him first with Tony about 2 seconds behind him. This drivers crew member has gone public and stated that the driver of the 45 told him that he did not see him until the last second.......As Tony comes into view, you can see the left front wheel go right AFTER the impact like he's trying to regain control from yanking left a moment before. A panic move essentially as if he were spooked out of nowhere. This other driver was in a black firesuit on a poorly lit section of track with a black background of trees and a car along with dark colored dirt. Watch the video without staring at the driver standing there on the track. See if you notice how easy he blends in like I noticed. A driver focused gets tunnel vision, its well known. These cars aren't very easy to see out of to the right with the way the roof side panel hangs down for downforce. Contrary to the buddy of Ward who also claimed he was directly behind Tony(or at least some media outlets are running with) other drivers all agree its darn near a blind spot. These guys also do not have spotters on the roof telling them anything normally.

In the end, the mistake was getting out of the car to confront him. Do it from a safe distance or after the race is over. I have always been leery of drivers getting so close. I think back to Kurt Busch at Indy being mad with Spencer. The speed Spencer went past, had something broke a la Montoya at Daytona, Kurt was dead on the spot. Or even further back to Ricky Rudd at Atlanta when he crashed, facing the wrong way against the pitlane wall, he stepped out of the car towards the outside wall obviously and proceeded to get clipped. Those were the days of guys racing back to the line. He never climbed out again until he was certain everyone had slowed already. Honestly, I have a theory for why he was so close but I won't put it out unless more video comes out because the single video now doesn't show very much as he goes off screen.

firebird_1252 08-11-2014 08:48 PM

heres my take. now.. I'm just a dumb drag racer. I know nothing about nascar didn't even know tony stuart was a nascar driver until earlier today. does anyone in their right mind actually think that someone of his fame would deliberately kill someone? stupid if you ask me. I watched the video and if anything the guy was running towards stuart. he wanted to act like tommy toughguy and look where it got him. don't ever want to see someone dead or killed no one deserves that at all. for the rest of stuarts life he has to deal with knowing he killed someone. its a super sad situation.

Mr. Ford95 08-11-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebird_1252 (Post 531652)
for the rest of stuarts life he has to deal with knowing he killed someone. its a super sad situation.

That right there is it. Intentional or not, he will still suffer from this nightmare he is now in for a long time whether its jail time or psychological. Richard Petty still refuses to discuss his drag racing crash that killed an 8 year old back in the late 60's.

golfhobo 08-11-2014 10:52 PM

The original "crash" of the kid's car was just "dirt track racing." He should have staid in his car until the yellow came out. He didn't. He "charged" down the track in a dark area, in a dark racing suit. It wasn't the backstretch (I don't think.) It looked like a "corner" where all the cars would be sliding. The 45 car had to jerk to the left to avoid him. Probably, blocked Tony's view.

IF Tony jerked his wheel to the left... it was to avoid him, but maybe it made his rear wheels slide right and clipped him. IF he was trying to hit him, he'd have steered to the right and hit him with the front end!

Sad event. Stupid, tragic mistake by a young KID who thought he was better than a PRO!

The MINUTE this stupid kid got out of his car... it was ALL on him! He is responsible for his own demise.

He was too "hot headed." And too inexperienced to deal with the situation. Sorry, KID... you were TOLD not to "play in traffic!" RIP.

IF the video shows Tony jerking to the right... it was because the 45 car jerked LEFT and went low! Tony might have figured the high line was better for a pass. I don't think he EVER saw the Kid. Probably thought he was smarter than to be on the track! I don't think they had "spotters," and it was WAY dark!

If anything... NASCAR should pass a rule that ANYONE getting out of their car while still ON THE TRACK, will be immediately disqualified for the YEAR! SOMETHING should be done to stop these "on track challenges" from angry drivers! It's bad sportsmanship... AND it is obviously dangerous!

I'm sorry for the Kid... and his family. But, he just proved Darwin's Theory! Anyone seeing the video (that they are showing,) would recognize how "out of control" he was!

golfhobo 08-11-2014 11:02 PM

Wow! Just got a breaking news on Circa. Robin Williams found dead at 63!

Mr. Ford95 08-12-2014 09:42 PM

Hobo, no spotters at those races, not required so hardly ever used. Per the video, Stewart wasn't right behind the 45, he was back a bit so his view wasn't blocked necessarily because of that car. It was definitely the back stretch area where it took place. Tony stopped at the entry to turn 3, half mile oval, straight is maybe 500 ft long. The kid had walked most of the way back to the exit of turn 2 where he was hit. So it is possible Tony was slightly sliding as he exited but its believed he was going about 40-45 mph still. Caution speed was 35 but those guys don't have speedos in the car either and they were catching up to the pace vehicle at that point still.

I know its cheap racing, how about also requiring spotters at any and all tracks around the US. Had Tony been told hey he's out looking for you, Tony would have been watching a whole lot harder for him. What has bothered me in the past is a guy like Brian Vickers. He has had guys mad at him and he has swerved at them as they are standing there waiting on him. I've seen it several times, like he's trying to scare them to back away, stupid and dangerous. I'm very surprised NASCAR hasn't gotten on him about it in the past, bet they will now if he does it again.

Blacksheep 08-13-2014 07:01 PM

A simple fact that cannot be denied, Mr. Ward would be alive today if he just stayed in his car and waited for the track crew to come out and get him.

In the end he caused his own death.

golfhobo 08-13-2014 10:48 PM

Breaking news! Blacksheep and I agree on something! lol.

GMAN 08-14-2014 11:51 PM

The kid was out of control and running in traffic. He placed himself in the situation which resulted in his death. Even in the best circumstances, it would have been difficult to see him or anyone on that dark track. Dark clothing with the poorly lit track makes it very difficult to spot anyone walking on the track. It appeared that he was running directly at Tony Stewart's car.